R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs down Castle Support a JOKE!

Okay...I've been silent about this for long enough. I thought that I'd be NICE and let Castle make good on their WARRANTY...but enough is ENOUGH!!!

My buddy PanicRev and I have the exact same motor/esc combo in our RC8Be's. The third time we took them out his ESC (MMM) smoked!

I'll spare you the minute-by-minute replay and details. The shortened story is that it smoked and he and I live in Kansas City and CASTLE is only about a 30 minute drive for either of us. So we drove to Castle to return his ESC. They set us up with a Tech guy who confirmed that it had smoked (we took his whole buggy so they could see it wasn't his fault).

True to what we had heard, they said it was a warranty and said that they would replace it...IN 3 WEEKS!!!! WHAT???? We were standing in the office right above the warehouse where they MAKE the ESC's and you just KNOW that they had at least a couple whole pallets FULL of the things and yet they said it would take 3 weeks to get him his ESC. Both of us were ****ed about it...in asking they said that YES they DID have ESC's on-hand but they were spoken for to fill retail orders. So they had HIS money already...instead of helping HIM...they decided that it was more important to fill orders that would get them someone else's money FIRST!!!???

This might interest those of you who have E buggies with Castle ESC's too...they said that the BEC had most likely smoked. Apparently (although I've seen people post before that the V3 monster ESC has a 6.0 BEC and that the specs just hadn't been updated...wrong) the BEC is indeed 5.5volts....no idea WHY that is. They told us both that his HiTech servo pulled a solid 6.0volts or even more at times. In other words...they said that his 6.0 volt SERVO had most likely caused the BEC to smoke!!!! WHAT????!!!!! BY the way...they sold us each an EXTERNAL BEC which is what they recommended to us to avoid further problems...so of course we each bought one. Funny...they had plenty of them on hand

In any case...today marks exactly 3 weeks to the day that we visited Castle Creations and they told him it would be 3 weeks. So since he hadn't heard a word from Castle he decided to CALL them. Guess what? 3 MORE weeks!!!!??? WHAT???!!!

I am posting this in the hope that I can save some of the rest of you the TROUBLE of dealing with Castle treating their customers this way. If you have a Castle ESC and haven't had a problem with it...Please IGNORE this thread (or at least SAVE us the fight of having you post that we are simply bashing Castle...if it can happen to US...it can happen to YOU too). If you have had similar dealings with Castle PLEASE post your story in this thread and maybe together we can help educate the masses on how Castle does business.

Personally...if Castle hadn't told me that they make TEKIN's ESC's too...then I'd have already sold my MMM and bought a Tekin RX8. YES...they told me that they make TEKIN's ESC's or at least the parts. So now...where is a guy to turn who doesn't want to support a manufacturer who treats their customers like this?

Please repost this if you are a member of another large RC-related forum. From now on I'll be sharing this info with everyone I meet at every track I go to. If Castle thinks that they can treat their EXHISTING customers like crap and sell our replacement parts to NEW or repeat customers instead of taking care of their warranty repairs like they have PROMISED to do...they have another thing coming!!!

AE B44FT - Orion Vector Pro 8.5t - Ko Propo BMC Pro Mod
AE SC10 4x4 - Castle/Neu 1410 3800kv - Castle MMP
*Airtronics* * *JConcepts* *Sticky Kicks* *SAVOX*

Last edited by pvalenti; 08-19-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well I can understand time being long, but most of their electronic parts are gotten from outside the US. That being said, it is possible that they are missing parts to build controllers. Besides that, you can't just expect that because you live close to them that you have priority over others. Retail stores have had their stuff ordered already. Why should they give you one of theirs? Maybe i missed something in what you said but things happen and I have never heard anything but good about their service.
MT4
MUGEN|CASTLE CREATIONS|AIRTRONICS|ASSOCIATED|TEKIN|TRINITY|OCRC RACEWAY
Old 08-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

But even three weeks is a strech for service. I just ordered a MMpro also... ??
Old 08-19-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

This thread is a joke ! COME ON !
Old 08-19-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashemSmashem View Post
This thread is a joke ! COME ON !
+1
Old 08-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Don't think you are going to get a lot of Castle bashing stories here.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4 Razer View Post
Well I can understand time being long, but most of their electronic parts are gotten from outside the US. That being said, it is possible that they are missing parts to build controllers. Besides that, you can't just expect that because you live close to them that you have priority over others. Retail stores have had their stuff ordered already. Why should they give you one of theirs? Maybe i missed something in what you said but things happen and I have never heard anything but good about their service.
So then...you think it's OKAY that Castle tells him it'll take 3 weeks (which we were willing to accept...begrudgingly because others had told us that Castle would replace stuff on the spot)....and when 3 weeks passes and they hadn't bothered to get ahold him...you think it's OKAY for them not to have cared enough to CALL him and tell him that they hadn't forgotten about him, and update him on the time it would take to replace his ESC?

Explain if you will how the heck that makes SENSE to you? I'm not trying to argue with you or start anything at all. Just trying to understand how you think that it's OKAY?

Old 08-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
Tech Addict

They have been good to me.. do they turn it around in a week... no. Most 1/8th guys have backup ESC and motors.. its just a fact right now.

But from what i have seen and read on here they are one of the most rugged 1/8th ESC...

And yes it would of been nice to walk out of the factory with one...
Dnano
Old 08-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Maybe you should swap over to novak. Have fun with their warranty policy
Old 08-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Look at their site, It says current lead time is 3 weeks then right below (replacement time will vary with stock levels) Whats their to be mad about....Castle I'm sure has way to much work on their hand's to send e-mails out on every return giving the customer updates.....

If you want an ETA just keep checking in with them.... Taking 3 minutes to make a phone call or send an email won't inconvenience anyone.

It would be awesome to get updates but I don't expect any company to let me know about my return unless they have shipped it.
Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERBOY View Post
Look at thier site, It says current lead time is 3 weeks then right below (replacement time will vary with stock levels) Whats their to be mad about....Castle I'm sure has way to much work on their hand's to send e-mails out on every return giving the customer updates.....

If you want an ETA just keep checking in with them.... Taking 3 minutes to make a phone call or send an email won't inconvenience anyone.

It would be awesome to get updates but I don't expect any company to let me know about my return unless they have shipped it.
+1
Old 08-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #12
Tech Adept

Thumbs down

I haven't had any problems with my own ESC either...but we are HOBBY guys...not pros. We've got enough money (don't need to tell you guys that) into our buggies already without spending an extra $150 for a backup ESC!

I'm just mad that they are treating my friend this way. 6 weeks to replace a WARRANTY item is REDICULOUS, I don't care WHO you are! I can GUARANTEE if he was a PRO that they would have taken care of him already...ON THE SPOT. So why then should they be commended for treating a hobbyist any different?

Does it REALLY make sense to you guys (the ones that are acting as if I started a Chevy trucks are crap thread) that they can treat someone like this? Do you REALLY expect that he just double over and take it? COME ON GUYS!

I'm NOT trying to start a BASHING thread at all...that is NOT my aim. My aim IS however to get Castle to MAN THE HECK UP and take care of their customers!

Old 08-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I find this funny.....If you friend hasn't posted anything since it's his speed control....he must not be that mad???????
Old 08-19-2010, 03:20 PM   #14
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by supafastsupra2 View Post
Maybe you should swap over to novak. Have fun with their warranty policy
LOL...don't even get me started on NOVAK! Been there done that...had one of their spiffy little motors in my Slash 4x4...it was down more than it was up! That IS a good joke though!!! lol

Old 08-19-2010, 03:21 PM   #15
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvalenti View Post
We've got enough money (don't need to tell you guys that) into our buggies already without spending an extra $150 for a backup ESC
it sucks but thats the way 1/8th brushless is at this point.. in a year or two im sure it will be better. but if you cant deal with that then look into 10th scale. that stuff seems to be sorted out.
Dnano
Closed Thread