Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sc10 motor help

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Default sc10 motor help

i have a sc10 that i have put 10 packs through.
6 cellnimh.

i would like to know how long these would normaly last ESC and motor

RTR by the way.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Honestly, its going to vary. I have seen them last a few weeks and I have seen them last less than 10 laps. My stock esc still works fine but I only ran it one weekend. I had 2 of the motors (reedy 30,000rpm) go out after 1 race....magnets came loose on both.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Fordplay
Honestly, its going to vary. I have seen them last a few weeks and I have seen them last less than 10 laps. My stock esc still works fine but I only ran it one weekend. I had 2 of the motors (reedy 30,000rpm) go out after 1 race....magnets came loose on both.
hmm. i guess i will probably just have to wait then put in a hobbywing.
Old 08-10-2010, 02:00 AM
Tech Addict

i've taken out the hobbywing after distorying 2 motors over a 6 month peroid of racing
now running a Speed passion Grantursmo V2.1 pro stock ESC with a 13.5T losi exclorin motor with a super stock program the combo
have heaps of bottom end with useing the turbo to get it to top end quickly

Motor runs very cool over 15min races with heaps of power
Old 08-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my RTR SC10 motor was always way hot, changed just the ESC and motor temps dropped 40 degrees or more.

I'm sure the temps don't help the motor last longer either.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The stock brushed ESC blows. I know 4 guys who've had them melt on them with the stock motor and pinion.

I got about 3 months out of the Reedy 17t. About 2 months of that was with weekly racing.

A good tip:
turn to the page in your manual with the gearing chart on it. Take a sharpie and color the whole box in. It's worthless and completely wrong.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BAM Motorsports
i've taken out the hobbywing after distorying 2 motors over a 6 month peroid of racing
now running a Speed passion Grantursmo V2.1 pro stock ESC with a 13.5T losi exclorin motor with a super stock program the combo
have heaps of bottom end with useing the turbo to get it to top end quickly

Motor runs very cool over 15min races with heaps of power
my mate son has had a hobbywing in his slash since xmas. he runs about 15-20 packs a day after school. and its still powerfull and loving it.
alot think by using hobbywing they get alot of power because its brushless

but its only realy designed for long run times which increase from 15 mins to about 45 and a little bit more power + speed. everyone goes after huge speed an power with it. and bang... there goes your blowen motors. its pretty much a good reliable system. slamming the throttle all the time will not help your motor. its not designed for racing at all.

Last edited by 808gx7r; 08-10-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 808gx7r
my mate son has had a hobbywing in his slash since xmas. he runs about 15-20 packs a day after school. and its still powerfull and loving it.
alot think by using hobbywing they get alot of power because its brushless

but its only realy designed for long run times which increase from 15 mins to about 45 and a little bit more power + speed. everyone goes after huge speed an power with it. and bang... there goes your blowen motors. its pretty much a good reliable system. slamming the throttle all the time will not help your motor. its not designed for racing at all.
i will give it to hobbywing in the 6months of racing the truck only had 3 weekends away from a track and some weekends did 2 race meets for the weekend so in all the 2 motors did 24+ race meets and bashing with mates on a friday night is a lot of work for the motors
main reason for the change is to try to get an edge on the bloke i am fighting for in points at the club