Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how should i set up my truck??

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 07:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default how should i set up my truck??

i have a team losi xxx-t spec . i want to get in to raceing at my local track and i need to no what motor i should run,i use 1500-1700 batterys thats thats what they use to race a my track i need to no what motor will give good top and low end power,speed too. it would have to last about 6-8 min on those batterys too . the speed controle is goin to be an explorerII .and what size gears should i use?????
Old 04-04-2002, 08:40 PM
Tech Rookie

IF your new to racing, just learn to drive first. Check out some other Losi drivers car and ask to see what they're running. Spec class runs certain motors for them so ask at the track. If your running "stock" class use a good stock motor of major name brand. I run the P2K series, they have tons of low end torq that's needed for the truck. Stay away from the P2K2 (black can) it's a high rpm motor and is more suite for the buggy. If you could describe what kind of track your running on and track surface that's important info for "set up."

Randy
Old 04-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Tech Rookie

the track is compact clay with a little loose clay on top a .the clay sticks to the tires a little