Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread > Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread
Like Tree20Likes

Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread


Old 12-05-2010, 04:41 PM
  #1066  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
justbeastit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 54
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HyperTT View Post
Found a link to do this in the Hyper 10SC forum, anyone tried it yet? I just bought the parts in aluminum from strc, hoping it works out well. I'll probably try and mount the drag link on the bottom like we're doing with the Ray Rabe mod right now.
I have the STRC jammin parts on my hyper 10sc with the bearings and it is silky smooth and not to mention bullet proof. This is definitely on my list of upgrades for my TT. My STRC kit comes with 2 upper servo saver pieces. One looks to be a lot thicker than the other. I know the "tips" thread on rcshortcourse says not to use the Jammin upper half but mine has worked well with the thicker strc aluminum upper arm (the one that goes directly to the servo). Hope this helps.
justbeastit is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
  #1067  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (19)
 
ambryatim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Corinth, TX
Posts: 245
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by HyperTT View Post
Found a link to do this in the Hyper 10SC forum, anyone tried it yet? I just bought the parts in aluminum from strc, hoping it works out well. I'll probably try and mount the drag link on the bottom like we're doing with the Ray Rabe mod right now.

EDIT: Apparently I can't even post links to other rctech threads, but it should be post 3829 in the Hyper10SC forum.
Here is the link for you.
ambryatim is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:10 PM
  #1068  
Tech Rookie
 
offplane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: olympia Wa.
Posts: 12
Default sweet!

ran it at the track today, and it is easy to drive! no bad habits that bug me. my older ss5800 gave up but it was on its way out i think. i'll ordered some pinions, so i can try my 6.5 again. also thinking 4.5 550 mnight be a good choice?
offplane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:27 PM
  #1069  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: RC Nutcase
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

For those of you still on the fence about these things, all I can say is dont wait, go buy one. I finally got to use mine for the first time today and all I can say is WOW. Such a fun truck to drive.... and they handle like they are on rails especially if you are used to short course recently.

I ran the Sidewinder SCT system in it and its got all the power it needed. I was running the box stock suspension/diff setup just with Caliber tires which are the hot ticket at this track. I ran the truck today on a track that is about 125 feet wide and 70 feet deep so its pretty big. The truck is also durable. I head-on'ed an 1/8 buggy at the end of the straight (he was parked) and the hyper was fine. The only thing that happened all day was I did pop a ball cup off of the spindle so I will be doing the captured pin mod here soon. Anyways, if youre on the fence, dont wait... go buy one!
Fleshgearf150 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:23 AM
  #1070  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (36)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 3,022
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

I ran mine yesterday, two 5 min heats and a 6 min main. Despite how tight and crunchy the pinion to crown mesh is, I didn't notice any ill effects. I'll hafta to a tear down during the week though, I can't stand this and hafta see if I can find a way to make em work together more nicely.
NitroOB4You is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:52 AM
  #1071  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Slash65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kent, WA
Posts: 316
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fleshgearf150 View Post
For those of you still on the fence about these things, all I can say is dont wait, go buy one. I finally got to use mine for the first time today and all I can say is WOW. Such a fun truck to drive.... and they handle like they are on rails especially if you are used to short course recently.

I ran the Sidewinder SCT system in it and its got all the power it needed. I was running the box stock suspension/diff setup just with Caliber tires which are the hot ticket at this track. I ran the truck today on a track that is about 125 feet wide and 70 feet deep so its pretty big. The truck is also durable. I head-on'ed an 1/8 buggy at the end of the straight (he was parked) and the hyper was fine. The only thing that happened all day was I did pop a ball cup off of the spindle so I will be doing the captured pin mod here soon. Anyways, if youre on the fence, dont wait... go buy one!
The only thing holding me back is what is in the wallet
Slash65 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:01 PM
  #1072  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
G33Kster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Can someone tell me the metric dimensions of the battery tray? I wanna see if I can fit a 2x2S packs in there before I buy the kit
G33Kster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:16 PM
  #1073  
Tech Rookie
 
offplane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: olympia Wa.
Posts: 12
Thumbs up yo!

well i smoked my poor ss 5800 but i got a novak balistic 5.5 and a 15 tooth, it barely gets warm. no track test untill this weekend, but i can tell you the 550 is the way to go. they also have a bigger front bearing and a 5mm shaft, so you can use 1/8 scale pinions!
offplane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:00 PM
  #1074  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (44)
 
majorsmx521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default saddle packs work great

Originally Posted by G33Kster View Post
Can someone tell me the metric dimensions of the battery tray? I wanna see if I can fit a 2x2S packs in there before I buy the kit
ran mine last weekend saddle packs work fine
packs are 28mm tall and there is room to spare
majorsmx521 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:03 PM
  #1075  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
G33Kster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by majorsmx521 View Post
ran mine last weekend saddle packs work fine
I was actually referring to two hardcase 5000mAh stick packs for some crazy 4S setup, but I'll keep that in mind as well. I can make a custom LiPo tray if I need to. Do you mind taking the dimensions for me?
G33Kster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:06 PM
  #1076  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (48)
 
carcrazy699's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,493
Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Default

2 2s lipos wont fit in the case. i tryed doing that and you would have to cut one side of the tray off for them to fit
carcrazy699 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:08 PM
  #1077  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (11)
 
G33Kster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 840
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
2 2s lipos wont fit in the case. i tryed doing that and you would have to cut one side of the tray off for them to fit
Ok, I wouldn't mind doing that either, could probably do it on the inside wall and then put a velcro strap across. Dimensions please? L x W x H if possible
G33Kster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:08 PM
  #1078  
Tech Rookie
 
offplane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: olympia Wa.
Posts: 12
Default specks

148mm*34mm
offplane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:10 PM
  #1079  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (44)
 
majorsmx521's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 306
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by G33Kster View Post
I was actually referring to two hardcase 5000mAh stick packs for some crazy 4S setup, but I'll keep that in mind as well. I can make a custom LiPo tray if I need to. Do you mind taking the dimensions for me?
its 34.5 mm inside dia with half an inch to spare length wise with standard stick pack
majorsmx521 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:11 PM
  #1080  
Tech Rookie
 
offplane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: olympia Wa.
Posts: 12
Default

as a side note i cut the tray so i could lay my 5000 pack flat. you could do the same and stilll have 1/3 of the second battery on the tray?
Attached Thumbnails Hyper TT 4wd 1/10th Truggy Thread-2010-12-01-21.43.08.jpg  
offplane is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service