Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum >

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Old 10-30-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I just learned about this in science today, anyone believe in this I was freaking out http://yowusa.com/
Old 10-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
What !!!

Nice nico.... cool ride bro....

http://www.tosports.ca/?p=1594
is this for real... i'm surprised he dident try for hamiltons car. they have something in common.. its a kind of cookie. lol.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

how much would be everything for lipo (charger, battery) anything extra for lipo?
Old 10-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Goodesta View Post
how much would be everything for lipo (charger, battery) anything extra for lipo?
Ask Betts, he can give you a price on everything.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:36 PM
Tech Master

for lipo do u need a balancer
Old 10-31-2008, 05:36 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

does anyone still have an extra charger that can charge a lipo just for sunday
Old 10-31-2008, 11:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

for lipo do u need a balancer
Get a orion pack and borrow one for a min off someone at the track, i do it like once a month or so. they never really go out of balance.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys, new to the forum but not new to rc. I started with an evader ext back in march and I have been to lir about 10 times, only raced twice though. During the summer when the gas was really priced high my mom wouldnt take me anymore so i got into bashing. Now I want to race again. I was wondering if I could get some recomendations. I usually saw mostly associated at the track but some losi. I think I want a buggy so either a losi xxx-cr or the b4, if I get a truck I will get the T4. I also have a castle creations sidewinder esc and 4600kv bl motor I could use in it until I get a sensored system. Also what transmitters are you guys using? I like the futaba fasst 3pm 2.4ghz but its pricy, spektrum looks good but I have heard mixed review. Please give me some insight.btw Im James and im 13, probaly have seen me around march april.lol. thanks in advance for the help.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oday1395 View Post
Hi guys, new to the forum but not new to rc. I started with an evader ext back in march and I have been to lir about 10 times, only raced twice though. During the summer when the gas was really priced high my mom wouldnt take me anymore so i got into bashing. Now I want to race again. I was wondering if I could get some recomendations. I usually saw mostly associated at the track but some losi. I think I want a buggy so either a losi xxx-cr or the b4, if I get a truck I will get the T4. I also have a castle creations sidewinder esc and 4600kv bl motor I could use in it until I get a sensored system. Also what transmitters are you guys using? I like the futaba fasst 3pm 2.4ghz but its pricy, spektrum looks good but I have heard mixed review. Please give me some insight.btw Im James and im 13, probaly have seen me around march april.lol. thanks in advance for the help.
as far as the buggy goes thier are 3 choices the kyosho rb5 the associated b4 and losi xxx-cr. the associated has alot of steering and is probly the best out of the box. the kyosho is well balenced steering and traction but need a bunch of mods to get it where it really needs to be. then the losi lots of bite and traction and some of the fastest guys at lir run them. personally i would get a b4 team edition out the box its the best deal. now for a radio look for a m11 i would try to get one with out the dss 2.4 gig and buy the stock one then get the spectrum pro seperate. if you're not looking to spend that much at first look at just the stock m11 and worry about getting spectum down the road. doesnt much matter for now cause everyone pretty much has spectrum and you shouldent interfere with many people. now for the truck i dont know if i'd buy one yet cause not many people run truck. although we started running the traxxas slash spec class wich is alot of fun. my suggestion to you is go down to the track and ask rob these ?s he will be able to get you pointed in the right direction also get you whatever car and parts you need... hope to see at the track soon running whatever car and radio you have chosen . good luck
Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

ok great thanks! I wont be ther until after christmas but I think I will be asking for the b4 team kit(not factoy team)isnt the m11 like almost 300 not spectrum? I could get a jr xr2i on ebay for cheap probaly. I also need some batts.my bashing packs are sub-par as far as racing goes. For now I think I will get spc ener-g 4600 matched packs. You have an rb5 right? I think I might have seen you once, i went to practice on a sunday in july I think, idk but if it was you, you were really good. Thanks for all your help.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

To be honest with you, if your set on the kit version of the B4, there really is no benefit of choosing the team version over the factory team. For the few dollars extra, you get loads of upgrades that you are definitely going to want down the road. And as far as the M11 goes, the price has went down and now the Airtronics 2.4 version is $300.

Like Gweed said, just stop down by the shop when you get a chance and we will steer you in the right direction.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah but the problem is my mom wont let me go over $300 for all my christmas gifts so I have to get the b4 team kit and maybe a spektrum dx3.0.also I cant just stop by, its enough of a challange just to get my mom to take me to actually race or practiceI will have money after chritmas so maybe i will buy the ft b4 and not ask for it. Can I use a sidewinder 4600 combo untill i get a sensored system or do you guys strictly go by ROAR rules? i only raced my evader brushed
Old 11-01-2008, 08:27 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by oday1395 View Post
Yeah but the problem is my mom wont let me go over $300 for all my christmas gifts so I have to get the b4 team kit and maybe a spektrum dx3.0.also I cant just stop by, its enough of a challange just to get my mom to take me to actually race or practiceI will have money after chritmas so maybe i will buy the ft b4 and not ask for it. Can I use a sidewinder 4600 combo untill i get a sensored system or do you guys strictly go by ROAR rules? i only raced my evader brushed
if you only have a $300 limit just get a slash
Old 11-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

dude i have the same problem wit my mom not wanting me to spend $$$
best bet buy the best of the best and neva look back if ur planning on being a hardcore racer down there alot practicing and racing get the b4 factory team edition. as far as your sidewinder setup you will ether have to race mod or sportzman. i say sell the sidewider and get a sphere or gtb esc with a 10.5 motor.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

dude i have the same problem wit my mom not wanting me to spend $$$
best bet buy the best of the best and neva look back if ur planning on being a hardcore racer down there alot practicing and racing get the b4 factory team edition. as far as your sidewinder setup you will ether have to race mod or sportzman. i say sell the sidewider and get a sphere or gtb esc with a 10.5 motor.
gooodee just stttoooppppp.. let the pros handle it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.