Wiki Posts
Search

50c 2's lipo's

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
Not an exact relationship, but in general there tends to be a fairly direct connection between internal resistance and C rating. High C rated packs inherently must have low internal resistance. Other wise a high internal resistance would cause the battery to burn up at the high discharge rates.

That’s why packs higher than 20C do in fact make even a 17.5 accelerate better, they maintain a higher Voltage under load, even a moderate load well below the maximum current capability. Very easy to demonstrate either on track or with bench testing, as many have noted. Whether or not it is significant to each is a personal decision of course.

Be aware that battery care and use impacts internal resistance. Storing fully charged or at high temperatures will tend to increase internal resistance. If I remember correctly high levels of discharge also impacts IR.
100% correct and that's why I use my 20C on a slick
track with my 17.5 and I spin out all over the place
with my 40C on a slick track with my 17.5...

Of course the Tekin with turbo boost has something to
do with it also...
Old 09-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Champion

One clarification-correction: I should have used something like ‘actual C capability’ instead of ‘C rating’.

No question that some vendors ratings are more accurate than others.