Tech Elite

Default Kyosho Inferno VE

http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/cars/in...part_num=30875

I like it.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Growing is good!

Wow, this segment is growing fast!

I wonder who will come out with the first 1/8-E designed chassis/kit from the ground-up for this segment???

BRC
Old 08-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prostock
Wow, this segment is growing fast!

I wonder who will come out with the first 1/8-E designed chassis/kit from the ground-up for this segment???

BRC
the kyosho is the first built from ground up
Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Actually the E hyper 9 was. This Kyosho is a budget entry. Stamped towers cheap shocks. RTR etc.... entry level stuff. Not race ready IMO. It looks nothing like the E - MP9 that Cody King is racing.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

wow nice to see orion in the 1/8 market!

Last edited by nv529; 08-01-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

Yes,

That's what I'm talking about, not just another conversion. I would like to see some more radical designs come out for this segment!

BRC

Originally Posted by racer357
Actually the E hyper 9 was. This Kyosho is a budget entry. Stamped towers cheap shocks. RTR etc.... entry level stuff. Not race ready IMO. It looks nothing like the E - MP9 that Cody King is racing.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

caster racing ex-1 was the first....
Old 08-01-2009, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not bad, well done Kyosho, Ultimate Buggy would have to be a MP9 Brushless, hopefully they bring that out
Old 08-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc rock
caster racing ex-1 was the first....
Not really, still just a conversion, no slip kit etc. Losi 8ight-E was on the shelves before the caster was
Old 08-01-2009, 11:44 PM
JD
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by B.A. Racer
the kyosho is the first built from ground up
Seriously..... its a 4 year old car with a motor mount and battery tray added on, looks like a POS like the other Kyosho "SPORTS" cars. looks like there just trying to get rid of some old parts laying arround.....
Old 08-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

JD, I've been in the RC business for a lot of years, and the last few of them have been for Kyosho. Everyone has their opinions and I respect that, but I don't respect the kind of nonsense that you just posted.

This particular version of the car is based on the ready-to-run chassis, which dealers have told us overwhelmingly to keep the essential features the same instead of having to change their entire parts wall on a regular basis. So, being based on a World Championship winning car isn't a bad start, and the "old parts" that you suggest we're just trying to "get rid off" are fresh production. It's not the same technology as the MP9 but it's the foundation for more knock-offs than any car in the history of RC. Drivers on other teams are STILL using the same diff gears, housings, axles and many other parts that you'll find on this car in their front-line racing machines. So, to say that this is just some POS shows that you're not very educated about the hobby. That's not intended as a dig, just giving my honest opinion. There are a lot of people that have been in the hobby for decades that can tell you how Kyosho vehicles have influenced this class. There are a lot of great machines out there, and Kyosho happens to make a couple of them. You comments are an unfair characterization of Kyosho's products and their commitment to their customer. I hope that if you had the chance to think more about what you posted, that you might chose your words a little differently next time around.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Love the Z bend wire steering linkage.
Old 08-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
JD, I've been in the RC business for a lot of years, and the last few of them have been for Kyosho. Everyone has their opinions and I respect that, but I don't respect the kind of nonsense that you just posted.

This particular version of the car is based on the ready-to-run chassis, which dealers have told us overwhelmingly to keep the essential features the same instead of having to change their entire parts wall on a regular basis. So, being based on a World Championship winning car isn't a bad start, and the "old parts" that you suggest we're just trying to "get rid off" are fresh production. It's not the same technology as the MP9 but it's the foundation for more knock-offs than any car in the history of RC. Drivers on other teams are STILL using the same diff gears, housings, axles and many other parts that you'll find on this car in their front-line racing machines. So, to say that this is just some POS shows that you're not very educated about the hobby. That's not intended as a dig, just giving my honest opinion. There are a lot of people that have been in the hobby for decades that can tell you how Kyosho vehicles have influenced this class. There are a lot of great machines out there, and Kyosho happens to make a couple of them. You comments are an unfair characterization of Kyosho's products and their commitment to their customer. I hope that if you had the chance to think more about what you posted, that you might chose your words a little differently next time around.
I think the point some are trying to make is that all the cars and trucks that are being released into the e-1/8 market are cars and trucks that are being built from current models, sort of frankensteined from the parts bins so to speak.What most are waiting for is something TRULY designed from the ground up specifically FOR e-1/8 racing.A slipper clutch would save on drive train woes drastically and so far the only 2 Mans. that have attempted it were the slipperential, and the Tekno conversion using the clutch system to soften the blows to the drivetrain.Also being electric powered a sealed drivetrain IS 100% posible to eliminate pinion and spur damage due to dust and debris.The only ones to attempt this so far are MRC/Academy.Sorry,but this is a HUGE fail for a company that has a current 1/8 platform to build from,but chose a platform that a racer can pick up for next to nothing because it's "last years model", and convert it themselves and drop much less coin to do it.I think a e- converted MP9 would have been much more accepted and profitable for the company, just due to the guys that are running the mp9 in nitro classes who could use a common parts bin.But instead they now will have to buy another set of spare parts to keep on hand to run this car, which is especially sad when alot of them sold their 7.5's whem the MP9 came out to upgrade to new technology.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AE_SC_Racing
Not really, still just a conversion, no slip kit etc. Losi 8ight-E was on the shelves before the caster was
You sure about that? As i recall that I could purchase and have in my hand the caster before the losi was available.

As for still being a conversion, define what would make an electric 1/8 scale no longer a "Conversion". As at some point, you could just argue that a vehicle that has any suspension components from the 1/8 scale counter part is just a "conversion". Heck even the vehicle I feel is a great 1/8 electric entry based on its layout compared to what look like more direct conversions, the Hyper 9E, has the parts available to just convert the Hyper 9 nitro vehicle.

2wdMod does have a point.

Ultmately, its great Kyosho has something out, and hopefully they will figure to make an option for those who want an MP9.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:29 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Well, the 9E doesn't look like it was designed as an afterthought. Ofna really took their time to design a new chassis with a really streamlined electronics layout. It doesn't "look" like a converion at all.

Caster also came out with a new chassis for their electric version. Certainly more effort than just slapping on a motor mount and a battery tray like the RC8 and 8ight. Before anyone criticizes, I love my 8ight, especially since the drivetrain is already offset from the nitro version. Handles great for me, but I would like to try a 9E.

The Kyosho doesn't look like anything special. They'll only have a real winner on their hands if its priced the same or cheaper than the Caster. The motor seems a bit slow... It will probably be right at home with a 5S lipo but the ESC can't handle that. I don't know, maybe it has tons of torque and is geared tall...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.