Wiki Posts
Search

AE B44 vs Durango DEX410

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The kit stock B44 is so good there won't be much changed in the B44.1

Motor mount, rear hubs, new shocks and probably a lipo chassis without the cutouts. Maybe they will include the rear sway bar also.

I asked Jason Rouna about the B44 when it first came out. His comment to me was add a rear sway bar, run the box stock setup and drive it like you stole it. Your not gonna get a better handling 4whl mod.

His design with the BJ4 has spawned them all to copy that geometry.

The car works awesome in stock form. I love mine. It's close to 3 years old and I've never replaced a bearing in it. Hell I've never broke a shock shaft. Plenty of front arms thou and one or 2 rears. Pretty good track record for a car I beat the living &*^% out of.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by rdeppen
The kit stock B44 is so good there won't be much changed in the B44.1

I asked Jason Rouna about the B44 when it first came out. His comment to me was add a rear sway bar, run the box stock setup and drive it like you stole it. Your not gonna get a better handling 4whl mod.
I drove a kit B44 the other day for the first time in 2 years after trying out many cars in that time, and found the B44 to be very twitchy and nervous. I can imagine adding a rear roll bar as you suggested would make it even worse!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

just soften up the rear end and she will be golden (Durango)

All B44's I have driven have always been on edge. Not bad cars, but takes more... thought...to drive.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The best one is B44 with Durango diffs
Old 10-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bugle
Meh... Durango is a tank. That is enough for me...
Old 10-02-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ghost rider
I have a b44 & raced for 2years,my tracks i race on have big jumps & its hard to land down ramps all the time.so i land the car on the flats,. like alot of the other drivers do to.
but i brake alot of front arms & shock shafts & some time diff gears.i run mod & iam set up with parts BUT???????
IF i changed to a durango it will cost easily around $1000 bucks to setup the same as my b44 package.
WOULD IT BE WORTH CHANGING ?
any advise
thanks
You dont crash and hit things the B44 usually doesnt break.

I have not broke a part on it in forever.

Yes the Durango I heard was stronger.
If your tired of driving the B44 and want to change cars, no harm in trying the Rango.

But I bet my 501x WCE is just as strong as those durango cars.
Indoors however, I like to run a belt-drive car.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

yeah I almost got a durango, but I really dont wreck too much and the price really pushed me away. I think if I bought one I would probably just drive stupid thinking it was undestructable and actually break stuff on it.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bugle

I Think this is what you are looking for .

http://www.rc4ever.com/joomla/index....&Itemid=36

I also had two B44, one for my son and the other one is for myself. I sold it and will ge getting the 410 specs, price wise, its a bit expensive. parts wise its stronger the B44, but hey. if you practice more and develope your drving skills. then less parts breakage right????..... as for me, my son (6 years old) will be using the 410 specs and i would prefer marshalling him than spending time fixing the car anyway that is just for me, it does not applies to all peeps and tracks here. If you hit a lot of PVC pipes then get a T-Bone racing bumpers, when i got it for my son all my shock piston and arms spare were not used anymore. Great product though and tough. if you break it, just show it to them then they will send in a new one , no questions asked.

Moral lesson is, pratice practice....at the end of the day, the one who is more expreience and good in driving wins regardless of what car he/she is driving.

BTW im more into 2wd cars, i have a RC10 Gold Tub . so its just a matter of preference.... all new cars of today are good. its just the one driving it that spells the difference in the end.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I have had both cars. Both are fast, nimble.

Both cars are not exactly fragile, but I do believe the DEX410r is tougher once you replace the hinge pin holders. The CVD's were changed to a 2mm pin. Mine need be changed now, but I have about 8 races on them.

Rough track handling and stability, I would go with the DEX410R hands down.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I've always been an AE man since the first RC10. I've had a B44 since they came out. Great buggy but I was so tired of rebuilding diffs. I bought a 410R and added all 4 hinge pin holders (60-70 bucks) and the car is awesome. This weekend I hit head on with a RC8Be twice in the same practice session and drove away with out a broken shock or arm. I've had 1 crown gear and 1 servo saver break, out of 30-40 battery pack runs. But it is by far the easiest car to drive and work on. The car goes where you point it to go. And I've been doing this for 27 years now. Well worth trying. Turns like no other 4wd out there. That's my 2 cents worth.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I know this is an old thread but just to add to the topic...I've owned many, many 4wd's. The durango, as mentioned earlier, just knows what to do. You don't have to dance on edge wjile driving to prevent mistakes because even if you make one its easily corrwected with this car. So much grip too, sometimes I don't even know where it comes from.

The durability once the front susp. Pin holder is changed is amazing. I never had any problems with servo savers, ball ends ...nothing!

And the maintenance, omg its like so easy to work on. No more hours rebuilding ball diffs and setting them etc. That's for the birds. 4 screws, diff pops out. 3 screws diff case...4 screws for crown gear...refill oil...repeat. Done. And the spur/slipper? 1 pin...cmon lol.
For those of u having the pins pop out of the driveshafts, I dunno wtf is going on...ever heard of red locktite? They will never move again! And shimming the diffs isn't required. If ur stripping crown gears, u mustve hit something REAL hard dead on with throttle still engaged and same with rear. But this is a rare occasion.

OH...kyosho o-rings in the diffs is a btter seal. And ur off.
Parts broken to date...0.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have owned a few 4WD Buggies over the years; - Losi XX-4 WCE, Losi XXX-4, Losi XXX-4 G+, Jconcepts BJ4, AE B44 (I sold before I even ran it only due to 1/8 brushless buggies starting out) and sold 1/8 to get a DEX410. I've yet to run the DEX410 but will hopefully by next weekend (waiting on parts). I found the BJ4 to be pretty strong (compaired to the Losi's) and could take more of a beating but perfered the feel of the XX-4 WCE overall. I run on a 1/8 track and if the Losi clipped anything it will usually snap something.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toyota 2jz
i just ran the supercup with jr mitch/rona/eckert and all the big dogs!!
all the wmae guys had the punisher body and it loiked sick!! and personally i hate the b44 and durango with a passion!! get a yokomo/kyosho/tamiya!!

best cars out to this date!! the new tq car is a straight rip off of the yokomo though!!
If you knew any thing about Tq racing you would know that they did not copy yokomo. Put the pipe down and do some reading before you think you know somthing.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I've never owned a B44. I do own a DEX410R. I can tell you that the reason I bought it is because of the design, durability, and ease of maintenance. These 4wd buggies seem to be modeled close to the 8th scale buggy platform where the B44 seems to me modeled from the on-road side of things.

I know 4wd requires a stricter build and maintenance program. It's very important to me to be able to completely run through it in a half-day. I'd need a dedicated weekend to take care of the B44 well. Simple as that. In the performance department either one is very capable on any track with the right guy on the wheel.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think to that some people see the price of the DEX410 and think that parts are going to be expensive. They are actually pretty cheap and cheaper than most out there - http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...Durango-DEX410

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.