Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Mamba Monster in a Blitz >

Mamba Monster in a Blitz

Mamba Monster in a Blitz

Old 09-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mamba Monster in a Blitz

I have the Mamba Pro with the 4600 in my blitz.. I go to the Glamis and other places for fun...

I want it to go faster - Has anyone put a Mamba Monster 2200 in a Blitz? I am just looking for stupid fast, ridiculous power.

I will be running sand tires.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

a mamba monster will only be faster on 4s and up. 2200 kv is not enough for 2-3s. not to mention I don't know that the motor will fit, and it will be very heavy, which creates stress on the driveline. If you need more speed go to 3s and the 4600.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ICrashed View Post
I have the Mamba Pro with the 4600 in my blitz.. I go to the Glamis and other places for fun...

I want it to go faster - Has anyone put a Mamba Monster 2200 in a Blitz? I am just looking for stupid fast, ridiculous power.

I will be running sand tires.
Have to be on your driving game, and have a fast servo for countersteering.. 2wd with power is a handful!

Not a blitz but you can do it.

You will need a 5mm bore 48p pinion or an alternative spur gear. Enlongate the holes on the motor plate and figure out all of your gear ratios in advanced to make sure they fit on your truck.

Pm me if you have any questions

Old 09-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

wouldn't just a 7700 castle motor be easier
Old 09-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R-E-A-P-E-R- View Post
wouldn't just a 7700 castle motor be easier
7700 doest have the torque
Old 12-03-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi all!

I found this thread while google searching for an HPI Blitz with a Mamba Monster system installed.... well we did it! Instead of switching everything to a 48P gearing setup, we swapped the truck to a 32 pitch. Took a Slash 4x4 54t spur, ground off the "nubs" and reamed the center hole to fit the Blitz trans and slipper setup, along with some spacing of suspension components to make the motor fit.

While it is plenty fast with this motor, i do have to recommend NOT doing this! The transmission ate itself on its first 4s session! (although... we are in process of rebuilding for one last "glory run" using a 50 spur and 28 pinion with a pair 3s packs in series. Video will be on my Youtube channel, along with video of the 4s outing. Channel name is the same as my user name here).