Wiki Posts
Search

Team Grid Performance Parts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default towers!

I have been wanting to upgrade my suspension to the .2 geometry however the price of the conversion has been holding me back. I just now found the Grid towers on your site and instantly purchased the kit! they look so sweet in polished aluminum. I also like buying custom parts from company's like yours. I cannot wait to have the coolest rc8be at the track!
Old 03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Grid RC
The GRID towers positions the the front and rear shocks more upright so the shock are more progressive in their dampening. It handles equally well on rough tracks and high grip surfaces. For clay, use lower traction tires and stiffer springs and lighter rear sway bar.

Setups that racers that are using with the worlds kit or or the 8.2 have similar geometry to ours.

You will have to experiment with center diff, tires, shock springs, pistons and oil, this is called tuning for the way you drive. Most racers have been using the Kyosho blues springs and have good success with it.

Someones setup may work for them, but will be the opposite for you.

We also increased the number of shock mounting positions for more tuning choices.
Does the new geometry with your towers increase the steering? I noticed the 8.2's have a dramatic increase in this area.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
I have been wanting to upgrade my suspension to the .2 geometry however the price of the conversion has been holding me back. I just now found the Grid towers on your site and instantly purchased the kit! they look so sweet in polished aluminum. I also like buying custom parts from company's like yours. I cannot wait to have the coolest rc8be at the track!
Hmm. Our towers are clear anodized. No polishing on our parts. If you look at the pics, you can see the machining marks.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmackani
Does the new geometry with your towers increase the steering? I noticed the 8.2's have a dramatic increase in this area.

The towers more upright geometry help you glide through rough tracks, but as for steering, you need to tune the camber links, and reduce your kick-up to make the steering more aggressive if that is want you need.

We have nothing but good reports on these towers. Nice to hear.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Wink

Hmm. Our towers are clear anodized. No polishing on our parts. If you look at the pics, you can see the machining marks.
Oops sorry, I don't really know much about anodized or that kind of stuff. I just wanted to say they look very sweet . Can't wait to get em!
Old 03-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The towers more upright geometry help you glide through rough tracks, but as for steering, you need to tune the camber links, and reduce your kick-up to make the steering more aggressive if that is want you need.

We have nothing but good reports on these towers. Nice to hear.
So your towers plus new lower b plate should be close then.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jmackani
So your towers plus new lower b plate should be close then.
Start with this setup without the B plate first then the plate to see if you think the B plate is really necessary.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...-locations.jpg
Old 03-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Ordered my Towers on Thursday and got em on Tuesday! Real quick.
I am running 5-5-5. Bronze springs in front, silver in rear with 25wt oil all around. Middle holes on both towers, and wow! The car is on rails now! Super dialed. Best upgrade I ever bought for any of my cars!
I am so stoked, thanks team grid!
Old 03-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ryanpatrickgore
Ordered my Towers on Thursday and got em on Tuesday! Real quick.
I am running 5-5-5. Bronze springs in front, silver in rear with 25wt oil all around. Middle holes on both towers, and wow! The car is on rails now! Super dialed. Best upgrade I ever bought for any of my cars!
I am so stoked, thanks team grid!
Good to see that the postal system can be fast at times. Customs have been known to hold up orders.

What pistons are you using with that 25wt oil?

What is the track surface like and layout? Any pics of the track? Would be great to see a video of the suspension doing its workout.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default towers

just running the stock pistons with the 25wt oil. I went down from 30 wt and it feels better. The track is TRCR- tacoma rc raceway (lots of youtube vids out there). Medium indoor track, smooth medium-high traction clay. There is a section with a wagon wheel on a 180 degree corner leading into some "boobie" bumps. So that is the only "rough" terrain i have tested on so far because its so darn rainy outside. But it flys through that section with ease, just perfect! the old rc8be had a little trouble in there, bouncing around. But overall the upgraded towers have made it way more stable on the fast sections, and much much more precise and forgiving in the corners! I have been preaching the new knowledge to everybody at the track.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

someday I will post pics and a video. Whenever I can get the wife to play cameraman for me.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have a NICE roller For Sale..Check it out!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Are the small tabs that hold the motor plate to the mount available? I bent one back and need to replace.

Thanks
Old 03-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BDK74
Are the small tabs that hold the motor plate to the mount available? I bent one back and need to replace.

Thanks
Our admin replied an email today similar to this request in So Cal, is that you?

Ron
Old 03-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

It was. You guys are sending some. Thanks a lot. Great CS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.