Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

pics ?
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:52 AM   #662
Tech Rookie

Default Any classes building?

Man, I can't wait to pick one of these up. Been eyeballing this for way to long. Just got pushed to top of the wish list. Have any classes been building for these? Is the only comp. out there E-converted ten-t's?
-Axial SCX10
HoldemRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #663
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Speed Control

Ok...I have a delima...I want to get a Speed Passion Gt2.0 Pro...but it seems everyone is out of them and I cannot get a soild answer to when they will arrive, Amain has had them on back order for 2 months now and they have the best price.

So, I need/want a speed control but, I dont want to wait for 2 months or who knows how long....the Tekin RS/Pro is not an option...the RS might be, but I can get the MMP from Tower Hobbies for 107.00 shipped. But, I am not sure if this would be as good as the Speed Passion. What would some of you do??? Oh and Tower also has the 3 pay so a little easier on the wallet.
ambryatim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #664
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambryatim View Post
Ok...I have a delima...I want to get a Speed Passion Gt2.0 Pro...but it seems everyone is out of them and I cannot get a soild answer to when they will arrive, Amain has had them on back order for 2 months now and they have the best price.

So, I need/want a speed control but, I dont want to wait for 2 months or who knows how long....the Tekin RS/Pro is not an option...the RS might be, but I can get the MMP from Tower Hobbies for 107.00 shipped. But, I am not sure if this would be as good as the Speed Passion. What would some of you do??? Oh and Tower also has the 3 pay so a little easier on the wallet.
i would get the tekin over the mmp anyday. the tekin is very tuneable and is a good esc. if you dont need all the features from a tekin then look into buying a used lrp sxx comp or tc.
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #665
Tech Adept

I will look into those...I don't see running more than 2 or 3S....Thanks...anyone else?
Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #666
Tech Adept

I found a Sphere TC for cheap....No SXX TC though....what is the difference between those two??
Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #667
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambryatim View Post
I found a Sphere TC for cheap....No SXX TC though....what is the difference between those two??
i beleve the sphere doesnt have the pre-programed profiles that the sxx has. if your going to be running mod i would go for the sxx comp or tc.

here is the link to the comp

http://www.teamassociated.com/lrp/pa...ails/LRP80900/

and here is the sphere

http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...gital/details/
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:44 AM   #668
Tech Adept

I would not opt for a mmpro due to size, a sxx or tekin or even novak will fit better, there is no abundance of space in the tt.
hoousi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #669
Tech Initiate

I run the regular Tekin RS non pro with a fan which comes off at about 130 in a 15 min run..
Old 11-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #670
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Rabe View Post
I run the regular Tekin RS non pro with a fan which comes off at about 130 in a 15 min run..
How did you mount the fan??
Old 11-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #671
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody01 View Post
Got mine today. Damn these things are small. I guess I've been 1/8 for too long. I did differant ESC position than I've seen so far. Not much mounting room and I don't want to mount high. All the wires are clearing so theorietically it should work. I can't believe so many guys running 550s in these. I opened the box and was like damn my wife's mini revo is almost this big. Paint comes tomarrow.
With the way you have the ESC mounted, I would be interested to know the temps after running it in that configuration.
Dynamite 6.5T
Slash65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #672
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slash65 View Post
With the way you have the ESC mounted, I would be interested to know the temps after running it in that configuration.
6 minute heats+geared low+2s=OK. If I was geared high and running for 15 minutes then I might have something to worry about. Most the heat on the VXL esc comes off the top not the bottom.
Cody01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #673
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default She turns like a freaking dump truck......

Well I had my TT out for it's maiden voyage, Mamba SCT performed very well, great speed and power while running very cool.

Truck jumped very well with stock shock positions and 35wt oil, it didn't bottom out or was unpredictable in the air.

Off power steering was ok, wide turns and s section on power ok, tight turns horrible, I had to slow down to a crawl for me to be able to make the turns, made the following changes, gave more that what I had from out the box, but not nearly enough to be a joy to drive:

took out front sway bar
changed location spacers from the front hinge pins to the back
changed ackerman to a longer one
added toe out
tightened the rear sway bar
dialed out most of the brake, because they were locking the tires and I would just slide straight past the apex

But she still turns like a freaking dump truck, currently running 3-5-2 diff oil, stock tires. Any help or ideas much appreciated.

Track is tight and technical with elevation changes and immediate turns upon landing the jumps........

Barry "Barely" Goodwin's worst nightmare.....
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #674
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel
But she still turns like a freaking dump truck, currently running 3-5-2 diff oil, stock tires. Any help or ideas much appreciated.

Track is tight and technical with elevation changes and immediate turns upon landing the jumps........
I'd start by changing front diff oil to 5 and see how it goes.
My TT has a ton of steering with 5-5-1 oil.

Cheers Matt
mister_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #675
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

As soon as one of these come bacik n stock somewhere I am thinking I am going to pull the trigger.

I have an extra Novak Ballistic 550 4.5t with a MMP I think I am going to throw in the TT. I run this same setup in my Hyper 10. Anyone have a set up like this or think it would be a bad idea?

Can't wait to these to come back instock somewhere....
Garage: Serpent Cobra 811be, Losi SCTE, Xray 808e, RC8T FTe Tekno v4, RC8B FTe Tekno v4, Losi 8ight T 2.0 Tekno v4, Savage Flux, Slash 4x4, Slash 4x4 Ultimate, SC10 FT, ERBE, Summit, Rustler VXL, Axial Super Honcho, Ofna Ultra GTP2e, Kyosho Inferno GT2e, HPI Flux Sprint 2, Traxxas VXL Rally, Ken Block Rally, Axial Wraith, SC8E Rockstar, Losi SCB, Arrma Raider, HPI Bullet Flux ST......Feed the addiction.
Cmjomaha is offline   Reply With Quote