Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
AE B44 vs Durango DEX410 >

AE B44 vs Durango DEX410

AE B44 vs Durango DEX410

Old 09-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Great info! Does it feel closer to 8th than the B44?
Old 09-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by makaluch View Post
Great info! Does it feel closer to 8th than the B44?
In my opinion, it feels more like a 1/8th scale electric buggy, but scaled down and not as heavy on landings.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Nice! 8th e-buggy is a super-fun class to drive. Sounds like the transition between these classes should be pretty painless if I go with the Durango.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

durango all the way
Old 09-30-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Had a B44 and didn't like it. I was too scared to push it due to the fragile frot end

With my Rango, I am SOOoo much faster. The car inspires confidence. If you have the aluminum front arm mount, the car is bombproof. So, that is one less thing to worry about. The far just won't break!' I have hit many pipes and walls that would have rendered any 4wheel useless, and I just kept on driving

The car carries more cornerspeed than anything I have err see. On power, off power, it goes where YOU tell it. It also jumps asgood as an 8th scale. Maybe that's because it is one...in 10th form

And one last thing? Parts are cheap very. Cheap

As my friend would say, you have to stay on top of the car (b44) and think about it. The Durango just...does.

Works for me!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dont let the metal chassis of the durango fool you. While it's a brilliant piece of kit it has it's draws backs. While the arms might be tougher then the B44 the drive line has a tendency to fail. The weak point is the CVD couplers. They require a steady diet of pin replacement.

If your worried about a B44 having a fragile front end heres a pro tip. SUCK LESS and hit fewer things

Serioulsy with the high end Lipo and Brushless motors in these little cars that are capable of 1/8th buggy speeds on a smooth track it's no wonder they shear parts off on impact. My home track is a LARGE 1/8th layout and we race 4whl mod regularly on it. We have 2 20' plus Big doubles. The B44 takes it in stride as long as you land on all 4. I've seen a few Durango's not finish mains before.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rdeppen View Post

If your worried about a B44 having a fragile front end heres a pro tip. SUCK LESS and hit fewer things
so true, hahahaha.....only time I broke a shock shaft or a front arm was when "I" hit something, other then that, the b44 was a very good car for my first yr. of 1/10 indoor.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

they fixed the pin issue on the durangos...they now use a 2mm pin instead of a 1.5mm pin...2010 spec and the r have these cvds on the car...that's the only problem i've heard about on the durango...still need to run my durango....i may upgrade all my cvds later
Old 09-30-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 203 (100%+)

hinge pin holders need swapped, ballcups/studs need swapped, rear ring/pinion issues, the car is nowhere near perfect, 1 seasoned racer has already given up on his and we have'nt even got started.............good car, but like everything mechanical, it has it's quirks....
Old 09-30-2010, 08:52 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
hinge pin holders need swapped, ballcups/studs need swapped, rear ring/pinion issues, the car is nowhere near perfect, 1 seasoned racer has already given up on his and we have'nt even got started.............good car, but like everything mechanical, it has it's quirks....
The 410 or the 410R? There shouldn't be any rear ring/pinion issues if it's shimmed properly, but I have the 410, not the R. I only broke a servo saver first time out, otherwise it seems pretty bulletproof.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Everything breaks that's for sure and if you crash on continuous basis and won't maintain your car you'll break even more. Fact is that the driveline pin issues have been addressed, many racers change ball cups and studs on other cars like AE, Tamiya, LOSI so you can do that as well on Durango but again it's not needed etc. Only real "issue" if you want to call it like that is the plastic front hingepin holders of the R model. They are a bit fragile but again it's the same thing as B44 front end, if you crash you'll break. If you change the holders to alu then the car holds even you suck yourself so it's not the car's fault.

All in all DEX is probably the most bullet proof 1/10 scale car out there. It can take a lot of abuse when compared to any main stream car but again it's not unbreakable as nothing is. It's a strong contender and when people start to realize it can make the mid pack drivers shine they start to be scared and badmouth the product + there is always these internet/forum clown who have no clue but they know everything since they have red it somewhere. Car is good, it's not the best for everyone as people prefer different things but it's fast
Old 09-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The 410 or the 410R? There shouldn't be any rear ring/pinion issues if it's shimmed properly, but I have the 410, not the R. I only broke a servo saver first time out, otherwise it seems pretty bulletproof.
Same here. I servo saver on my 410 and thats been it. It has been the most durable car and VERY nice to work on. I would go as far to say I even like working on it.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

The 410r isn't as bullet proof as a lot of you think. I've had nothing but issues with it so far. I've changed the hingepin holders, the rods/ends and ive broken a few servo savers. I found that my servo saver was self-loosening causing it to self destruct. I'm finnaly to a point where I think I'll be able to finish a race.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aradaiel View Post
The 410r isn't as bullet proof as a lot of you think. I've had nothing but issues with it so far. I've changed the hingepin holders, the rods/ends and ive broken a few servo savers. I found that my servo saver was self-loosening causing it to self destruct. I'm finnaly to a point where I think I'll be able to finish a race.
\
You must not have put threadlock on the servo saver nut... like the instructions say.

I have had no issues. I got stuck in the 8th electric class and took 3rd.. and a hell of a beating... and finished every race and qualifier.

This car is bulletproof, if you build it right and add the arm mounts.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

I'm sold!

Last edited by makaluch; 09-30-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service