KERSHAW DESIGNS BRUSHLESS MOTORS >

KERSHAW DESIGNS BRUSHLESS MOTORS

KERSHAW DESIGNS BRUSHLESS MOTORS

Old 11-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

extremely curious about those as well.

Originally Posted by RCaddict0 View Post
I have been looking at those, Leapords and the Infinite ones here http://www.okhobby.com/product.php?id_product=1156 at OK Hobby. I see the "Kershaw Designs" and "Orion" "Vorex" ESC's at 1/3 the cost! But I was considering one of these aswell.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Thumbs up

The Leapords were revieweg buy Jang on URC and they passed. Leapord makes Castle, HPI, XE/EX Runs and several other better known brands. So that all sounds promising
Old 11-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Leapord makes Castle, HPI, XE/EX Runs and several other better known brands. So that all sounds promising
I believe your incorrect about castle creations.They have said on other forums that they solely own and run the factory in China and Patrick had made numerous trips to the Chinese factory.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

This is only what I read. The guy told me there "made in China to there specs."
Old 11-29-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

I'm of the opinion that there are only so many manufacturers of these things. I'm guessing 3-4 TOPS. Probably less. Everything is made amongst this limited number of factories, then anodized to whatever color the client (castle, novak, whomever) chooses. I find it highly unlikely that castle OWNS a factory in China. What sense would that make?

There isn't a separate manufacturer for each company. There just isn't. It wouldn't be cost effective to produce this way, and the chinese are rather cost effective in terms of production. So it's ezrun on the night shift and xx high dollar motor seller on the day shift. They'll make a giant run of green, then switch the equipment over and make blue or orange. Same with shoes, jeans, everything else. It's how it is these days.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post
I'm of the opinion that there are only so many manufacturers of these things. I'm guessing 3-4 TOPS. Probably less. Everything is made amongst this limited number of factories, then anodized to whatever color the client (castle, novak, whomever) chooses. I find it highly unlikely that castle OWNS a factory in China. What sense would that make?

There isn't a separate manufacturer for each company. There just isn't. It wouldn't be cost effective to produce this way, and the chinese are rather cost effective in terms of production. So it's ezrun on the night shift and xx high dollar motor seller on the day shift. They'll make a giant run of green, then switch the equipment over and make blue or orange. Same with shoes, jeans, everything else. It's how it is these days.
This sounds right to me. Im not saying that Ezrun and Castle are the "same" motor. Im shure there made to the buyers specs. Like you said..They probably pull out the green and the bearings and wire thst that companies paying for. I worked at a oil company for some time and they made almost every type of oil I knew off. Castrol, BP, Autozone and others. They just shut down after the order and drained lines, changed plastic in molds and made the next brand. I checked that review again and Jang does state that they are the supplier for Castle and Ezrun
Heres the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzO3D7dKSkI
Old 12-02-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lowroad View Post

Sorry -- Castle Holdings (our factory in China) is a WOFE (wholly owned foreign enterprise) owned by Castle Holdings LLC (Kansas Limited Liability company.)

We own the company. We own the machines. We pay the employees in China. We make our own designs, which are designed in Kansas, or designed by Steve Neu in California.

The reason we decided to do this is that we have tight control over quality -- something we can't do if we outsource.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

This sounds right to me. Im not saying that Ezrun and Castle are the "same" motor. Im shure there made to the buyers specs. Like you said..They probably pull out the green and the bearings and wire thst that companies paying for. I worked at a oil company for some time and they made almost every type of oil I knew off. Castrol, BP, Autozone and others. They just shut down after the order and drained lines, changed plastic in molds and made the next brand. I checked that review again and Jang does state that they are the supplier for Castle and Ezrun
Heres the link... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzO3D7dKSkI
I don't know who Jang is, all I can say is he DOESN'T supply Castle -- and if he claims that he does, then he is lying. Leopard also DOES NOT manufacture Traxxas motors, or HPI motors -- we do.

And by the way -- the reason the Leopard motor is "similar" to the Castle motor IS BECAUSE THEY COPIED OUR DESIGN. I met with the owner of Leopard at the Shenzhen show in China, and he admitted that they have copied and "cheapened" all of our motors.

Patrick
Old 12-02-2010, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Red face Sorry about that!

Cool! Well Im very sorry for making statements that were false. I rewatched the review here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzO3D7dKSkI and he does'nt directly say its the same munufacturer as Castle, but does kinda in other ways in the begininng of tape. You might want to let the RC community know that Castle and Leapord are two completely different companies. Heres another video that says "Leapord "AKA" Castle Mamba... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzO3D7dKSkI
I've seen countless forums all over the place and people are saying/thinking there the same manufacturer. Again, Im sorry..
Old 12-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Wow, I just reread my posts... and I sound like such a bastard.

Sorry....
Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdelcast View Post
Wow, I just reread my posts... and I sound like such a bastard.

Sorry....
Why say you're sorry for standing up for your product?
I've been looking at motor/esc combos for my kids B44, I know what I'm going to buy now...Castle!!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Man, that is amazing. Well, let me man up and apologize to you. I had no idea castle actually owned a chinese production facility, and I am sorry I incorrectly implied differently. That's nuts!

Originally Posted by pdelcast View Post
Sorry -- Castle Holdings (our factory in China) is a WOFE (wholly owned foreign enterprise) owned by Castle Holdings LLC (Kansas Limited Liability company.)

We own the company. We own the machines. We pay the employees in China. We make our own designs, which are designed in Kansas, or designed by Steve Neu in California.

The reason we decided to do this is that we have tight control over quality -- something we can't do if we outsource.
Old 12-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Default Its OK bud, I'll still buy Castle.

Its OK! I would get a little offensive if I were you too. You have a well known company with good products and people are stating your motors are actually motors that are basicly the same as these new budget motors are made by some chinese company that makes budget motors like EzRun and others. Well I like the idea that you own your own factory and theres actually real quality control.
Can I have a free Mamba Max ESC since you yelled at me like some bastard? LOL...Joking! Unless I really can get one!
Its worth a try!

Last edited by RCaddict0; 12-03-2010 at 04:02 AM.