Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum >

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Old 07-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

andrew... send those pics to [email protected]... hurry!!!! lol...
Old 07-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Pistop was ok, not outstanding. The track was so beat up and shitty, Like racing at a construction site 4 hours from home. Mazzara and the the guys put in a great effort to revive it on friday and it was a bit better but by the end of the day saturday it went to crap again. Had a good time pitting with betts and getting my swerve on on friday. c-main and b-main all day for me.

What was up with the guy working the computer times too he delayed racing for like a hour.

Betts and Jason layed down in 4wd and james did his thing in 2wd. Great mains.

I am not going there till 09......

see you at vineland in the fall.

we should have gone to rc excitement instead .......
GJ steve in 4wd.

Last edited by Jason Pelletier; 07-20-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Definitely not the track conditions that I witnessed in June. For whatever reason the track was greatly deteriorated. But all in all the LIR crew had a fun weekend and I think everyone had fun. Also that 4WD main was the best rc race I have ever seen. Awesome run by Mike, Jason and Betts it was a great manufacture and driver battle.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Pitstop race this weekend was great. Thx all for comin down. The track conditions where less than perfect. My understanding is the person that normally takes care of the track was sick all week and couldnt do any work to the track. Reguardless, there was some fierce competition there this weekend.

Being the sole survivor of the Maryland Mafia , it was quite lonely. Great battle and curtious driving between Jason Schlick and I in the 2wd Main for the 3rd place podium finish.

Any of the LI Crew commin to Bumps and Jumps for the 2nd leg?

Jason K.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjkahler View Post

Any of the LI Crew commin to Bumps and Jumps for the 2nd leg?
Naa count me out, People should come to our track and support it every now and again. Seems like we run up and down the northeast in large groups to everybodys races but that never happens when Betts has a race at our home track.

I remember mitchell b and i think cyoung came down once. That was cool of them.

I think the guys from rchr are coming out soon.

Is it a treaded tire race ? Have you changed the layout recently ? will nitro be running too ?

Last edited by Jason Pelletier; 07-20-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:28 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I race at PS regularly and I know me and alot of the regulars where disappointed with the track. It did rain on Sunday and I mean it hammered a few inches in no time and really killed the track. It was still wet on Thursday and even worse than it was on Friday and Saturday. I know the guys that where around worked on the track for 3 or 4 hours on Thursday or it would have been even worse.

RB5 nice meeting you. Sure I will see you at Vineland or when I make it up to LI this winter.

Had alot of fun racing and sweating.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:02 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

my charger wasnt defective......it was that orion 4800, i think that dude havnt charged them since x-mas. what should i do to the other one, i charged it for 5 sec. and it went from 5.920 to 5.990. how can i save the other one?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

brandon dont bother trying to charge that thing just get ur money back it could end up (if u charge it) screwing you /your house/ your charger/your wallet etc.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You know what you should do we keep on telling you and I will say it for a final time. Do not even bother to charge it because it is most likely ruined already. Go to LIR this week and pick up two or one brand new Orion 3600 like Johnny 19 told you. That will be your best bet. Sure used might be cheaper but in the long run are you really saving. I think not.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sohlman113 View Post
You know what you should do we keep on telling you and I will say it for a final time. Do not even bother to charge it because it is most likely ruined already. Go to LIR this week and pick up two or one brand new Orion 3600 like Johnny 19 told you. That will be your best bet. Sure used might be cheaper but in the long run are you really saving. I think not.
+1 Plus at the rate you are goin your gunna spent the same ammount on used packs that you will spent on new ones that are guarenteed to work / Buying used cars is cool but batteries is not a good idea, save up some cash and buy some good packs!!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:24 PM

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

yeah i know but how can i slowly bring the volts up?
Old 07-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BSS07 View Post
yeah i know but how can i slowly bring the volts up?
charge it at .5 amps.... thats half an amp... until it gets past 6.5volts... and do it outside
Old 07-21-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I had a good time at Pitstop. The track looked a lot worse than it was, but it could have been better. It was alright though, we were all running in the same conditions. My 2wd was dialed, but for radio problems and my own stupidity I would have made the A. My truck was legit too.

Anyways, there were a few problems but overall it was a fun event. Betts' cars had so much fun that they didn't want to come home.

I can't wait to get back to run at LIR, there is no place like home. Like 19 said, when are all of you out of towners going to come out and race with us? I know gas is expensive, but we find a way to make it out to run with you guys. A little love in return would be appreciated.

I have some good pictures of peoples cars, but I haven't had a chance to upload them yet and see how they came out. I'll try to post some up tonight or tomorrow.

Steve, I'll email them over to you once I get a chance to upload them and go through them.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:36 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I know I plan to come up to try your track out later this fall or closer to winter. I'm sure Mills and a few more would like to try out LI as well.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I know I plan to come up to try your track out later this fall or closer to winter. I'm sure Mills and a few more would like to try out LI as well.
It would be cool for you guys to come out. Mills has been up a bunch of times, he shows the love.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.