Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
did my servo die, or is my speedo BEC jacked? >

did my servo die, or is my speedo BEC jacked?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

did my servo die, or is my speedo BEC jacked?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Regular

Default did my servo die, or is my speedo BEC jacked?

so I was driving my 1/10th buggy with the epic airtronics 94155 servo (OLD SKOOL) and out of nowhere the steering just stopped working. Turns out that the servo works but it acts like it just has no power. Like you can easily hold the servo arm and prevent the servo from moving, and it transits pretty slowly, like slower than a stock servo.

I took it apart and the gears are fine. I checked the voltage coming out my receiver (KO 302), and it's something like 5.35 volts.....I read that LRP is supposed to bee 5.5volts (Original LRP Sphere (not comp)).

So did the motor in my servo just half go out, or is my speed control just not giving it enough power?

I don't have any other equipment here to test things out, like trying the servo on another car or something, and I dont have a spare speedo to swap out and check that.

Seems to me like some of the windings in the servo motor might have messed up making the servo motor have like no power.

any advice?
Old 08-08-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Sounds like the servo, the volts arent that far off, you have a buddy with a car you could try the old servo out in?? Or maybe take it to your lhs??