Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum >

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Old 07-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No slash today Was going to bring it home but she's a litte rough on the m-11 might have to put the stock radio back in there.

hahahah yeh they're mine or at least whats left. just kidding Bob is the man he bubble wraped them and everything, took the wings off and bubble wrap them. He really took care of them. I owe him big time.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone bringing their trucks tomorrow night?
Old 07-24-2008, 06:11 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by d16dcoe45 View Post
Anyone bringing their trucks tomorrow night?
yo soy my other orion opened up on me today i contacted orion and still waiting for a reply. atleast it was outside. anyone know how to throw them out
Old 07-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

OK guys I have a question on the Slash class. All Electric racing right now is 6 cell or 2 cell Lipo your rules say 7 cell wich means anybody that wants to run Slash must buy a 7 cell including any newbe who ends up with a battery he can't use if he wants to move up. Also many racers have switched to Lipo only which would be comparable to a 6 cell. Calm responces only. I seen the way RB Five ripped up the other Slash thread. LOL
Old 07-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whosold View Post
OK guys I have a question on the Slash class. All Electric racing right now is 6 cell or 2 cell Lipo your rules say 7 cell wich means anybody that wants to run Slash must buy a 7 cell including any newbe who ends up with a battery he can't use if he wants to move up. Also many racers have switched to Lipo only which would be comparable to a 6 cell. Calm responces only. I seen the way RB Five ripped up the other Slash thread. LOL
What's the question ?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Why 7?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Whosold View Post
Why 7?
we tested it compared to a lipo and a 6 cell, the 7 cell was faster than the six cell wich enabled it to clear all the jumps and the lipo was not faster than the 7 cell but it had more punch and overall the main idea of the slash class is a budget class, most new racers cannot afford a lipo and lipo charger
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 PM

andrew looks like u bought stuff awhile back from the same guy that f*cked me over with those lipo's. how was ur expierence with him?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by BSS07 View Post
andrew looks like u bought stuff awhile back from the same guy that f*cked me over with those lipo's. how was ur expierence with him?
Who? How am I supposed to tell you if you don't tell me who the guys is?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Tech Master

Here is the reasoning.
1 lipos cost more.
2 The chargers cost more as well.
3 The 6 cell stock is to slow to clear even our small jumps.
4 There is no lipo cut so batteries can be ruined especially newbies that don't understand battery basics
5 How do you explain to a "newbie" they have to buy a fire proof bag just in case your battery goes on fire.( goes over well with parents too)
6.It's the easiest way to do it. Because if you open the batteries more then an actual spec pack you will see the different company lipos and c rating and all that will come into play and you will spend more buying high c lipos then a cheap spec pack.
7 The pack is 50 or so bucks we got a bulk deal on the pack we want. Racers spend more then that on painted bodeis and stickers. gas and tolls to their next race. We could have picked a lower mah pack to make it even cheaper, but the 4500 leaves the door open for exciting things, we already do 8 minute mains.
8 When guys generally move up they go from bashing to more regular racing.Now when they do that they will still have a car to enjoy at home and then can treat their new race car with more repspect which will give them better results and in the long run less money rebuilding.

Thats most of the good reasons. I'm sure many will disagree, but we have never had a new class take off like this ever. It's working both ways as well. Harcore guys have them and we have already sold 5 to total beginers 3 of which have practiced already and 2 plan to race this week. So for us about 24 trucks in a week and half is great
Old 07-24-2008, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
Who? How am I supposed to tell you if you don't tell me who the guys is?
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=180791

sorry, forgot to put the link in, kinda tired
Old 07-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Brandon what is Orion going to do? You aren't the original owner. You don't even know how old they are? Tell ebay or something. I think you have learned what we all have been trying to tell you!!!!! Some things should only be bought new. Notice I said some not all. You can get a deal here and there but never electronics it's too risky.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

A++ great seller !

Originally Posted by LI Raceway View Post
Brandon what is Orion going to do? You aren't the original owner. You don't even know how old they are? Tell ebay or something. I think you have learned what we all have been trying to tell you!!!!! Some things should only be bought new. Notice I said some not all. You can get a deal here and there but never electronics it's too risky.
I gave my opinion he didn't wanna hear it. Sometimes one must learn things the hard way.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LI Raceway View Post
Here is the reasoning.
1 lipos cost more.
2 The chargers cost more as well.
3 The 6 cell stock is to slow to clear even our small jumps.
4 There is no lipo cut so batteries can be ruined especially newbies that don't understand battery basics
5 How do you explain to a "newbie" they have to buy a fire proof bag just in case your battery goes on fire.( goes over well with parents too)
6.It's the easiest way to do it. Because if you open the batteries more then an actual spec pack you will see the different company lipos and c rating and all that will come into play and you will spend more buying high c lipos then a cheap spec pack.
7 The pack is 50 or so bucks we got a bulk deal on the pack we want. Racers spend more then that on painted bodeis and stickers. gas and tolls to their next race. We could have picked a lower mah pack to make it even cheaper, but the 4500 leaves the door open for exciting things, we already do 8 minute mains.
8 When guys generally move up they go from bashing to more regular racing.Now when they do that they will still have a car to enjoy at home and then can treat their new race car with more repspect which will give them better results and in the long run less money rebuilding.

Thats most of the good reasons. I'm sure many will disagree, but we have never had a new class take off like this ever. It's working both ways as well. Harcore guys have them and we have already sold 5 to total beginers 3 of which have practiced already and 2 plan to race this week. So for us about 24 trucks in a week and half is great
Well said,seems you put in some time to work this out and keep cost down,
while keeping racing fun and competitve
Lets race
You to RB5 come join the fun
Old 07-25-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

If I remember correctly, I only bought the motor because I thought better of buying used electronics. The motor was fine I think. I'm not too sure, it was a while ago.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.