Wiki Posts
Search

rc8 rc monster conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default rc8 rc monster conversion question

Just curious to know what people think of the rc monster conversion in general? This is what I am thinking... I could be way off here so let me know your opinion on it. I'm currently running an ae conversion but I use the rc elite motor mount and I've been happy with it, however I want to switch to my 6s and 1550 tekin motor the 6s is massive 900grams or something crazy. I bought it just to try to see how good of run time I could get. I need a new chassis. What I have in mind is use the rc monster chassis, my elite motor mount (better mount but shift the weight over a little from what I understand) Still mount the rx over the center front and put the esc next to the servo on the right side also. So all my electronics are on one side, then because of the larger tray I'll be able to move my battery back for balance and I know it will still be a little heavy on one side but I think it will be closer and I can deal. (no I'm not worried about the over all weight, obviously this is for endurance and is a heavy setup.) let me know what you think just an idea always tinkering.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

youll like the rc-monster chassis and tray alot, you can even order the kit minus the motor mount which you already have.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What kind of Mah are you talking about?

I ran a 6s 5000mah (750grams) I lasted 28mins using tekin 1550 motor. I am using a Rc monster mount.

Any questions you can ask me I drive for Rc monster.

Now I am using 6s 3800-4200 Lipo.

Originally Posted by hontrx265r
Just curious to know what people think of the rc monster conversion in general? This is what I am thinking... I could be way off here so let me know your opinion on it. I'm currently running an ae conversion but I use the rc elite motor mount and I've been happy with it, however I want to switch to my 6s and 1550 tekin motor the 6s is massive 900grams or something crazy. I bought it just to try to see how good of run time I could get. I need a new chassis. What I have in mind is use the rc monster chassis, my elite motor mount (better mount but shift the weight over a little from what I understand) Still mount the rx over the center front and put the esc next to the servo on the right side also. So all my electronics are on one side, then because of the larger tray I'll be able to move my battery back for balance and I know it will still be a little heavy on one side but I think it will be closer and I can deal. (no I'm not worried about the over all weight, obviously this is for endurance and is a heavy setup.) let me know what you think just an idea always tinkering.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default runtime

what runtime do you get with the 4200 and how much does it weigh? This is a turnigy 5000 I'm going to weigh it tonight. I'm going to order the chassis tonight. I have a different idea for a servo tray so I'm going to skip that.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hontrx265r
what runtime do you get with the 4200 and how much does it weigh? This is a turnigy 5000 I'm going to weigh it tonight. I'm going to order the chassis tonight. I have a different idea for a servo tray so I'm going to skip that.
It can run about 20mins with 6s 4200 n 1550kv geared 41mph at race day.

But my mains are only 10mins.