C rating???

Old 10-05-2010, 11:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812
My bad, was reading your novel and saw the HPI Flux chapter and made the Savage connection. In the end are you telling me that with a 1/10 scale and a 17.5 for example I'm not going to see a difference between a 20C pack and say a 40C pack (both being = mah) I'm sure I'll get somebody to post that agrees with me that you're nuts.
yeah thats nuts! Thats why for me, if theres a higher C rated pack out there, I am gonna buy it! I personally run 50C batteries in all my cars! If they come out with a 60C pack? I'd be all over that!
Old 10-05-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

My bad, was reading your novel and saw the HPI Flux chapter and made the Savage connection. In the end are you telling me that with a 1/10 scale and a 17.5 for example I'm not going to see a difference between a 20C pack and say a 40C pack (both being = mah) I'm sure I'll get somebody to post that agrees with me that you're nuts.
NOPE, actually you're wrong again... i infact said the exact opposite.

i wrote that with a 1/10 scale (vxl, sidewinder, etc) that a 30C will give you 92% of a 40C, i could do the theory math on what a 20C would give you in theory. i don't know anybody with less than 35C batteries so i can't measure it.

i'm not spouting crap outta my ass, i've manufactured lithium batteries for general motors research & development, and licensed both of my lithium battery patents to them for use in manufacturing based research. remember the volt? and the line it'll be for sale when the batteries are ready?? yeah, i designed the chemical mackup of one of several canidates to be those batteries. you could characterise them as being about 4more generations ahead of what's currently available.

just take your time the next time you reply to a post, reread it twice and make sure you're taking in what's being said.

3rd times the charm?

cheers. Phil

EDIT, see you already got one guy to agree i'm nuts... when you just post flat out lies... wtf... this is why newspapers write retractions and apologise.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Forgot to put in the question mark. So no I'm not posting lies it actually was a question. Which apparently my simple mind didn't fully comprehend that you had actually answered. Novak for example doesn't list an amp rating for thier esc's, so then what?

so sor...hey there goes a butterfly
Old 10-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Forgot to put in the question mark. So no I'm not posting lies it actually was a question. Which apparently my simple mind didn't fully comprehend that you had actually answered. Novak for example doesn't list an amp rating for thier esc's, so then what?

so sor...hey there goes a butterfly
no question mark, equals no question. i didn't forget it, and i didn't add the comment about me being nuts.

besides who asks a honest question and then calls the guy nuts in the same breath? if it was infact a genuine forgotten question mark, the comment at the end should not exist.

but.. i'll take your word for it, and skip past any intended . besides looks like everyones questions were accurately answered so we're done here.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

At the end of the day we get to the same place. You have the ability to test all these parameters, I don't. I use 20 years of racing (not some back of the pack hack either) and in the end with a higher turn BL motor, 17.5,13.5, you will see gains with a higher C rated pack to a point. That point being that neither of us see a gain going from a 40C to a 50C battery. You've tested it to be so and I've seen it on the track. Good day

edited my post BTW adding MY question mark and removing my nuts..