R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree11Likes

Old 01-25-2011, 06:28 AM   #1816
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbeastit View Post
I did have this problem when I first changed out the grease in the center diff for oil. What I did to remedy it was to put a small bead of "Ultra Grey high temp silicone" that I use for water pumps and stuff on the paper gasket of the diff case. I held the spur, put the paper gasket on the spur, put a small amount of the silicone gasket sealant on it, then put it on the diff housing. If you do this, let it sit for a few hours to dry and then you're golden. Haven't leaked a single drop of diff fluid since. Buddy of mine did the exact same thing and he hasn't had any problems either.
i also did the same with perfect results!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:46 AM   #1817
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I recently changed to the STRC gear for no other reason than because it existed. That said, I didn't experience any problems with the stock spur. I did add diff silicone before I ever ran it, and in doing so, I used liberal amounts of...

http://www.roguemotorsportz.com/i643...ng&ad=Products

...to coat the outdrives and rubber, etc and the stock gear has been fine.
As far as how often to change, it's a personal feel thing, IMO. In my 1/8 nitro, I change every other race day on average. I don't think the TT will be nearly as abusive on things as an 1/8 is so I slack a bit more. I've run I think 6 race days on it now, and have only changed fluid out once. Soooo roughly once a month, maybe.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #1818
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fastpede View Post
i also did the same with perfect results!
Ooh Yah Shoo Goo FTW
slowslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #1819
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowslug View Post
Ooh Yah Shoo Goo FTW
Haha, Of course!
Old 01-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #1820
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default First Run

I finally got out to run it for the first time this last weekend...

All I can say is WOW. Because of the weather I couldn't go to the track so I ran it in the driveway and the street. I have burnout marks in the driveway now.

If the weather improves I will try to make it to an actual track this weekend. I have not changed anything yet, want to run in box-stock and then do the mods as I go along.
Dynamite 6.5T
Slash65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #1821
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I love this truggy! Brought it to the track for the first time tonight and had a freaking blast. Probably wont ever drive my SC10 again, haha....

Also when guys list your diff oil set ups as 5-5-2 for example, are you starting from front or back?
Old 01-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #1822
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCookieX View Post
Also when guys list your diff oil set ups as 5-5-2 for example, are you starting from front or back?
Front to back, example: |> 5k front -> 5k center -> 2k rear

They are alot of fun - I just wish we could get a class going.
Keep hearing about a 4wheel open/mod class locally - but we just don't seem to get them there the same night or doesn't make the docket..
Team Associated - FT SC10 + 2S Kinetic/Ballistic 10.5
Mugen - MBX6 + Nova - hibernating 'till things warm up and dry-out....
aegiswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #1823
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default 8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
Dont let go of the trigger in the air. Stay in it till ya land and she flys just fine
Cappy,

would you share your gearing and ESC settings ? I'm also planning to run mine with an 540 can 8.5 and Tekin RS Pro.

thanks
Mike
miket3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #1824
Tech Adept

Before a couple of days I was running on road.I noticed that I need a front one-way diff.Any diff that fits directly(or with light modifications)? Or a mod to the stock?
AL3xGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #1825
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Setups:

Here's my current setup:

Diffs: 5-7-2 Losi

Shocks: 35f/30r Losi, stock pistons (options pistons on order, may go down to 1 hole pistons with 27.5f/22.5r for more pack but softer rebound)

Shock mounting points: Rear: Upper middle hole, inside hole on arm. Front: Middle hole, inside hole on arm.

Have not really messed with camber/caster/toe from stock, just made sure it was the same on both sides.

Ride Height: didn't measure it, but just below dog bones level; running it on a smooth clay track with tons of grip, so as low as possible.

Electronics: Tekin RSPro, Tekin Redline 6.5 w/ 12t pinion, profile 3, no boost/neutral width/drag brake, 100% brake (turn it down on the radio). KO Propo RX and 2367 servo.

Tires: Stock (with mashed potato inserts) and Proline Suburbs in clay compound (may try Double Dees and Barcodes too).
heavyjeffd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #1826
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
Here's my current setup:

Diffs: 5-7-2 Losi

Shocks: 35f/30r Losi, stock pistons (options pistons on order, may go down to 1 hole pistons with 27.5f/22.5r for more pack but softer rebound)

Shock mounting points: Rear: Upper middle hole, inside hole on arm. Front: Middle hole, inside hole on arm.

Have not really messed with camber/caster/toe from stock, just made sure it was the same on both sides.

Ride Height: didn't measure it, but just below dog bones level; running it on a smooth clay track with tons of grip, so as low as possible.

Electronics: Tekin RSPro, Tekin Redline 6.5 w/ 12t pinion, profile 3, no boost/neutral width/drag brake, 100% brake (turn it down on the radio). KO Propo RX and 2367 servo.

Tires: Stock (with mashed potato inserts) and Proline Suburbs in clay compound (may try Double Dees and Barcodes too).

Yeah our tires are great but those inserts are trash, but like I said tires are now available by them selves as a set of four. 21245 part num.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #1827
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket3 View Post
Cappy,

would you share your gearing and ESC settings ? I'm also planning to run mine with an 540 can 8.5 and Tekin RS Pro.

thanks
Mike
Roger that Mike !! All i gotta do is make sense of this new software ! LOL
SLOW THE F%&# DOWN so you can go fast !!!
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:42 PM   #1828
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
Yeah our tires are great but those inserts are trash, but like I said tires are now available by them selves as a set of four. 21245 part num.
The tires on the surface we're on are pretty funny. They howl like a 70's car chase. Overall though the clay compound tires from JConcepts and ProLine are killer there.

The only real complaint I had about the truck is the booger colored Vaseline the diffs are filled with. It took me about an hour to get the diffs out and clean all that junk out and fill them with proper diff fluid. Hell I'd rather empty diffs, that stuff was a pain to clean, lol.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #1829
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyjeffd View Post
The tires on the surface we're on are pretty funny. They howl like a 70's car chase. Overall though the clay compound tires from JConcepts and ProLine are killer there.

The only real complaint I had about the truck is the booger colored Vaseline the diffs are filled with. It took me about an hour to get the diffs out and clean all that junk out and fill them with proper diff fluid. Hell I'd rather empty diffs, that stuff was a pain to clean, lol.
That it was !!

Well Mike i gotta tell ya that after the update of my ESC and update to my Hotwire soft, it looks like im back to stock settings which really stinks !!!!
SLOW THE F%&# DOWN so you can go fast !!!
Cappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:07 PM   #1830
Tech Elite

Depending where you are running, an 8.5 might be a little small. You may end up running a lot of boost and/or timing advance.