Wiki Posts
Search

What kit to get for my wife?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default What kit to get for my wife?

Ok - I have a small window of opportunity here... My wife sounds mildly interested in letting me build her a car just for her so she can go to the track with me and have some fun. This means I could get more track time.

So, I need to know what I should get for her. It has to be really easy to drive and least likely to flip over or get stuck.

I don't think a SCT would be "cute" enough for her but a 1/10 truck might be perfect because they're pretty easy to drive and harder to flip over or get the nose stuck under a pipe. However, a 4wd might be a better bet since they're the easiest to drive.

What do you guys think? Any other tips for getting the wife into RC, besides a girly-painted body?
Old 08-15-2010, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i reckon your biggest issue is finding a new chain for your wife that can reach from kitchen/bedroom to the track.
And then with a long chain, how can you stop her going to other places.

Sounds like a bad idea to me
Old 08-15-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

get what you like because she is just saying it ,and in the end you are gonna end up with it.Boys play with cars -girls play with dolls.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Ftt4
Old 08-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

I'd get a 4x4 SC and put a Custom Painted Body in Pink or her Favorite Color on it. Easy to drive, hard to break and women only care what it looks like on the outside. If it's shiny and pretty she'll like it. I see quite a few women racing these days. Only problem is, if she get's good and starts kicking your azz you'll have to live with that too..
Old 08-15-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

get her the kit that contains the non stick frying pan, as well as the saucepans.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:07 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default wife

Unless ur Adam Drake, keep her at home!!!!!!!! There's a leash law for wife's at the track. Hahahahaha . I tell my wife to wear a low cut tank top an mini skirt when she corner- marshall's so I can win!!!!!! But it has yet to happen.

But for real I got my wife a 2wd drive slash and start from there. Ask ur self, can she drive?

If she breaks it tell her, she got to fix it.

Last edited by LOSIRACER77; 08-15-2010 at 05:18 AM.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:14 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

for 7yrs we've been together she's actually told me if no1 else is at the track that she'd try a low powered electric car. no nitro nothing insane. the only time i got to point of handing her the remote, literally puttin the battery in the car, another person showed up to practice. game over.

yeh its not a great idea unless she openly take the remote and asks to drive and keeps on doin it, then go out an get a car. like man above said, she knows ur doin this b/c it makes you happy and that she means a ton to you b/c you want her to enjoy what you enjoy together. beyond that, eh u should pass.

R
Old 08-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mdowney
Ok - I have a small window of opportunity here... My wife sounds mildly interested in letting me build her a car just for her so she can go to the track with me and have some fun. This means I could get more track time.

So, I need to know what I should get for her. It has to be really easy to drive and least likely to flip over or get stuck.

I don't think a SCT would be "cute" enough for her but a 1/10 truck might be perfect because they're pretty easy to drive and harder to flip over or get the nose stuck under a pipe. However, a 4wd might be a better bet since they're the easiest to drive.

What do you guys think? Any other tips for getting the wife into RC, besides a girly-painted body?
Go back and look at your ''wife owners manual'' There is no section that says anything about cars. Eventually your boss AHHH....... ! sorry I meant wife, will allow you to go racing as a reward for something good you do. Like work on or around the house or whatever. When you have a child it gets worst ......for the first six months .....YOU will Not be allowed to go racing and you will keep hearing the phrase: ''don't you want to spend time with your son /daughter''? Around the six month period you and your wife will be so sick of being in each other feet that SHE will actually tell you to go racing just to get some alone time away from you. This is a good period to keep telling her that all your hobby stuff is so that you can pass it down to your kid...(you use this as an excuse to also buy some stuff here and there with out looking like a selfish kid your self.) Eventually if she is a half way fair wife ,she will agree to let you go racing every other week and this will be your regular routine......once a woman has a child she really does not want to do anything other than spend time with child- you will be in the way most of the time. get used to her making fun of ''your ''toys (race cars) -she will tell her friends and family that you play with cars....toy cars.You will try to defend yourself and try to explain that it is a real hobby and bla bla bla but in the end any body that you try to defend your hobby to will walk away thinking you have a screw loose.Yes my friend this is a hard choice we have made but thats who we are.Soldier on buddy and please remember not to use the word cute and short course in the same sentence.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:43 AM

Default wifes

Hey guys how many of u ever fight over racing with the wife???? DONT EVER-EVER TELL HER. The racing was here before she was!!!!! Cause it was a long time before I ever saw her in the mood!!!!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm in the same boat you are. My gf comes with me to the track and finally started showing some interest, but I won't let her break... I mean, drive, my car. My plan of attack is starting with ordering a t4 ft and have her build it, with my supervision and advice, this way, she knows somewhat about the car incase something breaks. Also, ill paint her a body to her liking. I figure this way, if she for whatever reason, doesn't like it, or can't make it, it will give me a viable option to race another class on raceday. I have all sorts of old brushed and cell'ed electronics so I have that end covered. Also, planning on picking up a used m8 for her and going spektrum for easy transfer of drivers on those days she's not there.

I do see where others are coming from about keeping them away from the track, but how cool is it to be able to talk/teach rc to your lady and have them listen instead of think your a ra-tard?.......we just can't ever peat them beat us, we will never hear the end of it! If she gets fast, back to the kitchen pronto! Lol.

Good luck man, and keep me posted on any tips u learn!
Old 08-15-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Man if my wife started hanging around the track she would figure out that these cars cost more than fourty to fifty bucks each. Thats what I've been telling her all these years.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Harry Sachs
Man if my wife started hanging around the track she would figure out that these cars cost more than fourty to fifty bucks each. Thats what I've been telling her all these years.
Yeah u would be screwed! !!!!!!
Old 08-15-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I just got my wife a slash and she loves it, she comes to the track every other Friday. Just get something slow and durable with local parts support.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Harry Sachs
Yeah u would be screwed! !!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.