R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree11Likes

Old 10-31-2010, 04:53 PM   #406
Tech Adept

When will there be the rtr version (like the one shown on the box)?
I came to think of it as a friend of mine wants to get into rc, but the costs up front from car to radio to charger easily add up to 1200$, so now he's getting the ae b4.1rtr plus charger and lipos, less than half the cost, it splits the big bill into several upgrade steps which is psychologically more agreeable, though everybody here knows how it ends
on the box they show it with a 2.4 radio, could be a usable package, anybody in the know?
hoousi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #407
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirape View Post
except the guys like me that uses top of the line electronics

each truck is 1000$ investment
lol, that's the only thing I hate about this hobby, I always want more.
That statue in my avatar is in Daniel Chapter 2. Current Vehicle- Traxxas Slash 4x4. Vehicles I've owned and ran- TA RC8BE,Two Losi mini-eights, Mugen MBX6T Tekno V4(Best truggy ever), Kyosho ST-RR, 2 Losi 8t 1.0 E-Conversions, Mini- Revo, Traxxas Revo 3.3 converted to electric, Traxxas Stampede, Losi XXXbuggy. Vehicles I owned but never got to run- Traxxas Emaxx, Caster EX 1.5r, Ofna Hyper TT, Traxxas Rustler
richracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:37 PM   #408
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirape View Post
except the guys like me that uses top of the line electronics

each truck is 1000$ investment

This is exactly why I don't save receipts for anything that I don't need to keep a receipts for warranty purposes.

I really don't want to know what I've got invested in all my cars!
Dgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #409
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Are the 1512 and 1518 (both 1800 kv) motors too much for this truck? I only ask becasue Castle has a crazy clearance sale going on and I dont want to pass it up...
I know the 1/8th buggies these are made for weigh more so these might be out of the question...

Help?
That statue in my avatar is in Daniel Chapter 2. Current Vehicle- Traxxas Slash 4x4. Vehicles I've owned and ran- TA RC8BE,Two Losi mini-eights, Mugen MBX6T Tekno V4(Best truggy ever), Kyosho ST-RR, 2 Losi 8t 1.0 E-Conversions, Mini- Revo, Traxxas Revo 3.3 converted to electric, Traxxas Stampede, Losi XXXbuggy. Vehicles I owned but never got to run- Traxxas Emaxx, Caster EX 1.5r, Ofna Hyper TT, Traxxas Rustler
richracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:11 PM   #410
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaladFork View Post
Hey SS, your TT turned out awesome! Ofna has a winner with the TT, great looking and handling little truggy. Price is right, won't kill the pocket book either.
Thanks i cant wait to run it this weekend.There are at least 5 that i know of that are suppose to run. Should be a very competative class.
slowslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:34 PM   #411
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richracer2 View Post
Are the 1512 and 1518 (both 1800 kv) motors too much for this truck? I only ask becasue Castle has a crazy clearance sale going on and I dont want to pass it up...
I know the 1/8th buggies these are made for weigh more so these might be out of the question...

Help?
You would have to run those motors on 6s for them to perform how they were made to. You can run them on 4s, they just won't run as good.

The question is, do you want to do that in this thng?
S/X Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #412
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by richracer2 View Post

Help?
I think they would be WAAY overkill for this thing. It is much lighter than a typical 4x4 SC truck, and even for those the 1/8 scale Mamba motors are a bit much. The new Castle Sidewinder SCT combo looks like it would be perfect for this thing, and I suspect even the CM36 series motors (eg 4600kv or 5700kv) that will overheat on a typical 4x4 truck would be OK on this - they're way smaller, lighter and cheaper too.
MotoWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:36 PM   #413
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoousi View Post
When will there be the rtr version (like the one shown on the box)?
I came to think of it as a friend of mine wants to get into rc, but the costs up front from car to radio to charger easily add up to 1200$, so now he's getting the ae b4.1rtr plus charger and lipos, less than half the cost, it splits the big bill into several upgrade steps which is psychologically more agreeable, though everybody here knows how it ends
on the box they show it with a 2.4 radio, could be a usable package, anybody in the know?
I saw on the nitrohouse website they have a RTR version, but it has always been on backorder since it has been listed on the site.

RTR
Dynamite 6.5T
Slash65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:18 AM   #414
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Sawyers View Post
Checking mine out I notice all kinds of play in the front steering linkage/hubs/wheels. Is this a problem for anyone yet?
check nitrohouse for the new akerman arm they have for the tt. it alows more steering and it really tightens the steering up alot. i put one on and it works awsome.

as for the hubs not much you can do to it. im waiting to aluminum ones or rpm one to come out.

also for the people that think a 540 motor is to small JT at ofna has a 550 4.5 ballistic in his and he told he that the 540 6.5 motors can pull on the straight on him. Also im running a 540 motor and my temps are around 140-145 and 130 with a fan.
carcrazy699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #415
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Even though I have one of these on the way I figured I'd throw a spin on my Hyper 10SC since I'm not doing SC class anymore. I'm doing 17mm hex conversion, 1/8 truggy tires/wheels, 550 motor, rear wing, no more bumpers, and 3s. I mocked it up and turned out to be 1 inch narrower and 1 inch shorter than my Rc8te but quite a bit lighter. Somewhere between the TT and an 1/8 truggy. I've got stuff on order for it now and will post pics when done. It just might be competitive in the 1/8 class due to the lighter weight.
Cody01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 02:45 PM   #416
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Just wondering if anyone had any part numbers for other wheel options? I think the closest thing I was able to find from searching and digging around in the local hobby shop was some HPI MT wheels but that might offset a little bit with all the adapters.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:28 PM   #417
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Are you guys using rubber gromets with your servo?

Barry "Barely" Goodwin's worst nightmare.....
Toiffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #418
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy699 View Post
check nitrohouse for the new akerman arm they have for the tt. it alows more steering and it really tightens the steering up alot. i put one on and it works awsome.

as for the hubs not much you can do to it. im waiting to aluminum ones or rpm one to come out.

also for the people that think a 540 motor is to small JT at ofna has a 550 4.5 ballistic in his and he told he that the 540 6.5 motors can pull on the straight on him. Also im running a 540 motor and my temps are around 140-145 and 130 with a fan.
Sucks RPM won't make parts for Ofna or Jammin. Doesn't the STRC stuff from the Hyper10 work? It's not pillow ball but you can always convert? Not sure the lengths might be different, just tossing that out there.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #419
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (99%+)

Yes...

Alot of the STRC stuff from the Hyper 10sc will fit on the TT. I use the top arm holder, rear hubs, and wheel hex's.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:12 PM   #420
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toiffel View Post
Are you guys using rubber gromets with your servo?
My servo is screwed straight into the mount - no grommets.

I have the same setup on my 10SC and Mini STe.
Never had an issue given the power and strength of current servos.

Cheers Matt
mister_g is offline   Reply With Quote