R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   New SC10 Wheels from DE Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/434711-new-sc10-wheels-de-racing.html)

DE Racing 09-14-2010 09:01 AM

New SC10 Wheels from DE Racing

5 Attachment(s)
DE Racing “Trinidad” Wheels for the Team Associated SC10

Named after a rugged valley section of the prestigious Baja 500 and 1000 desert races, DE Racing brings you the “Trinidad” SC wheel. The most detailed and scale wheel available for your SC10.

DE Racing specializes in highly innovative performance products and our wheels are no exception. Manufactured in the U.S.A. from the finest possible materials and utilizing an advanced ribbing design, “Trinidad” wheels offer strength and durability while still remaining lightweight. Intended for the highest levels of competition they also feature ROAR legal widths and bead diameters in a one piece glueable design.

Available offsets:

• DER-SCT-ARB For Team Associated SC10 Rear / BLACK
• DER-SCT-AFB For Team Associated SC10 Front / BLACK
• DER-SCT-ARW For Team Associated SC10 Rear / WHITE
• DER-SCT-AFW For Team Associated SC10 Front / WHITE

Wheels feature:

• Realistic scale appearance
• Advanced ribbing design for strength and durability
• Roar legal widths and 2.2 / 3.0 diameters
• Available for front and rear applications
• Made in the U.S.A.

They are available at www.deracing.net

1Fastpede 09-14-2010 09:11 AM

i cant seem to find the order page lol

edit: found it!

Racecrafter 09-14-2010 10:57 AM

Order page right here: :D

http://trackstarrc.com/trackstar/ind...d=65&Itemid=64

mpluis 09-14-2010 01:06 PM

Nice, sounds solid :nod:

T-BirdJunkie 09-14-2010 02:11 PM

1pc wheels made in the US for the SC10?

Sweet!

Are these machined, or is that just a REALLY REALLY nice mold you guys have?

clankiller007 09-14-2010 02:13 PM

how much do they weigh?

DE Racing 09-14-2010 02:28 PM

They are only a 1/2 gram heavier than stock, but crush the stock ones in strength.

lockmouth 09-14-2010 06:04 PM

Will there ever be white hub nutz?? Or have I just over looked them.

flame56mx 09-14-2010 06:46 PM

Look good, will have to try a set..hopefully the are a little stronger, my Kid always seem to be twisting/stripping the stockers.

RT3 09-14-2010 06:56 PM

These look great! Have you tested them thouroughly for the pin area stripping problem that the associated wheels used to have?

Also, will hub nutz work on these?

Will be ordering a batch of these!

Racecrafter 09-14-2010 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Racecrafter (Post 7939344)

Did I mention that these ARE in stock? :D

(Black only right now, White to be released next week)

DE Racing 09-14-2010 08:52 PM

You will always need to be certian the pin is in the groove before tigthening the nut with any wheel. You also need to be sure that they stay tight. Our wheel has 3 grooves instead of 2 so this should be a little easier to line up. The wrenching is up to you. You don't need to go gorilla on them, but make sure they stay snug!

The design of the groove is much better and I'm certian they will not strip out due to high power motors. (WHEN THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE ARE USED)

The SC10 wheels were not designed to work with hub nutz. They just don't work well with this application.

White hub nutz are a possibility, but we have not run any yet. Don't know that there is much interest. Am I wrong?

dishsoap 09-14-2010 09:08 PM

What is the hype about the lug nutz. Do these replace the steel nut that holds the tire on. Are they stronger or something.

racer1812 09-14-2010 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by DE Racing (Post 7941743)
You will always need to be certian the pin is in the groove before tigthening the nut with any wheel. You also need to be sure that they stay tight. Our wheel has 3 grooves instead of 2 so this should be a little easier to line up. The wrenching is up to you. You don't need to go gorilla on them, but make sure they stay snug!

The design of the groove is much better and I'm certian they will not strip out due to high power motors. (WHEN THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE ARE USED)

The SC10 wheels were not designed to work with hub nutz. They just don't work well with this application.

White hub nutz are a possibility, but we have not run any yet. Don't know that there is much interest. Am I wrong?

Originally Posted by dishsoap (Post 7941803)
What is the hype about the lug nutz. Do these replace the steel nut that holds the tire on. Are they stronger or something.

dishsoap~ they just look COOL.

And like DE said you gotta check your nutz!!! Fresh wheel nuts stay tight but after a few uses they tend to lossen. Maybe AE doesn't see a problem because they cater to the racer market who knows and checks this:deathstar

lockmouth 09-15-2010 05:40 AM

White Hub Nutz

Sure your wrong :D The only reason I haven't got a set is because, I use white wheels only an want the matching hub nutz.
Ya got to make them in white... they will sell ;)