Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum >

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Old 05-31-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Onetrade
I mean, I would take off the jump and land head first into the second jump
this could be your setup (shock pistons, springs, oil) it could be the way that you are setting up for the jump as you enter the jump or something that you are doing in mid air
Old 05-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I dunno what to do... I spent hours going around the track and made like one or 2 decent jumps and they were small jumps. like I couldn't clear the last hump of jumps at all. It felt like I couldn't plant the power onto the ground
Old 05-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

just like anything else it takes time and practice, I dont know if you have raced before and how long you have been racing if you have, just take your time and it will come to you Go to the B44 thread and read what guys are talking about on there you might pick up some good info from other people that have the car, you will also get good info from the guys at LIR. A lot of fast guys race at LIR and they know what they are doing, stick with it take your time and practice as often as you can
Old 05-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I dunno what to do... I spent hours going around the track and made like one or 2 decent jumps and they were small jumps. like I couldn't clear the last hump of jumps at all. It felt like I couldn't plant the power onto the ground
is this your first rc kit build? chances that there are a few minor issues that all impact the total driveability of the car. Say your shocks aren't built right (ae shocks are difficult to get right), a diff is loose and the slipper is loose, one of the few would make the car feel weird, but all 3 would make the car crap It will take time to get a feel how certain things need to feel, no big deal we all had to go through it.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

was wheeling it in practice today getting my mojo back. Times is dropping !
Old 05-31-2009, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

2 23.2s in practice today
Old 05-31-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

How was wolcott?
Old 05-31-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by madmax96
How was wolcott?
How dirty did your cars get
Old 05-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MikeXray
is this your first rc kit build? chances that there are a few minor issues that all impact the total driveability of the car. Say your shocks aren't built right (ae shocks are difficult to get right), a diff is loose and the slipper is loose, one of the few would make the car feel weird, but all 3 would make the car crap It will take time to get a feel how certain things need to feel, no big deal we all had to go through it.
It isn't my first kit car, but it is the first one I took to a track so before I didnt know what was right or not. When I saw guys using their 2wd buggies and clearing those jumps as if they were nothing I immediately understood there is something wrong with mine.

I will take my car to the track and play around with different settings, like tighten the slipper, I think it may not be tight enough. I want to get new tires also and then see what happens. If I still cannot plant enough power to the ground then I will take it from there. Hopefully find some friendlies to help.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:30 PM
BSS
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

It isn't my first kit car, but it is the first one I took to a track so before I didnt know what was right or not. When I saw guys using their 2wd buggies and clearing those jumps as if they were nothing I immediately understood there is something wrong with mine.

I will take my car to the track and play around with different settings, like tighten the slipper, I think it may not be tight enough. I want to get new tires also and then see what happens. If I still cannot plant enough power to the ground then I will take it from there. Hopefully find some friendlies to help.
If a little jewish kid, about 4'9", and name is Evan comes up to you, don't let him touch your car.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

lol ok No jews lol. Got it! I am Just Kidding
I am actually a Jew, we are good with money, not very handy. lolol

On a serious note, I would like to have my car looked at by a professional or seasoned hobbyist. I do not want it fixed. Just told what is wrong so that I can fix it myself and learn what to look for and how to troubleshoot my own issues.

At the recommendation of someone I started asking questions and reading through threads on the B44 forum and got a lot of useful info. First chance I get I will be checking my slipper, Radio settings and ESC settings.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BSS
If a little jewish kid, about 4'9", and name is Evan comes up to you, don't let him touch your car.
+1
Old 05-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BSS is JEWISH but hes alright just watch out for the mutant thinks he knows all will talk nonsense even if not asked sorry to say he has bj4 so lookout hell have his sights set on you
Old 05-31-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

lol ok No jews lol. Got it! I am Just Kidding
I am actually a Jew, we are good with money, not very handy. lolol

On a serious note, I would like to have my car looked at by a professional or seasoned hobbyist. I do not want it fixed. Just told what is wrong so that I can fix it myself and learn what to look for and how to troubleshoot my own issues.

At the recommendation of someone I started asking questions and reading through threads on the B44 forum and got a lot of useful info. First chance I get I will be checking my slipper, Radio settings and ESC settings.
You got the right idea.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey onetrade

dont be affraid to ask anyone a million questions.

most of us would not be racing if people didnt help us out.

everyone down there is cool and you will not be bothering them at all.

i was there on saturday but didnt know you were having issues, or we all would have checked your car out.

also you can always go into the shop for help, thats what there for.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.