Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WORST Electric Off-Road RC... ever

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'd say the Traxxas Wildcat. One of only 2 vehicles I've ever heard of being recalled (the other being the XTM Bullet) - you don't see many of these buggies, or any info on them, but they're out there. Traxxas won't give you any info if you ask for it, but the vehicles are indeed out there. Here's the cover of the instruction manual:

Old 09-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Initiate

I'd have to go with a ready to run RC10 T4 I bought back in 2006. I raced on an indoor road-course with jumps, and if I barely tagged a board, some plastic part would always snap. The plastic was just a poor quality. I will say that I've won a lot of races with this truck, it's just that I've spent a fortune on spare parts.

Last edited by FeedThAddiction; 09-25-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The Nitro TC3 every race if you just scrubed a board the diff case and shock tower are cracked or smashed.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Strike, followed very closely by little brother High Roller.

The one weakness of a racing company has to be when they try to compete with a proven basher. I think the Stampede's thoroughly cemented its position as the best budget basher on the market: It sells for peanuts, you can fix anything on it with a hammer and some duct tape, and little kids take them on tours through hell all the time and they bounce right back
Old 09-25-2010, 02:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Another vote for the Strike. Or is that, against it? Whatever, it sucks. A friend of mine and his brother both had one each, and for some reason that none of us could figure out, one truck's rear end would be so loose that it was nearly impossible to steer without spinning out. The other one, though, held a line just fine. Combine that unpredictability with the fact that it's too wide for ROAR racing, it looks awful (IMO), and is quite poorly designed (also IMO), and you've got a recipe for one big POS truck.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Losi HIGHRoller which became the Strike. Any new 1/10 scale vehicle form losi is the worst. (I hear their crawlers are good)
Old 09-25-2010, 03:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
I'd say the Traxxas Wildcat. One of only 2 vehicles I've ever heard of being recalled (the other being the XTM Bullet) -

What were they recalled for?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If I remember right, I think it had something to do with the quality of the plastics used in the kit. It's been years since I've even heard a discussion on the vehicle since so few people knew about it. I've seen one or two on ebay in the past 10 years but that's it. I'd say there's less than 1000 of them out there since they were pulled from shelves shortly after release.

The Stike does indeed stink too - even our local factory Losi drivers have given up on it.

I had assumed that this thread was based on brand names. Obviously all of the Chinese knoock-off brands (Acme, Himoto, and the older Redcat stuff) are by far the worst overall.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As popular and indestructible as they are, The Traxxas Slash, without a doubt is the worse RC vehicle I have ever owned or driven.

It never broke, I won some races and has caused me to spend literally THOUSANDS of dollars over the last couple of years on better equipment since the stupid, possessed thing got me back into RC cars...
Old 09-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

the losi high roler is a piece of crap evry time it flipps it brackes
Old 09-25-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

the hpi mt2. That thing was a joke, it broke the arms all the time the motor was a pain to tune. If you upgraded to the aluminum it was solid but heavy as a tank. very poor quality in my opinion.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by carcrusher46
I'd say the Traxxas Wildcat. One of only 2 vehicles I've ever heard of being recalled (the other being the XTM Bullet) - you don't see many of these buggies, or any info on them, but they're out there. Traxxas won't give you any info if you ask for it, but the vehicles are indeed out there. Here's the cover of the instruction manual:
Good one carcrusher46! I mean, if Traxxas won't even acknowledge ever making this car, it must really suck. Even its mother doesn't like it! I give it extra suck points for being pretty much a straight up copy (superficially anyway) of a Tamiya Hotshot. Nothing against the Hotshot, but no respect given to the Wildcat for copying its looks from another car.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tamiya Striker

Tamiya Striker - Worst car and worst commercial. Front of the chassis snapped in half if you thought about putting a battery in it. We had ours patched together with an aluminum plate sandwich similar to STRC's LCG Slash chassis conversion. The Striker was the first thing I thought of when I saw the STRC kit.

Dig the theme music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXrdCYWkepY
Old 09-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I would say the rc10 B2. that car was just a pile compared to the way the RC10 worlds car handled.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by srsauber
Tamiya Striker - Worst car and worst commercial. Front of the chassis snapped in half if you thought about putting a battery in it. We had ours patched together with an aluminum plate sandwich similar to STRC's LCG Slash chassis conversion. The Striker was the first thing I thought of when I saw the STRC kit.

Dig the theme music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXrdCYWkepY
I thought an episode of The Love Boat was coming on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.