Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum >

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Old 10-07-2008, 09:28 PM
  #6301  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
LI Raceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Farmingdale NY
Posts: 1,167
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

He can't go anywhere with out starting trouble!! it's a gift
LI Raceway is offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 PM
  #6302  
Suspended
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fresh off a set of (@)Y(@)
Posts: 1,680
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Yoo i got a funny story to tell you.
whats that??? how you plan to get to 4,000 posts by saturday nite so you cant help with the layout change
plack75 is offline  
Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
  #6303  
Suspended
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fresh off a set of (@)Y(@)
Posts: 1,680
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

how much do you pay for the bobcat for a day??? 250???I will see if he can hook it up and do better
plack75 is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 06:37 AM
  #6304  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
li racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: west islip new york
Posts: 3,065
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

So it sounds like no racing Sunday Monday? I can come down Sunday Monday But not Saturday but am looking foward to a new layout
li racer is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 06:38 AM
  #6305  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
li racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: west islip new york
Posts: 3,065
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Talk about new layout and Throphy race and thread explodes
li racer is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 07:00 AM
  #6306  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

Originally Posted by LI Raceway View Post
Why does coming to LIR sounds like this big monsterous trip. We are 1 1/2 hours away from each other. I could see a trip to say Ohio or something. When our guts go to rchr they just hop in their cars and come on over. Rce takes a little planning since it's about 4 hours, but you guys are so close. I'm sure renting a bus will cost more then just hopping in the car and coming over.
We are trying to plan our own trophy races as well as plan road trips up to RCE's trophy races in addition to yours. Most of RCHR's racers are not as involved in the hobby (alot are new altogether) as you guys at LIR, so it takes a little bit more effort to try and get more than just one or two guys to go.

How is the new building hunt going?
RCHR is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 08:19 AM
  #6307  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Crazy Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 1,170
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR View Post
We are trying to plan our own trophy races as well as plan road trips up to RCE's trophy races in addition to yours. Most of RCHR's racers are not as involved in the hobby (alot are new altogether) as you guys at LIR, so it takes a little bit more effort to try and get more than just one or two guys to go.

How is the new building hunt going?
Effort to go?
Then how is this 3 track series going to work?
Sounds like LIR does the traveling again
I say the first race should be held at LIR and lets see the out of town turnout then take it from there
JMO
Crazy Carl is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 AM
  #6308  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Crazy Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 1,170
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

I'm in for Saturday
Can't have a layout change w\o the director
Someone has to keep an eye on Rob
Crazy Carl is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 08:23 AM
  #6309  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
Effort to go?
Then how is this 3 track series going to work?
Sounds like LIR does the traveling again
I say the first race should be held at LIR and lets see the out of town turnout then take it from there
JMO
oH SNAP.

Crazy Carl putting it all out in the street.....
Jason Pelletier is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 10:10 AM
  #6310  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
Effort to go?
Then how is this 3 track series going to work?
Sounds like LIR does the traveling again
I say the first race should be held at LIR and lets see the out of town turnout then take it from there
JMO
Its not a problem for myself and one or two guys comming down from my track to race at LIR with 3 & 1/2 weeks notice. But I would prefer to bring more of my racers down to LIR to race. I simply asked Rob to try to plan ahead a bit more. I'm not going to stress over it, who ever can go will go.

The three track series will work if its planned ahead. I talked to Todd Anderson of RCE last night, and it dosen't matter which track got the first race to us, LIR first is absolutely great.

Todd and I also agree that there dosen't need to be a throw out race in a three race series, but some of the LIR racers seem to think there should be.

That would seem to indicate that LIR racers seem to have an issue with travel and expense. Perhaps its just too much effort to go to all three? Its still 3 months before 2009, without any mention of the series race dates and already the LIR guys are the only ones concerned with not being able to attend all three races.

And you can take your snap back RB
RCHR is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 AM
  #6311  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
SQC049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 2,965
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RCHR View Post
Its not a problem for myself and one or two guys comming down from my track to race at LIR with 3 & 1/2 weeks notice. But I would prefer to bring more of my racers down to LIR to race. I simply asked Rob to try to plan ahead a bit more. I'm not going to stress over it, who ever can go will go.

The three track series will work if its planned ahead. I talked to Todd Anderson of RCE last night, and it dosen't matter which track got the first race to us, LIR first is absolutely great.

Todd and I also agree that there dosen't need to be a throw out race in a three race series, but some of the LIR racers seem to think there should be.

That would seem to indicate that LIR racers seem to have an issue with travel and expense. Perhaps its just too much effort to go to all three? Its still 3 months before 2009, without any mention of the series race dates and already the LIR guys are the only ones concerned with not being able to attend all three races.

And you can take your snap back RB
This entire paragraph is totally out of line and not becoming anyone who wishes to coordinate a series amongst three different tracks, let along someone who wishes to seek an elected ROAR position in a short while.

I think you need to reconsider how you speak to people, especially when you want something from them.

Last I checked, we traveled all over a five state area this summer, and not with just one or two guys, in numbers. I don't recall seeing you or your cronies at any of the races we attended. You can't blame people for being apprehensive about a points series when we are the ones that go everywhere, and nobody returns the favor.

You guys are an hour and change away, yet nobody from your track shows their face at LIR, why would this series be any different?

If you wish to be condescending or engage an a pissing match, I assure you that you've picked the wrong person...You will lose.

Before you respond, you need to correct your head. You come out of nowhere with this idea (which isn't a bad one), but then decide that you are going to talk down to people concerned with the potential turnout. I'll keep this in mind as I consider if I should attend any of these races if (and that is a big if) this "series" even happens.
SQC049 is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 AM
  #6312  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Jason Pelletier is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 11:09 AM
  #6313  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

I don't see how that paragraph is out of line or talking down to anybody...

Your right about LIR racers travelling all over to different races, thats why I find it suprising that there is such a big issue for a three race series between three tracks that LIR racers already travel to.

I'm pretty much the only one at our track thats really been down to LIR, most of the other guys at RCHR are new into the hobby so I can't imagine you would have seen them at any of the other races that you have travelled too.

RCHR has only been open for six months, How many times would have have expected the guys from our shop to make it down there?
RCHR is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 AM
  #6314  
Tech Elite
 
RCHR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,490
Default

BTW...What time do the doors open on Nov. 2 and what time does racing start, race entry fee, etc...

Are the tires of choice still pink tapers in front and pink bk bars in the rear?
RCHR is offline  
Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 AM
  #6315  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
LI Raceway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Farmingdale NY
Posts: 1,167
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Like I stated earlier my guys have seen what I have felt for years. Favors never returned. About this working together. Our record shows over the last 10 years we are the ones working together. It might not be called a series or anything, but if there is a race in the northeast. LIR guys will almost always be there. Knowing full well that the will not see that in return. I really can't see how a month notice is hard for you guys to plan and BUDGET the trip, but the will make 2 trips and their own race. Also why any of this was even brought up over this format anyway our phone number has been the same for about 13 years. I now am kinda glad it did happen this way so people from other track can see how we feel. They love when we show up 8-20 strong running multiple classes. We'd love to see anything close to that.
LI Raceway is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.