Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Losi 8ight Conversion Motor Mount Problems >

Losi 8ight Conversion Motor Mount Problems

Losi 8ight Conversion Motor Mount Problems

Old 08-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight Conversion Motor Mount Problems

I converted a losi 8ight 2.0 to electric with Losi's kit and I'm having trouble keeping the motor in place. The rear end of the can has no support under it, so I'm guessing that everytime I case a jump or land hard it knocks the motor into a different position. I've tried all conventional solutions (locktite, etc.). Anyone have an idea or had the same problem? I am running a Mamba Monster motor.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

u need to run the support that losi has under the can i had the same problem and run the same set up
Old 08-13-2010, 01:24 AM
Tech Elite

Don't run the support. It will cause stripped diffs. Use locktite and put something like foam on the chasis to protect the motorcan. I have the Losi too with stock conversion and had the same problem.

Put locktite between the washer and mount and on all the screws. And check the mount every race from losening.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by velotek1 View Post
I converted a losi 8ight 2.0 to electric with Losi's kit and I'm having trouble keeping the motor in place. The rear end of the can has no support under it, so I'm guessing that everytime I case a jump or land hard it knocks the motor into a different position. I've tried all conventional solutions (locktite, etc.). Anyone have an idea or had the same problem? I am running a Mamba Monster motor.
take a dremel and grind down the motor support so the motor sits in there good without binding you may have to grind the screw a little i did when i ran the mamba stuff .....the motor support is made for the smooth losi can and the mamba and tekin motors are larger
Old 08-13-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
Don't run the support. It will cause stripped diffs. Use locktite and put something like foam on the chasis to protect the motorcan. I have the Losi too with stock conversion and had the same problem.

Put locktite between the washer and mount and on all the screws. And check the mount every race from losening.
The motor support works fine and strips nothing including diffs if you mount it a touch loose, if it's rubbing it from the get go or worse forcing it a little crooked, you'll have some issues. Basically leave a papers worth of space (like setting your gear mesh).

PS I ran mine racing for a year w/o issues.. LOL