Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum >

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Old 09-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LI Raceway View Post
I don't follow f1 so I don't care who won but it seems to me that the guy who cut the corner did not loss enough ground or suffer any negative speed loss from his mistake. I would have let the guy go a little. I would not like to win that way
The rule is you give the position back. But to decide this a hour after the race when the guy who was in the red car smashed his car into the wall on the next lap. He also had to cut the corner cause if he hit that wet astro turf stuff he would have hit him. When the race director says it looks ok to the team when asked he should have said no it doesn't and let him back by.

Also your only allowed 1 blocking move he made like like 3 and then passed hamilton again under a yellow flag. I wouldn't say it's a perfect situation on both parts but to give the race to the clown 14 seconds behind is a farce.... especially after the podium celebration etc.

I think this will be appealed. Alotta peeps is outraged. nikki lauda is pe-od for sure.

F1 wants overtaking and racing and they got it.

2 years of bogus titles.

but anywayz back to r/c
Old 09-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
I agree with you Betts. 19 is seeing this through tinted glasses. If this was a red car being penalized, he would be all about it.

Anyways, who is down for some 4 wheel action on Friday night?
BS i wouldn't be so mad about if the penalty was handed out during the race. I wanted kimi to 4peat.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
BS i wouldn't be so mad about if the penalty was handed out during the race. I wanted kimi to 4peat.
I happened with a two laps left, they didn't have time to investigate it until after the race. Again, I don't have a problem with it, I'm not happy about it, but I have no problems with it.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Where's the penalty for kubica ?

oh ferrari beat him that time by using the run off area....... http://vimeo.com/348198

Kubica cut the chicane why no penalty ?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/70425
Old 09-08-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Where's the penalty for kubica ?

oh ferrari beat him that time by using the run off area....... http://vimeo.com/348198

Kubica cut the chicane why no penalty ?
Wow was that some sick driving, I'd starting watching F1 all the time if there was more races like that.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Wow was that some sick driving, I'd starting watching F1 all the time if there was more races like that.
Yea that's the thing with f1 you have to wait for it. It doesn't happen all the time but when it does it's nail biting.

Kinda like tha last 2 laps on sunday but.......
Old 09-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crazy Carl View Post
--MASSA WITH THE WIN----MASSA WITH THE WIN----MASSA WITH THE WIN----MASSA WITH THE WIN------MASSA WITH THE WIN----MASSA WITH THE WIN----MASSA W--MASSA WITH THE WIN----MASSA WI--MASSA WITH THE WIN--
WHO WON?
Old 09-08-2008, 01:07 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

the guy in the black car is a dumba$$. you cant take shortcuts , he could've easily hit the brakes and stay behind the other guy
Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

McLaren -- 15,000 Euros in Fines; 25 Seconds (D/T); 2 Drive Through; 25 Grid Spots -- 12 Total Penalties
Honda -- 4,000 Euros in Fines; 1 Drive Through; 10 Second Stop and Go; 5 Grid Spots; 1 Start From Pit Lane; 1 DQ; Reprimand -- 8 Total Penalties
Force India -- 1,200 Euros in Fines; 25 Seconds; 8 Grid Spots; 1 Start From Pit Lane; 1 Reprimand -- 7 Total Penalties
Ferrari -- 24,900 Euros in Fines; 1 Drive Through; Grid Spot Penalties -- 7 Total Penalties
STR -- 6,600 Euros in Fines; 15 Grid Spots -- 6 Total Penalties
Williams -- 2,200 Euros in Fines; 20 Grid Spots; Reprimand -- 6 Total Penalties
Red Bull -- 12,000 Euros in Fines; 5 Grid Spots (all Coulthard) -- 6 Total Penalties
Toyota -- 2,200 Euros in Fines; 25 Seconds; 5 Grid Spots; 1 Reprimand -- 5 Total Penalties
BMW -- No Fines; 10 Second Stop and Go -- 1 Total Penalty
Renault -- 10,000 Euros in Fines; No Time/Grid Spot Penalties -- 1 Total Penalty
Super Aguri -- 400 Euros in Fines -- 1 Total Penalty

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headline...08114903.shtml

Last edited by Jason Pelletier; 09-08-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:52 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

betts, are you going to crcrc again? if you are can i roll wit you?
Old 09-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Brandon I fly there no 8 hour drive for me. I'm not sure if I'm going
Old 09-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Mike xray long time no see whats up man we miss you. You gotta check out these slashes simply the most fun in r/c
Old 09-08-2008, 11:21 PM
Tech Initiate

RB you are wrong about the penalty. The rule states that you cannot gain a competitive advantage by shortcutting the track. He gained a competitive advantage, without a doubt.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MRDS10 View Post
RB you are wrong about the penalty. The rule states that you cannot gain a competitive advantage by shortcutting the track. He gained a competitive advantage, without a doubt.
Well me and Kimi Raikkonen feel differently.........

La Gazzetta dello Sport quotes defending World Champion Kimi Raikkonen as being prepared to testify on behalf of arch rival Lewis Hamilton at the FIA hearing that will result from Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' protest of the penalty imposed on Hamilton after the Belgian Grand Prix.

"I don't care what the stewards said, as far as I was concerned, Hamilton let me by as we passed the pits", said Raikkonen in Geneva today. "I got ahead, I tried to defend the position and the race was on again. My car was for sure very difficult on the prime tyres in the rain and Lewis got by me into the hairpin. That was that."

Raikkonen went on, "For sure, I don't like to lose but I don't like to win through stupid decisions. People say I have lost the love (for F1) but yesterday I showed that second was not what I wanted. There are five races to go and I plan to win them all. I'm not the sort to give up that easily."

Asked if he was prepared to testify to that effect if the McLaren protest goes to the FIA, Raikkonen simply said, "Yes, why not."
Old 09-09-2008, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well me and Kimi Raikkonen feel differently.........

La Gazzetta dello Sport quotes defending World Champion Kimi Raikkonen as being prepared to testify on behalf of arch rival Lewis Hamilton at the FIA hearing that will result from Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' protest of the penalty imposed on Hamilton after the Belgian Grand Prix.

"I don't care what the stewards said, as far as I was concerned, Hamilton let me by as we passed the pits", said Raikkonen in Geneva today. "I got ahead, I tried to defend the position and the race was on again. My car was for sure very difficult on the prime tyres in the rain and Lewis got by me into the hairpin. That was that."

Raikkonen went on, "For sure, I don't like to lose but I don't like to win through stupid decisions. People say I have lost the love (for F1) but yesterday I showed that second was not what I wanted. There are five races to go and I plan to win them all. I'm not the sort to give up that easily."

Asked if he was prepared to testify to that effect if the McLaren protest goes to the FIA, Raikkonen simply said, "Yes, why not."
thats my dog... kimi #1

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.