Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
ESC Q AND A please >

ESC Q AND A please

ESC Q AND A please

Old 08-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default ESC Q AND A please

Hay guys whats up, need to know what does bec do? I have a mm ecs for the 1/8, what the prob is the ecs will just shut down for a sec or so i put a new fan in because the stock fan stinks went through 3 of them, should run the motor brake or get a bec I dont know what to do, went through 2 steering servos but that was due to the servo saver. HELP please im lost again
Old 08-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

BEC is just a device that takes battery voltage and reduces it to a set voltage (like the internal BEC inside an esc) or has some adjustability as far as setting the output voltage (like Castle's BECs).
Old 08-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Duster_360 View Post
BEC is just a device that takes battery voltage and reduces it to a set voltage (like the internal BEC inside an esc) or has some adjustability as far as setting the output voltage (like Castle's BECs).
should I get one just because, or is the stock one fine