Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree48Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just got a Hyper 10TT yesterday ay my LHS. I have a small track in my backyard that I made to run my Slash 4X4 on. The Slash is the only RC car i've driven and it jumps really well, level every time. The Hyper wants to nose dive almost every time I jump with it. Can anyone give some advise on what to do to the truck to make it jump more level?
Old 06-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Tech Champion

What tires do you use on the Hyper TT for:

- racing on clay?
- bashing?
- racing on astro turf?

Does it need any upgrade?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2011, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
What tires do you use on the Hyper TT for:

- racing on clay?
- bashing?
- racing on astro turf?

Does it need any upgrade?

Thanks
I run 2.8 PL trenchers bashin in the neighborhood, I havent raced it yet, but the stocks feel like they hook up ok in dirt. No upgrades yet! Trucks tuff!
Old 06-12-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
I just got a Hyper 10TT yesterday ay my LHS. I have a small track in my backyard that I made to run my Slash 4X4 on. The Slash is the only RC car i've driven and it jumps really well, level every time. The Hyper wants to nose dive almost every time I jump with it. Can anyone give some advise on what to do to the truck to make it jump more level?
Keep on the gas a bit after takeoff. If anyone has managed to get their TT to fly level on every jump you'd have to copy every aspect of their setup down to exact battery weight, engine setup ect. Just learn to drive what youve got, takes practice.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Tech Rookie

You could try CML Distribution (cmldistribution.co.uk) as they maybe able to help you.

Originally Posted by Pulse_
Does any one know where is the place in Europe I can find it for the best price?
Old 06-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mxr300ex
That's a common issue with this rig, I solved it by installing a Tekin SC4x 4.5T. The additional weight balanced it out better for me. I recommend if you are running a 540 can, make sure your battery tray is toward the rear and your battery sits in the battery hold pushed towards the back. That should balance out things for you.

Also, learn to tap on the throttle just enought to get the nose up when hitting jumps.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

For all you guys asking about diff oil, download this document and read the diff section. Actually worth reading the whole lot its very interesting!

Tons of info - the document gives a lot of insight on how changes will affect your car.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4461

Cheers Matt
Old 06-14-2011, 07:25 AM

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just got my Hyper 10tt last week, body has been painted, diff fluid switched, threadlock on some parts... Novak 550 system arriving this week, as long as a savox servo...I can't wit to get this bad boy up and Runnung!!!! Pics to come...
Old 06-16-2011, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by goatsblood666
Just got my Hyper 10tt last week, body has been painted, diff fluid switched, threadlock on some parts... Novak 550 system arriving this week, as long as a savox servo...I can't wit to get this bad boy up and Runnung!!!! Pics to come...
Congrats on your purchase. This rig is alot of fun.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

I will also post some pics of mine.I have a Novak 550 too.(Hyper Mini STe to Hyper 10TT conversion!!!)
Old 06-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is this CNC Aluminum Steering Bellcrank for Jammin SCRT10 good or is it needed do any transform? for Hyper 10tt

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Car-Hop-Up...duct_info.html

thanks
Old 06-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

its works good i have it on my tt
Old 06-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Finally switched to a MMP (from the Sidewinder SCT) with the SCT 3800kv motor and it's a great combo. I've filled the diffs with 5-7-2 and it's geared at 18/42 (for bashing) and it's so smooth. I love this truck, can't wait to try it on 3S.

Out of interest, has any one switched out the standard shocks to something else, not that they need replacing?
Old 06-17-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Im really disapointed in my Favorite RC now. The center diff has been leaking like crazy since I got it. Its been leaking since preassembled by the factory. Ive tried to rebuild it 10 freakin times! I finally broke down and ordered a new housing and gasket. Well Im waiting fot it I managed to get the leaking to a minmum and was running it and dont ask me how But the hinge pin at the top left a arm just fell out! The pin and bushings all just fell out somewhere somehow. I was just runnin in the yard a noticed the wheel was wobbling. Nothing loose. broke or stripped. Completely confused and angry now as its gonna cost me like $15-$20 now for a whole new hp set and bushings! Anyone dealing with either of this?
Old 06-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCaddict0
Im really disapointed in my Favorite RC now. The center diff has been leaking like crazy since I got it. Its been leaking since preassembled by the factory. Ive tried to rebuild it 10 freakin times! I finally broke down and ordered a new housing and gasket. Well Im waiting fot it I managed to get the leaking to a minmum and was running it and dont ask me how But the hinge pin at the top left a arm just fell out! The pin and bushings all just fell out somewhere somehow. I was just runnin in the yard a noticed the wheel was wobbling. Nothing loose. broke or stripped. Completely confused and angry now as its gonna cost me like $15-$20 now for a whole new hp set and bushings! Anyone dealing with either of this?
Ive had all of that happen shortly after getting it. Take a close look at your front upper plate(assuming its still the plastic one) its most likely cracked or broken, thats why you lost your hinge pin. Get an aluminum one from Nitrohouse or other site. When you get that new housing and gasket dont overtighten them, and Id suggest using a sealant. I used an automotive pcv gasket sealant, you dont need a lot. You may be able to get a sample of it for free at the autoparts store. And im pretty sure you bent an axle. I actually snapped a couple right where the pin goes through. Youll prob also break your wing mount, front hub carriers and rear chassis brace. Good times all around!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.