Wiki Posts
Search

XTM Racing Rail

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)
Default XTM Racing Rail

What in the world was XTM thinking when building this ugly buggy? It's overpriced and some of the parts look like junk. I say fire all your engineers and marketing staff that worked on this project for wasting time and money. Good luck selling this one.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It doesnt look much different than a baja
Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I guess that's one point of view....... sounds like you really didn't like owning
one of these. Did you have a hard time selling your's?
Old 08-13-2010, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
It doesnt look much different than a baja
You're like

joking

Right?
Old 08-13-2010, 03:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive got over $1500 into my race ready RC8BE and I would never run it on anything but indoor clay, so for $500 ARTR this looks like it would be a great alternative for outdoor bashing. With that industrial strength speed controll and dual fan cooled brushless motor, it looks like a great basher! Lol! Watch the video on AMain! Couple of D-Bags! Lol

It does look like fun out of the box! I'm surprised xtm beet Hpi to the punch on this one!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So...did the OP in this thread actually own one of these. I was actually thinking of picking one of these up. I like the rail look for a change of pace to my other 1/8 buggies and thought this would be a fun basher. Would like to here from someone who actually owned one.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ThunderbirdJunkie owned its distant long-lost cousin the X-terminator. It was a good buggy.

Can't say anything for anything but the drivetrain, but the buggy itself was STOUT.

Definitely missing it
Old 08-14-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Someone at the track bought this buggy last week. It's the nitro version, but the chasis is the same. He broke the roll cage in his first laps and he drove it very carefully lol.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
Someone at the track bought this buggy last week. It's the nitro version, but the chasis is the same. He broke the roll cage in his first laps and he drove it very carefully lol.
Well there's the problem! The only time I seem to break things is when I'm trying to drive too carefully
Old 08-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)

I'm surprised xtm beet Hpi to the punch on this one!

HPI knows the market if they wanted something like this it would of been done a long time ago.

Q: So...did the OP in this thread actually own one of these. A: No way

Q: Would like to here from someone who actually owned one.
A: That will be tough if nobody buys one.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Three have already been sold in my area, and awaiting a second batch to arrive. Since the first were gone in a few day's.

Already have seen a stock one 4s, and yes it's fast, durable, bashable and handle's quite nice on a track full of OFNA's, Losi.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Just got back from hobby shop they were fixing one of these (which does not suprise me) I'm not a fan of xtm products at all I have owned a couple. At least with this one the did not try and pass it off as a race quality product. It's very interesting looks like it might be a good basher but at $500 I will pass
Old 02-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Default XTM rail

Have to say I just bought one of these and it is wayyyy more bashable than my slash 4x4. The only negative that I can say about it is the motor fans are a joke. Other than that, I have been pleasantly surprised by it. Maybe because of all the bad I heard about it I didn't expect much. WRONG, this thing is great, fast, and I have had some crashes taht would have left me putting my slash pieces into a box for the journey home. And yes I am running the 14v batteries.

TWO thumbs up for this.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

what do you find bad about the rail my runs good i have never had a problem with it
Old 02-16-2011, 11:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default wrong

Actually I wasn't complaining about the Rail, I'm actually gonna sell my slash 4x4 and keep the rail. That said, there are a number of posts about things breaking. I haven't had any problems with things breaking. On the contrary, quite a tough vehicle. The only problem I have is the motor fans not working because the cases get warped. They could have selected a better quality fan that the case would not warp on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.