Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Electrix RC Circuit 1/10th Stadium Truck ?? >

Electrix RC Circuit 1/10th Stadium Truck ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electrix RC Circuit 1/10th Stadium Truck ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Old 11-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Just a Mini review,
The AM TX is a bunch of Junk. I'm a repair tech at our LHS and so far EVERY one we have gotten has range problems. I'm surprised that Horizon Hobby stooped to this low level. The truck seems to be of decent quality the fit a finish is a little low but for this price I give it 2 thumbs up. The dynamite ESC and motor is not to bad but really you are paying for a roller.
The price is manageable but is it worth it if you need to purchase a new TX and RX?
Personally I would go with a Duratrax Evader or the HPI e-firestorm 10t

This is ONLY my personal opinion and biased on first hand experience.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

The biggest problem i have found is the Rear Axles.. I have broke 4 so far. the 1st 2 I understood I or my son hit pretty hard. The last 2 have been landing jumps of less than 2 ft.. Poor quality material is to blame. they are breaking right where the hex pin goes through.. Will be replacing with losi or traxxas parts..
Old 12-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

looks good man,, do you have a part number on the turnbuckles..and did they fit right in// thanks
Old 12-04-2010, 08:01 PM

Default 3600kv brushless system

I put a 3600KV brushless system in the truck and can run with any of the shortcourse and stadium trucks at the track. The only problem I have had is that the spurgears are junk. I have blown through one a night and I have had many differnt people adjust the gear mesh to make sure that it wasn't me. Plan to so a swap for adjustable turn buckles this week and the T4 boddies fit almost perfect. Like the Desert Rat you do need to leave some extra body on the sides to cover the chassis. Fun truck for $120.
Attached Thumbnails Electrix RC Circuit 1/10th Stadium Truck ??-img00056-20101202-1913.jpg  
Old 12-06-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone have any vids of there circuit?? I have a couple on YouTube of my stock circuit.. Search chefart69, sorry I can't post URL.. Don't know how...
Old 12-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Switch out the Spur with a Robinson Racing or Associated spur and pinion and u will solve the problem, U will need to Drill out the hole a hair but easy to do and the plastic is alot better quality. I switched to a 90T slipper to match up with a 19t pinion and it works well.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

if you buy that truck you will regret it if its your first car you should start brushless with the cheap motor in that it will burn up all the time and parts arent to easy to come by for those i dont think if your looking for a good stadium truck go hpi
Old 12-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Just think, this truck was supposed to have the "Team Losi" name on it....
Old 12-07-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by polarisrider44
if you buy that truck you will regret it if its your first car you should start brushless with the cheap motor in that it will burn up all the time and parts arent to easy to come by for those i dont think if your looking for a good stadium truck go hpi
Whats there to regret?? Its $119 and for a beginner its a great start..Obviously you just saw the ad in an RC mag and got it set in your head that if its $119 it sucks. Not everybody can go out and buy the top of the line HPI or associated truggy or stadium truck. This is a great alternative to start with. As one becomes more familiar with RC vehicles the truck offers a great platform to build from.. Parts ARE very easy to come by. Associated and Losi have parts that will adapt to the truck. Be Creative.. Its kinda a mutt of sorts but it sure is fun to show up at the track and hand it to the guys that spend $500-600 on their pretty high $ truck.. This truck does exactly what it was set out to do, Its an entry level truck to get people away from store bought trucks and into hobby grade trucks. It also does what the hobby of RC is all about gives you just enough to want more and allows you to be creative with the build and not just be some shelf jockey who has the best of the best becasue that what they read about but no creativity to back it up..
Old 12-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by dashat2
Whats there to regret?? Its $119 and for a beginner its a great start..Obviously you just saw the ad in an RC mag and got it set in your head that if its $119 it sucks. Not everybody can go out and buy the top of the line HPI or associated truggy or stadium truck. This is a great alternative to start with. As one becomes more familiar with RC vehicles the truck offers a great platform to build from.. Parts ARE very easy to come by. Associated and Losi have parts that will adapt to the truck. Be Creative.. Its kinda a mutt of sorts but it sure is fun to show up at the track and hand it to the guys that spend $500-600 on their pretty high $ truck.. This truck does exactly what it was set out to do, Its an entry level truck to get people away from store bought trucks and into hobby grade trucks. It also does what the hobby of RC is all about gives you just enough to want more and allows you to be creative with the build and not just be some shelf jockey who has the best of the best becasue that what they read about but no creativity to back it up..
+1... me personally i like the idea of "sleepers".. i read alot of post that are all about the rigs... you take someone with little driving skill and put them in a $1000 setup and put a skilled driver in a $175 setup and i bet the skills prevail.. jmo... i like taking the lower end vehicles and running against the high end... you dont always win but it sure does feel good when you do...
Old 12-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Regular

either way you might as well get a $250 car and have it for a few years if well treated with this you might as well just buy a traxxas hpi or losi motor for it when you buy it and it has very poor range but other than that its good but more fragile then its higher price tag models.....
Old 12-09-2010, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

44... I bought a FT GT-2 radio for 20.00 Shipped and about $25.00 in other parts not including what I already had on the bench from other trucks.. So Ive got a total of $170 in a truck that walk all over those $250 trucks.. It has allowed my son and I to spend quality time being creative and building something that he appreciates and allowing him to learn on until i move him up to a better quality truck.. If he crashes this one parts are generally less than $10 for the most expesive and the truck is VERY durable he has had some big crashes and broke very few parts.. See our build at..

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114869

3genrcracing
Old 12-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Adept

44... I bought a FT GT-2 radio for 20.00 Shipped and about $25.00 in other parts not including what I already had on the bench from other trucks.. So Ive got a total of $170 in a truck that walk all over those $250 trucks.. It has allowed my son and I to spend quality time being creative and building something that he appreciates and allowing him to learn on until i move him up to a better quality truck.. If he crashes this one parts are generally less than $10 for the most expesive and the truck is VERY durable he has had some big crashes and broke very few parts.. See our build at..

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=114869

3genrcracing
Thanks for the link and the part numbers.. just did my parts list and including the aluminim shocks made by horizon it comes out to be under $70.. im sure that i can find cheaper shocks somewhere else.. $40 of it was for shocks..still puts me under $200... Got a ??? for ya... do you know if the losi strike 12t 550 will fit in the circuit?? thanks
Old 12-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NitroChef tC3
do you know if the losi strike 12t 550 will fit in the circuit?? thanks
Im not sure, I would Imagine it would Im running a 12t Titan in my sons.. I think I am going to get the electrifly Matrix to run in it next.. $18 cant really go wrong.. Awsome build so far.. When you get going on your truck Post some pics on the 2 forums.. Its alot of fun to see where people are going with these. My son and I are getting ready to lengthen the wheelbase on his and turn it into a SCT. Not sure if I am going to water jet a few pieces to add the 1.5" I need or go with a SC-10 or Losi chassis.. but in any event Still cheaper than buying him a new truck..OL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.