rc8e vs ve8

Old 08-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default rc8e vs ve8

yes!! another 'which one is mo betta?' thread!!!!

here is my debate.
im looking into an 1/8 electric. i currently have a 8ight 2.0 nitro but i dont really want to convert it. id like to keep it nitro.
i do not have the funds for another losi. they are like 550 to 600 and i do not need the motor/esc

im budgeting about 300 for a roller.
my top priorities are "easy or low maintainance" and durability.
i have never driven or really ever played with a hotbodies. i really dont know much about them.
pictures on the internet dont tell me much about durability or how hard it is to pull out diffs or blah blah.
i have an associated b4 and im pretty happy with it. thats about the extent of my relationship with associated.

id love to hear your thoughts on either. good and bad.
i appreciate the time
c
Old 08-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

If you are used to the 2.0 then I would look for another 2.0. I would just try to find a good used one and go from there. The 2 cars you are looking at handle very different and it may disrupt your driving style. Both are very good buggies as I own a VE8 and had a RC8BE and sold it. When you start mixing brands you are going to have different setups to deal with and also lot more $$ in parts. If you are set on a different buggy I would see if you could fine someone to let you drive both and make your decision from that. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

In a perfect world, id prefer to have a 2.0e
i just have not seen any come thru the FS: for my price range
:9
Old 08-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I can't compare the two, but I can tell you what I know about the VE8. I feel like the car handles great. Turn in is good and the car stays very planted (it is heavy). Seems to jump well and despite the seemingly out of balance chassis set up, it stays nice and level. I have not had mine long enough to comment on wear and tear, but I have yet to brake anything despite some cartwheels and sliding into a wall. Some have commented on the rear hubs being the weakest part of the car. Battery choice is somewhat limited, but since more and more batteries are appearing, that is less of a problem. Price is great and the quality is OK. I would love the chassis to be rethought and more set up like the HHH chassis, but I have not had an issue with the stock one.

I thought about getting the RC8Be as well and went with the VE8 instead. I also like the Caster 1.5R. I don't think you will be disappointed with either car. They are both popular and capable.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

VE8's plastic is soft and wears quick, and the chassis is prone to breakage, many people end up spending as much or more on the HHH chassis than they did on the car, that being said; it's cheap and handles great. I'm putting togeather an rc8e right now so don't have good info yet but parts are easy to come by.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by msedsp View Post
VE8's plastic is soft and wears quick, and the chassis is prone to breakage, many people end up spending as much or more on the HHH chassis than they did on the car, that being said; it's cheap and handles great. I'm putting togeather an rc8e right now so don't have good info yet but parts are easy to come by.
Not true...With the purchase of the aluminum skids and HB's revised chassis, I and many others have had no issues. I myself have driven both and much rather prefer the VE8.