Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum >

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Old 10-06-2008, 09:41 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by mahak213 View Post
What are the locals running for tires over there brandon?
i believe the pros are using hole sh*ts for now and in the winter pinks are dialed
Old 10-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

That track is Gangsta. You tube video some of that action.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSS07 View Post
i believe the pros are using hole sh*ts for now and in the winter pinks are dialed
So what are you running Brandon,should have used dirt you could run USED tires on
Old 10-07-2008, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Whens the 1st Annual Brandon race scheduled? And i'm guessing its going to be all jews welcomed?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by li racer View Post
didnt know they sold dirt on ebay
They dont
They only sell sh*t
Can you say packed cow paddies
Old 10-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Rob Betts,

Could you start working on a points system for the ROAR Regional Championship Series (as I think you have the best experience to do so), Get your track signed up to ROAR, and pick out a date in 2009 when you would like to hold your leg of the race.

I'll get Todd Anderson to pick out a date for his leg, and I'll get a date for ours.

I'm going to request from the regional director to allow 4wd buggy lipo saddle pack batteries without hard case to be allowed, since ROAR still dosen't have rules for them, and could seriously lower 4wd turnout otherwise.

Also, are you going to hold a ROAR NY State Championship?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCHR View Post
Rob Betts,

Could you start working on a points system for the ROAR Regional Championship Series (as I think you have the best experience to do so), Get your track signed up to ROAR, and pick out a date in 2009 when you would like to hold your leg of the race.

I'll get Todd Anderson to pick out a date for his leg, and I'll get a date for ours.

I'm going to request from the regional director to allow 4wd buggy lipo saddle pack batteries without hard case to be allowed, since ROAR still dosen't have rules for them, and could seriously lower 4wd turnout otherwise.

Also, are you going to hold a ROAR NY State Championship?

THIS IS A BIG RULE AT LIR AND PRETTY MUCH THE ONLY RULE. NO SOFT CASE LIPO's.

ROAR race you use roar rules.

Last edited by Jason Pelletier; 10-07-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

We don't do soft case batteries!!! As for the points series I really don't mind, but as far as the entire region, they aren't going to let this fly all the time because our region is pretty big and the 3 tracks are pretty close. Also is there going to be a throw out? Are there going to be trophies for all 3 races or just the finals??? who pays for them? Your pricing some people out of this because in our economy 3 races can really break some peoples bank. also many people aren't going to hit up all 3, people they figure they have no chance to win. I hate to point these things out but this had been discussed over the years many times. Also LIR always seems to be the track people decide to skip even though we travel far and wide. NY champs race I dunno we have always had great sucess with just are own races. Many locals don't want to pay extra money for roar membership just to race. A lot of our locals are just running for fun and don't know or care about roar and they seem to skip the race because of the extra cost. As for points we'll see what Jim says and go on from there. Shouldn't be too hard
Old 10-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

What classes are we going to run? I think each track has different programs.It might just be better to have to regionals like it's always been at whatever track gets it. Then we can have like a northeast ponits series with our 3 tracks, because like say somebody in Albany isn't going to travel to all 3 roar regionals series races and maybe they have the best guys who knows. Just throwing ideas out there. I'm not the roar director, but I know this is how things get crazy and people cry foul.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

I want to work on unifying the three big tracks in NE, so I'll start with a different stratagy....

What classes with what motors are you guys running? please be specific....

ROAR 2009 rules are 17.5=stock, 13.5=Super Stock, 10.5 and faster=Modified (what are you guys calling them?)

Then you have different chassis...2wd Buggy, 2wd Truck, 4wd Buggy, Slash, and what do you guys call your Novice class (and what chassis are allowed in that?)?

for instance, do you offer stock, super stock, and modified of each chassis class?

I want to try and get everybody on the same page (if possible), so I want to know what classes you run and what are the motor rules?

How about lipo battery rules. i.e. ROAR approved only with lipo sack (do you guys have the required sand buckets?)
Old 10-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

We require Lipo sacks and don't allow soft case. No sand buckets not a problem to get them. I would assume you pour the sand on battery because you sure can't pick it up and put in there. Our regular program is 2wd mod, 19turn which we use 10.5 according to roars orginal motors category and it seems pretty even to a worked 19 turn. Then we run mod 4wd mod, mod truck and spec slash( 7cell club pack orion rocket 4500) . Truck is pretty light and sportsman generally starts later in the winter. Sportsman is run what you brung. Are these races going to be 1 day or 2 because that will really decide what we should run. Streamling classes seems to work better. When you have a million classes you generally thin out the classes too much. As far as working together I know a bunch or are guys have been your way a few times as well as rce. Our guys go everywhere. Hell we really made region 2 regionals a sucess because so many or our guys went running multiple classes as always.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Right now, I just want to compare the regular weekly programs between our tracks and try to find common ground there first (not concerned about ROAR at this moment).
Old 10-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

For instance, RCE runs a class called limited buggy, which is 19 turn or 10.5 brushless. By ROAR rules, LIR's rules, and our rules here, that would be Modified class.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

These are RCE classes:

2wd - limited=10.5/19 turn
truck - limited=10.5/19 turn
4wd - open mod
truck - open mod
Slash - box stock

we allow open battery in all classes.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

So by ROAR 2009 rules, RCE and LIR only offers modified classes for the 2wd, 4wd, and truck classes. RCE's open battery rules, would limit which of there racers that are going to race at LIR.

I can push the racers at my track that would be willing to travel to purchase whatever equipment that would be needed by the rules. I'll simply tell my racers that wish to race at LIR and RCE that they should by ROAR legal batteries from now on...I'll see if Todd is intrested in doing the same.

I do have a request though Robb, could you please make trophy race plans a bit further ahead of time? It would really help more of our guys be able to plan and budget a trip down to LIR (I'm sure it help RCE's racers too)

Last edited by RCHR; 10-07-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.