R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Help with new electronics for Losi 2.0E

So, had a real bad day at the track. The electrical grimlins were out to get me and there was nothing I could do about it. First time back at the track in about 6 months.

First, power supply leads (at the 120 input cord) shorted.

Then, got a balance port stuck in gear mesh. NO FIRE, but I "THINK" it shorted everything out.

Symptoms, servo is FOR SURE DEAD. Receiver appears to work, is getting power from ESC and appears to bind normally. Have no way to test further at the moment. No throttle response and NO FAN on the esc with power on.

Thoughts? Will have a friend come over with stuff so I can test a bit more.

BUT... worst case scenario, gotta replace ESC / Motor. Stick with the LOSI setup? Or go with something like CC Mamba(which one???)? Any input is greatly appreciated. Performance wise, the stock Losi setup was good for me. I don't need more power, but I certainly don't want any less. A bit more wouldn't bother me, but I don't want overkill
ToddMcM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcM View Post
So, had a real bad day at the track. The electrical grimlins were out to get me and there was nothing I could do about it. First time back at the track in about 6 months.

First, power supply leads (at the 120 input cord) shorted.

Then, got a balance port stuck in gear mesh. NO FIRE, but I "THINK" it shorted everything out.

Symptoms, servo is FOR SURE DEAD. Receiver appears to work, is getting power from ESC and appears to bind normally. Have no way to test further at the moment. No throttle response and NO FAN on the esc with power on.

Thoughts? Will have a friend come over with stuff so I can test a bit more.

BUT... worst case scenario, gotta replace ESC / Motor. Stick with the LOSI setup? Or go with something like CC Mamba(which one???)? Any input is greatly appreciated. Performance wise, the stock Losi setup was good for me. I don't need more power, but I certainly don't want any less. A bit more wouldn't bother me, but I don't want overkill
iMO the MMM combo is the most durable, best system out there for a 1/8.. with that said many like the Tekin and a few even like that newer hobbywing system. Your current motor should hold up, I'd just snag a MMM esc off ebay or this forum (sell area) and swap it out and be done w/ it. I've been running MMM's v3 racing weekly since they released and I've yet to burn or have an issue with a single one. I use a double thick layer of 3M Heavy Duty (grey stuff) mounting tape I get from staples and not only does it hold it in place w/o extra straps (not that a zip tie is a bad idea) but it gives it enough cusion so it doesn't beat the electronics out jumping the crazy big jumps found on most tracks these days.