Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Losi XXX-SCT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Frank, Trackside in Milwaukee. This past one was in April. Not sure when 2011 will be scheduled.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Chrome--The arm is VLA, just shorter than those used on the XXX-T's.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

As for the Losi Strike, Losi should create a buy back program to get those off the market and out of peoples hands!
A trade in program. Trade in your Strike for 50% off a SCT.
Like that would happen.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:12 PM
RT3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Followed by a big Strike bonfire celebration at the end of the year. lol
Old 10-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *Chrominator*
I'm confused after watching the preview video, the Losi Rep. says they used shorter A Arms to achieve the narrower width, then he says you can use the old VLA Arms off the MF1,2 or CR , that doesn't make any sense ? Can someone explain this to me, thanks.

See I tried to tell everyone over a year ago that Losi was building and developing one these XXX-SCTs and no one believed me.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rse-truck.html
To expand on what Kwhis said.

The SCT will come with one hole rear hubs and front spindles. The arms have VLA holes on them so you can "hop-up" the truck with MF2/TCR front spindles and MF2 or other VLA rear hubs to be able to adjust the pivots. So even though VLA adjustments don't come with the car you can easily add parts to give you this tuning option.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 220 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SocalSnakeEyes
A trade in program. Trade in your Strike for 50% off a SCT.
Like that would happen.
I'd be happy with 25% even though i have like $400 in the thing and don't even run it
Old 10-13-2010, 06:30 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Also, to add to this. If you us the stock spindle which comes long vla and a bk2, mf2 or other vla hub in the long vla hole, and put these in the short vla hole of the graphite XXX-T arms, it will be the proper width. It takes a little grinding, but works great. I added these on to my truck last night so I know it can be done

Originally Posted by *Chrominator*
I'm confused after watching the preview video, the Losi Rep. says they used shorter A Arms to achieve the narrower width, then he says you can use the old VLA Arms off the MF1,2 or CR , that doesn't make any sense ? Can someone explain this to me, thanks.

See I tried to tell everyone over a year ago that Losi was building and developing one these XXX-SCTs and no one believed me.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...rse-truck.html
Originally Posted by Casper
To expand on what Kwhis said.

The SCT will come with one hole rear hubs and front spindles. The arms have VLA holes on them so you can "hop-up" the truck with MF2/TCR front spindles and MF2 or other VLA rear hubs to be able to adjust the pivots. So even though VLA adjustments don't come with the car you can easily add parts to give you this tuning option.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

I ran against Casey's XXX-SCT last night and it does look really good on the track. I will be moving over to the new Losi when it comes out.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripthreat
Also, to add to this. If you us the stock spindle which comes long vla and a bk2, mf2 or other vla hub in the long vla hole, and put these in the short vla hole of the graphite XXX-T arms, it will be the proper width. It takes a little grinding, but works great. I added these on to my truck last night so I know it can be done

You may have lost me here a little.

Are you saying long/outer position on the hubs and short/inner position on the arms, grid away plastic to make it work?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yes he is.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Tech Lord

So one more question, those of us who have XXXT based conversions, are we wider than legal width?
Old 10-13-2010, 08:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The front end is the real problem and is on the ragged edge depending on the wheels and tires you use with the conversion trucks. Losi wanted to make sure the truck was within the legal limits so they narrowed up the truck a little. Kind of an over reaction from the strike which was too long. They wanted to make sure there was no question this truck was legal. It works great. Like Frank said you can shave donw XXX-T arms and use the inner VLA holes front and rear and keep the truck "stock" width. This will move your shock positions out one hole from the stock arms. You can run the stiffer graphite arms this way though if you like stiffer suspension arms.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Lord

Good to know. It's probably easiest to wait for the new arms to come out. I don't aticipate having my car tech'd any time soon. I assume this change also requires new rear dogbiones?

Last edited by Davidka; 10-13-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Just in case anyone is interested, here is my setup from HRH:

http://losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOSB0...RLElFinals.pdf

And Casey's standard setup which is probably better for most loamy or indoor tracks:

http://losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/LOSB0...k-Standard.pdf
Old 10-13-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Davidka

you will need mf2 dogbones and mf1 and axles or If you are lucky and can find them you can run mf2 cvd's with the shorter xxx axle. You will probably want to trim the outside of the outdrive because it will just barely touch the bone at full compression

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.