R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 08-09-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default What SC would you keep?

I have 2 4x4 SC's, I need to get rid of one, I have a Hobao 10SC with a few hop ups, SRTC shock towers, chassis braces, steering plate, alum. center mount. So it has a had some work done on it. The next is a traxxas 4x4 slash platinum with SRTC shock towers, RPM A arms, side nerfs and a king headz tranny mount. Pro line shocks. both are fast both seem pretty tough, The only thing that I don't like with the hyper is the A arms are so flexible that it bends the cvd's and shock shafts easily, the Slash I was bending the axles a bit to easy and the towers were really flexible, most of the problems with the slash have been addressed by the aftermarket companies..what do you guys think?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:15 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I have 2 4x4 SC's, I need to get rid of one, I have a Hobao 10SC with a few hop ups, SRTC shock towers, chassis braces, steering plate, alum. center mount. So it has a had some work done on it. The next is a traxxas 4x4 slash platinum with SRTC shock towers, RPM A arms, side nerfs and a king headz tranny mount. Pro line shocks. both are fast both seem pretty tough, The only thing that I don't like with the hyper is the A arms are so flexible that it bends the cvd's and shock shafts easily, the Slash I was bending the axles a bit to easy and the towers were really flexible, most of the problems with the slash have been addressed by the aftermarket companies..what do you guys think?
Make sure you adjust your limiters on the 10sc a-arms then think about 1:8 scale shocks if you bend them still, losi 8 shocks work great on the 10sc, just get the 8ight shock stand off's as well and they mount up quick and painless (again 4 front shocks is what you want).

10sc is a LOT faster racing, but bashing a draw.. but to be honest if I had a 4x4 class at my track after seeing the pictures of the new losi 4x4 sct, there isn't anything on the market that can touch it in durability or handling on the track. It's based on the tenT and pretty much a shrunkin 8ight setup, Super Impressive.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 210 (100%+)

i agree with that slash is more of a basher truck and will never be as fast as the other
1/8th Scale Racers of Toledo
https://www.facebook.com/DunnGraphics1
racerx1920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

It was a no brainer for me. I had the Slash first, it was an endless money pit and still sucked. I sold it and got a Hyper 10sc and I like it so much I got another one as well. My wife and I are both border line pro drivers and when I'm driving my 1/8th E buggy she can somewhat hang with the Hyper and vice versa. The Hyper clears huge gaps like the 1/8th buggy, I'm very pleased with what you get for the money.
Cody01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Make sure you adjust your limiters on the 10sc a-arms then think about 1:8 scale shocks if you bend them still, losi 8 shocks work great on the 10sc, just get the 8ight shock stand off's as well and they mount up quick and painless (again 4 front shocks is what you want).

10sc is a LOT faster racing, but bashing a draw.. but to be honest if I had a 4x4 class at my track after seeing the pictures of the new losi 4x4 sct, there isn't anything on the market that can touch it in durability or handling on the track. It's based on the tenT and pretty much a shrunkin 8ight setup, Super Impressive.
the losi 4x4 is 1/24 scale........
Spencer G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Keep them both ....... save for a Losi. I don't think they will be out till atleast
Christmas. It makes a perfect gift ....
gottabaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #7
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer G. View Post
the losi 4x4 is 1/24 scale........
Losi does have a 1/24 4x4 SC coming out, but he was talking about the prototype Losi 4x4 SC based on the Ten-T.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #8
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Yea I've seen a few 10 conversions they looked pretty good, I would think that a factory 10 would be a bit better, now on the shock shafts bending it's not from me not having the limiters set right it's more of an a arm problem, on the CVD's/Bones bending all it takes to to land off a bit on a jump and you can bend them..you don't even have to crash..I wish hobao would just fix the a arms..and on the shocks the stock ones are fine..works for Kortz and Chad doesn't seem to have a problem with his Jammin, the basic shocks are the same between the 2.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Keep the 10SC...