Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My Associated Servo Strip-O-Matic Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default My Associated Servo Strip-O-Matic Truck

I have an older T3 that stripped the gears twice in just 2 races and a few practice laps. They were the stock S3003 Futaba steering servo's but that seemed rather odd. I have the servo saver set almost as loose as it will go. I have ordered a Metal Gear Servo thinking that might solve the problem. Is it uncommon to strip the steering servo so often "no major crashes as I remember" and are the metal gear type a common upgrade ??
Thanks
Old 06-29-2004, 12:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stock servos are easy to strip in trucks. Other than that, get a metal gear servo, and stop hanging up on pipes
Old 06-29-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

I've run both plastic geared and metal geared servos in my mugen mst-1 and never hand any problems
Old 06-29-2004, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

It was actually a very common thing for me and a buddy of mine to stip out servo gears in our old T3's. We figured that dirt was getting in between the servo saver tube and the plastic servo arm pieces that slide on that tube making it all jam up. I tried to drill out the plastis servo arm before sliding it on the tube, and polishing the tube, but nothing worked. Dirt would just get in there and bind it all up. the only solution is to get a metal geared servo and be done with replacing servos.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

The T3 rtr came with a kick @$$ servo, so I've had no problems... Still running it in my XXXT
Old 06-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Ive used the hitec HS-605 and now the airtronics 94357 for the steering servo in my truck and both held up. Both are very durable. I'd highly recomend the 94357 to anyone if your willing to spend around $100.
Old 07-01-2004, 12:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the Responces.... The first 2 servo's to strip out were the basic Futaba S-3003's then a Airtronics version I picked up at the local track shop. I think I will take your advise on the metal gear as I see them for under $40
Thanks