Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum >

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Old 02-04-2008, 06:19 AM
  #1921  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
SQC049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 2,965
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by li racer View Post
Holy crap Go Giants
Fun racin on Sunday done early, come on down we can use a few more people
Andrew what were the changes from stockm set up for T4 ?
I went to 35wt oil in the front and a gold spring. Everything else is stock. Also, add some weight to the rear. My truck felt really good with this setup on it. I'm going to bring it down on Friday and play with it some more.
SQC049 is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 06:24 AM
  #1922  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by li racer View Post
Holy crap Go Giants
Fun racin on Sunday done early, come on down we can use a few more people
Andrew what were the changes from stockm set up for T4 ?
Racing was good, johnny 19 almost pulled an Evan/Powers move
MikeXray is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 06:30 AM
  #1923  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
li racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: west islip new york
Posts: 3,065
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Racing was good, johnny 19 almost pulled an Evan/Powers move
Mild mannered Johnny 19 NICE
thanks andrew
li racer is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 07:24 AM
  #1924  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
SQC049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 2,965
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

No problem neighbor.
SQC049 is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 07:54 AM
  #1925  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
Crazy Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, N.Y.
Posts: 1,170
Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Racing was good, johnny 19 almost pulled an Evan/Powers move
We need to have a camera on site for these special kodak moments
Crazy Carl is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 08:01 AM
  #1926  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

I effin hate my Rb5, It's actin the fool. It will be back on point on friday i hope. lost in 4wd mod to andrew half way into the last lap which sucked. Hey, the giants won.

Last edited by Jason Pelletier; 02-04-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Jason Pelletier is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 08:09 AM
  #1927  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
SQC049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 2,965
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
I effin hate my Rb5, It's actin the fool. It will be back on point on friday i hope. lost is in 4wd mod to andrew half way into the last lap which sucked. Hey, the giants won.
That 4wd main was a blast. We were close the entire 6 minutes. I really enjoyed running with you. I had a hell of a day yesterday, TQ and win in 19t, just 4/10 of a second away from a 13 lap run, and then the win in 4wd. And the Giants beat New England! It was a perfect Sunday for me.
SQC049 is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 08:26 AM
  #1928  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
That 4wd main was a blast. We were close the entire 6 minutes. I really enjoyed running with you. I had a hell of a day yesterday, TQ and win in 19t, just 4/10 of a second away from a 13 lap run, and then the win in 4wd. And the Giants beat New England! It was a perfect Sunday for me.
Yea, I am definitly getting faster with that car, 1-3 kyosho in 19t quali and 1-3 kyosho in 4wd mod quali and wins.

I have lots a slop in my rb5 and the ballstud i think was broken in the rear cause it just fell apart around a turn and i didnt really crash much. Car was so unpredictable.
Jason Pelletier is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 08:27 AM
  #1929  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
I effin hate my Rb5, It's actin the fool. It will be back on point on friday i hope. lost in 4wd mod to andrew half way into the last lap which sucked. Hey, the giants won.
Give it a go through, Jerry's car was a mess until the main, his steering rack got bound up cause the saver collar loosened up and was binding on the top plate, diff was loose, etc.
MikeXray is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 08:34 AM
  #1930  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Give it a go through, Jerry's car was a mess until the main, his steering rack got bound up cause the saver collar loosened up and was binding on the top plate, diff was loose, etc.
Yea the diff is like 2 months old and the rear is sloppier then all hell, car need some love and some new things. I want a new rb5 to be honest but i have love for this old one.
Jason Pelletier is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 08:45 AM
  #1931  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
SQC049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 2,965
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RB FIVE View Post
Yea the diff is like 2 months old and the rear is sloppier then all hell, car need some love and some new things. I want a new rb5 to be honest but i have love for this old one.
I'm going to give mine a rebuild also. I have some slop in the rear and the diff and shocks need to get rebuilt.

The car has been working so well lately, I don't want to screw with it.

Last edited by SQC049; 02-04-2008 at 09:06 AM.
SQC049 is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 08:57 AM
  #1932  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (33)
 
Jason Pelletier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
I'm going to give mine a rebuild also. I have some slop in the rear and the diff and shocks need to get rebuilt.

The car has been working so well lately, I don't want to screw with it.
Then dont screw with it.
Jason Pelletier is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 10:32 AM
  #1933  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
li racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: west islip new york
Posts: 3,065
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Johnny 5 your 4w looked good yesterday you were wheelin also andrew looked good
li racer is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 PM
  #1934  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
Gary NJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 1,157
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Betts - In case I don't see you this week, I found out the deal on the new rear hubs with the different hole positions:

UM519 - New rear hubs for RB5. Supposed to be a stronger material (uses "top" hole).
LA252 - New rear hub for Lazer SP (uses "middle" hole)

I guess I needed a 519, and got a 252 from ya.

Gary
Gary NJ is offline  
Old 02-04-2008, 01:36 PM
  #1935  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (73)
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,755
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Anyone want a set of Atomic Carbon towers for the RB5? I figured I'd try locally before listing them, PM me.
MikeXray is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.