R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-20-2010, 10:34 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default SC10 FT fit for abuse?

Hello!

I want to get into sc racing, there is a new indoor dirt track nearby for 1/10 racing. I plan on mainly using this sc on the track, but when i bash i am rather abusive (20-30 foot jumps on gravel).
i am very tempted by the sc10 ft cause i love kits but i dont like stocking spares and wrenching when i'm out for a drive. My contenpder would be the blitz rtr, the ese seems too brittle. do the ft upgrades fix the weaknesses apart the front bumper and a-arms, which i'd rpm?

thanks a lot in advance for what must bee a nearly 10th repetition, though the first whith the FT.
hoousi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:08 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoousi View Post
Hello!

I want to get into sc racing, there is a new indoor dirt track nearby for 1/10 racing. I plan on mainly using this sc on the track, but when i bash i am rather abusive (20-30 foot jumps on gravel).
i am very tempted by the sc10 ft cause i love kits but i dont like stocking spares and wrenching when i'm out for a drive. My contenpder would be the blitz rtr, the ese seems too brittle. do the ft upgrades fix the weaknesses apart the front bumper and a-arms, which i'd rpm?

thanks a lot in advance for what must bee a nearly 10th repetition, though the first whith the FT.
If you're jumping it 20-30ft then I surely would get a Slash instead, they can take that stuff. The first time I nailed the throttle and made mine fly about 7 feet in the air and come down flat, the rear chassis brace snapped. I was admittedly showing off after a win with my new brushless motor.

The SC10 is a race truck, not a bash truck. If you want to abuse something, get a Slash. If you want something that races better than the Slash but bashes better than the SC10, get a Blitz(NOT the ESE version).
Duratraxx Vendetta SC Hobbywing 25A ESC, Tacon 4300KV motor
Driver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Tech Legend

I routinely jump my Ae Short Bus more the 40 ft every day ....

Sometimes I drive it down N/w Crystal Mountain Mt Bk trails & ford steams with big rocks too...

Next week ?

Mt Rainier ....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Cherry View Post
I routinely jump my Ae Short Bus more the 40 ft every day ....

Sometimes I drive it down N/w Crystal Mountain Mt Bk trails & ford steams with big rocks too...

Next week ?

Mt Rainier ....
what is a short bus? shure sounds sturdy.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver86 View Post
If you're jumping it 20-30ft then I surely would get a Slash instead, they can take that stuff. The first time I nailed the throttle and made mine fly about 7 feet in the air and come down flat, the rear chassis brace snapped. I was admittedly showing off after a win with my new brushless motor.

The SC10 is a race truck, not a bash truck. If you want to abuse something, get a Slash. If you want something that races better than the Slash but bashes better than the SC10, get a Blitz(NOT the ESE version).
with the blitz? though the rear brace seems to be the big week point. i was just hoping the ft may be super sturdy or at least comparable. shlash no go, as i said, mainly race track. for hard bashing i'll probably have to fix the broken chassis of my erbe...

thanks for your superquick comments!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoousi View Post
with the blitz? though the rear brace seems to be the big week point. i was just hoping the ft may be super sturdy or at least comparable. shlash no go, as i said, mainly race track. for hard bashing i'll probably have to fix the broken chassis of my erbe...

thanks for your superquick comments!
Good idea, leave the SC10 on the track and use something else to bash with.
Duratraxx Vendetta SC Hobbywing 25A ESC, Tacon 4300KV motor
Driver86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:04 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have two SC10's, one for racing and one for bashing. I have bashed the heck out of the one and it hasn't broken one part in a year. I do have the RPM parts, but I have really abused the thing. The SC10 makes a great basher in my opinion.
TYLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
Tech Regular

+1
i bash mine hard as , still stock arms and plastic ae parts and have not busted one thing . they can take a lot of bashing , well what i call bashing which is super hard driving but i wouldnt wanna go slamming into walls and trees and stuff , other than that the sc10 is a good basher.

c/F SC10 -- C/f MS MBX"carbon-R" -- c/f nitro-kart
sly6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
Tech Adept

now that sounds good, so it is bashable! Anyhow I intend to use it as a spare basher when Im in the mountains for a weekend, when number one breaks..

Thanks to your responses I took the plunge and ordered the sc10ft at amain before they run out, though the blitz was in my shopping cart for a week, but nothing beats building a kit and seeing it fly (to pieces ) afterwards!
Old 08-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #10
Tech Regular

people look at the front end of a sc10 and go, whao how weak does it look thats gunna break so easy . but ya have to think about how light the car is . mines like just 2 kgs and when it flips hard and rolls and stuff theres not much force on it , driving into a tree is a dif story . just think how heavy a 1/8 nitro buggy is or a revo , thats why there parts are beefed up .

c/F SC10 -- C/f MS MBX"carbon-R" -- c/f nitro-kart
sly6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #11
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think you made a good choice. I've beat the crap out of my spare and only broken the stuff that deserved to brake.

The other big deal is beign able to get associated parts everywhere. Really, who cars if a front a arm brakes when replacements are at 5 different local shops and cost 6.00???
rcannon409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I use my SC10 only for bashing in my backyard and in parking lots. Jumps and crashes never stoped the SC10. Only broke the stock steering servo so far after many months of abuses...
Old 08-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My son and I are really tough on the SC10 and it holds up well. I broke a front A arm and then just bought RPMs all around and haven't broken a part since. The only other mods are Ti turnbuckles & RPM rod ends,and RPM Bumper/Skid combo.
Steve. is offline   Reply With Quote