R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree11Likes

Old 11-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #991
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Yes, def, sunday is a go!!!! I can't make friday, going to be coming back from Atlantic City.....

Barry "Barely" Goodwin's worst nightmare.....
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:15 PM   #992
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Rabe View Post
This is the only problem with the steering mod i came up with. You will have more throw to the right than to the left. In order to fix this adjust your turnbuckles first so you have 1 to 2 degrees of toe out, and make sure both turnbuckles are the same length. Next dremel the side of the ball cup where it hits the bottom servo saver and grind down the servo saver post as well. You could also try different ball cups like losi or associated which are alittle thinner. I personally have not grinded anything on my TT since i had it. I felt it had more than enough steering after the rack change. But if you want some more steering try 2,7,1 for diffs, and TAKE OFF FRONT SWAY BAR. That makes the biggest difference. I also went to a losi blue rear spring moved all the way out on tower and in on arm. That helped as far as jumping and turning. Othar than that you can actually adjust the length of the "rack" to adjust ackerman. Just keep playing with it, it takes time on new cars to get a "dialed" setup, and everyones gonna have their own opinions on what works "best". Hope this somewhat helped, Best of luck to ya man.

Ray Rabe
Thankyou I'm sure it will help.
jaybird95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:23 PM   #993
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

The upgrade steering wire that Nitro House is selling does that also come with new collits or do you use the one's that are currently on the thinner wire?

Thanks Rob
Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #994
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboy View Post
The upgrade steering wire that Nitro House is selling does that also come with new collits or do you use the one's that are currently on the thinner wire?

Thanks Rob
use the old one
Old 11-30-2010, 08:37 PM   #995
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
If not mistaken that was the first quali, I took TQ, the 2nd quali beat my TQ and then won the main, so it was a pretty good night!!!
It is the first qualifier.

Last edited by Justin B; 11-30-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Justin B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #996
Tech Rookie

Default sup ya'lls

i just got mine today! i took off a stock wheel and the HPI 2196 MT wheels are the same as the stock offset, which is 15mm from the outside of the wheel hex to the rim edge. i'm gona run a GTB with a 6.5 and see what happens. i got the ball bearings for the steering, and will give ray's link a try!
offplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #997
Tech Initiate

Default Hello all.

Hello everyone, first post. Just bought my TT last week haven't even run it yet. Done a couple of different things to it already. Replaced the rear dogbones, aluminum hop-ups, etc. New to electrics and was wondering how much drag should be in the drive train. I already swapped to the delrin spur from STRC but it still seems like there's some noticable drag once per revolution of the spur gear. I can also visibly see it's slightly warped and/or out of true by a small margin. Is this ok? What's the proper fix? Should I keep cranking on those little screws? I'm afraid I'll strip it.

Thanks - Derrick
HyperTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:55 AM   #998
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offplane View Post
i just got mine today! i took off a stock wheel and the HPI 2196 MT wheels are the same as the stock offset, which is 15mm from the outside of the wheel hex to the rim edge. i'm gona run a GTB with a 6.5 and see what happens. i got the ball bearings for the steering, and will give ray's link a try!

THANK YOU! Someone finally took the time to measure the different wheels and offer another solution that we actually know is correct!

Now the suck part... THEY DON'T HAVE THEM IN FLUORESCENT YELLOW! [email protected][email protected]$!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:30 AM   #999
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrz93 View Post
lol isn't that funnt bbq...n he from washington lol
marshon cruzin could bring u one to the track cancel that backorder n steve can bring one to you!!!!
Thanks but too late....backorders hit the cc as soon as they become available.

Does Cruzin have either the updated Delrin spur gear or the metal one BBQ mentioned? How bout the blue springs everyone is talking about? And the steering mod parts? If so I'd definitely pick up those from them at the Barn Friday.....I don't have any parts for the TT. I did order some JConcepts Goosebumps, tires and inserts only. So if Cruzin has the stock wheels I'd be interested in those as well.....LMK.
Hobbymasters, Red Bank, NJ
Venom Group
marshon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:34 AM   #1000
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshon50 View Post

Does Cruzin have either the updated Delrin spur gear or the metal one BBQ mentioned? How bout the blue springs everyone is talking about? And the steering mod parts? If so I'd definitely pick up those from them at the Barn Friday.....I don't have any parts for the TT. I did order some JConcepts Goosebumps, tires and inserts only. So if Cruzin has the stock wheels I'd be interested in those as well.....LMK.
Cruzin just got a crap load of parts for the TT, give them a call they should have them, and plus you can get some spare parts that always are needed, as far as the steering mod, I'll give you mine, not going to install it....

Old 12-01-2010, 06:38 AM   #1001
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
Cruzin just got a crap load of parts for the TT, give them a call they should have them, and plus you can get some spare parts that always are needed, as far as the steering mod, I'll give you mine, not going to install it....
Thanks BBQ! So for those who've had the truck for a while, what have you broken and what parts should I get....???
Hobbymasters, Red Bank, NJ
Venom Group
marshon50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:43 AM   #1002
Tech Elite

Quote:
Thanks BBQ! So for those who've had the truck for a while, what have you broken and what parts should I get....???
Replace the rear dog bones with the front CVD, front arms top and bottom are good spares, and some front hubs a must.....

Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 AM   #1003
Tech Regular

What are most of you running for motors 540 or 550?
Applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:28 AM   #1004
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:

Marshon your a barney cruizin got u covered spare parts wheels steering mod stuff springs just give me a buzz at shop 201-445-8080 and I will make you a care package for friday... Stevey charles out
Old 12-01-2010, 07:28 AM   #1005
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
What are most of you running for motors 540 or 550?
I believe either one fits, if not mistaken the one I'm running with the Castle System is a 540......