Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
motors stalls when car lands >

motors stalls when car lands

motors stalls when car lands

Old 08-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default motors stalls when car lands

after about 3 or 4 minutes of running, my 1/8 ep buggy starts to stall for a second or two whenever it lands both from big or small jumps ..does it have anything to do with heat issues? the car finishes 9-minute qualis and mains although it starts to suffer that stalling problem probably when the temp starts to climb..but it happens most of the time only on landings.. after 9mins of running temp usually reads 170*F to 180.. need your inputs pls
thanks
Old 08-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Poster a reply to this in Radio and Electronics forum.....
Old 08-15-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by J-Force View Post
after about 3 or 4 minutes of running, my 1/8 ep buggy starts to stall for a second or two whenever it lands both from big or small jumps ..does it have anything to do with heat issues? the car finishes 9-minute qualis and mains although it starts to suffer that stalling problem probably when the temp starts to climb..but it happens most of the time only on landings.. after 9mins of running temp usually reads 170*F to 180.. need your inputs pls
thanks
When you say stall do you mean motor kinda shutters? From the drivers stand almost sounds like gears grinding a little?

Reason I ask is it just happened to mine last weekend and it was a loose wire on my brushless motor. intermitantly 1 of the 3 motor wires was loosing connection and causing the 3 phase motor to shutter without moving forward or backwards.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

check ur sensor wire
Old 08-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the comments guys.. the car would stop as if power was cut off very briefly for about a second or two and then it will run again as normal.. then after a couple of laps it will recur mostly on the same spots.. as i said, this would happen perhaps after 4mins run..and for a 9min heat, it would occur 4 to 5 times on same spots but not on flat areas of the track, usually on landings

i think the solders are fine and so is the sensor cable .. would it be the deans plug? receiver? if it was power cut off, it would have taken longer than 2 secs to get back, right? sometimes it takes no more than 2 secs to run again..btw im runnin the SP Cirtix 2200kv R8 esc.. got not fan on the motor, would putting fan help solve this? thanks folks