R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
dj_sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 253
Send a message via MSN to dj_sparky
Default Hop ups for VE8?

Does anyone know of a gid site that has a lot of hop up parts for the VE 8? Or any? And how do the parts for the D8's fit on the VE8?
__________________
"We must learn to live together as brothers, or perish together as fools." - MLK

http://premutos.deviantart.com/
dj_sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
forwardonly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Rolla Missouri
Posts: 622
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_sparky View Post
Does anyone know of a gid site that has a lot of hop up parts for the VE 8? Or any? And how do the parts for the D8's fit on the VE8?
Amainhobbies has a few aftermarket parts. Techno makes some shock towers. HHH makes a nice chassis you can find the thread on here. As far as the D8? I think a lot of the suspension parts are similar, but I don't know exactly which ones. Hopefully someone will chime in with that answer.
__________________
Go Fast, Have Fun!
forwardonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #3
Tech Elite
 
8ight-e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,168
Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default

Yes that HHH chassis is manditory with a ve8.. a MUST have iMO.
__________________
Tekno ET48, EB48.2
Durango Fleet - Dex410 v3, Dex210, Desc410, Desc210
8ight-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #4
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 287
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

HHH chassis is not mandatory Imo
Hopper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:46 AM   #5
Tech Addict
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
Yes that HHH chassis is manditory with a ve8.. a MUST have iMO.
Mandatory…No..

Nice to have… For sure…

I haven’t had any problems with the stocker and 200.00 for a chassis and required parts to get it going is outrageous..
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:29 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
JDJamminX1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 493
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Yeah HHH chassis nice to have...

Stocker is fine and cheaper to replace. just upgrade to alum skids and its practically bulletproof.
__________________
LRP - MUGEN - AKA - OCRC - UPGRADE - SCHELLE - DE RACING
JDJamminX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
HH
Tech Fanatic
 
HH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: So Cal
Posts: 750
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default HHH Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasiisaM View Post
(regarding HHH Racing Chassis as a Ve8 upgrade)

Mandatory…No..

Nice to have… For sure…

I haven’t had any problems with the stocker and 200.00 for a chassis and required parts to get it going is outrageous..
Well... not exactly 200

$129. USD - HHH Lightweight Aluminum Racing Chassis

These additional parts or an equivalent are required to complete.

$ 9.99 USD - Tekno Servo Mounts (required or equivalent)

$ 3.89 - HB67382 Rear Chassis Stiffener Mount from D8 (required)
_________________________________________________
$142.88 USD - Total of required costs

plus we provide at NO additional charge:

-New 5mm Hardware for the Motor Mount
-DE Racing Skidplate

and we have included 1 free Logo Tray with every Chassis since the 2nd run was released. ($7.99 value)

All other parts are direct transfers from the HB Ve8. That includes the One Piece Motor/Diff Mount which is the HB Mount that is already being used by the vast majority of Ve8 owners prior to upgrading to the HHH Ve8 Racing Chassis.

The HHH Lightweight Aluminum Racing Chassis is not designed nor intended to be a replacement for stock chassis that have cracked, fractured, snapped, etc. Hot Bodies will give you a free replacement for these chassis failures.

The HHH Ve8 Lightweight Aluminum Racing Chassis is the most significant performance upgrade you can provide to the HotBodies Ve8. Period.

It features uniform flex points structured throughout the entire wheelbase making it easy to drive with the ability to find traction on all types of terrain. When using the dual batteries setup in a saddle pack configuration the HHH Chassis has the Lowest Center of Gravity of any 1:8 scale off-road buggy currently available. The list goes on....

Here are some interesting price comparisons:

TOTAL COST FOR PLASTIC HUBS, CARRIERS, AND SPINDLES FRONT AND REAR - VE8 - $24.61

$11.00 - HB#67386 - Front Hub Carrier Set (Right/Left/10deg)
$10.00 - HB#67388 - Front Spindle Set (Right/Left)
$ 3.61 - #HBC8008 - Rear Wheel Hub (Right/Left)

TOTAL COST FOR OPTIONAL ALUMINUM HUBS, CARRIERS, AND SPINDLES FRONT AND REAR - VE8 - $169.10

$47.50 - HB#67214 - Aluminum Rear Hub Carrier Set (0 degree)
$61.75 - HB#67215 - Aluminum Front Spindle Carrier Set (10 Degrees)
$59.85 - HB#67216 - Aluminum Front Spindle Set

A $169.10 upgrade that offers no increase in performance at all, only durability.

$129.99 - Tekno RC Lightened LCG Chassis for Hot Bodies D8 Buggy

$130.00 - HB67349 Stock 4mm Aluminum Chassis - D8

$142.50 - HB67533 Lightweight 4mm Aluminum Chassis - D8

These are just a few examples of how our price point truly stacks up.
Of course there are some lower.. and some higher. But given the quality of our product we are on the lower end of the price scale when measuring value per dollar.

For someone to state that our price is "outrageous", they would have to be either uninformed about our product or they could just be.... well...
outrageous!
__________________
KYOSHO MP9 TKI3 | O.S. Speed XZ-B .21 ~ O.S. 2090 | KO Propo RSx

"If it's worth doin'... it's worth doin' it right" - Chip Jett
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:30 AM   #8
Tech Master
 
R-E-A-P-E-R-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 1,892
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Pretty sure nothing HB makes is hard anodized either. So they wont last as long
__________________
Serious About Racing........
R-E-A-P-E-R- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
Tech Addict
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Well... not exactly 200

$129. USD - HHH Lightweight Aluminum Racing Chassis

These additional parts or an equivalent are required to complete.

$ 9.99 USD - Tekno Servo Mounts (required or equivalent)

$ 3.89 - HB67382 Rear Chassis Stiffener Mount from D8 (required)
_________________________________________________
$142.88 USD - Total of required costs

plus we provide at NO additional charge:

-New 5mm Hardware for the Motor Mount
-DE Racing Skidplate

and we have included 1 free Logo Tray with every Chassis since the 2nd run was released. ($7.99 value)

All other parts are direct transfers from the HB Ve8. That includes the One Piece Motor/Diff Mount which is the HB Mount that is already being used by the vast majority of Ve8 owners prior to upgrading to the HHH Ve8 Racing Chassis.

The HHH Lightweight Aluminum Racing Chassis is not designed nor intended to be a replacement for stock chassis that have cracked, fractured, snapped, etc. Hot Bodies will give you a free replacement for these chassis failures.

The HHH Ve8 Lightweight Aluminum Racing Chassis is the most significant performance upgrade you can provide to the HotBodies Ve8. Period.

It features uniform flex points structured throughout the entire wheelbase making it easy to drive with the ability to find traction on all types of terrain. When using the dual batteries setup in a saddle pack configuration the HHH Chassis has the Lowest Center of Gravity of any 1:8 scale off-road buggy currently available. The list goes on....

Here are some interesting price comparisons:

TOTAL COST FOR PLASTIC HUBS, CARRIERS, AND SPINDLES FRONT AND REAR - VE8 - $24.61

$11.00 - HB#67386 - Front Hub Carrier Set (Right/Left/10deg)
$10.00 - HB#67388 - Front Spindle Set (Right/Left)
$ 3.61 - #HBC8008 - Rear Wheel Hub (Right/Left)

TOTAL COST FOR OPTIONAL ALUMINUM HUBS, CARRIERS, AND SPINDLES FRONT AND REAR - VE8 - $169.10

$47.50 - HB#67214 - Aluminum Rear Hub Carrier Set (0 degree)
$61.75 - HB#67215 - Aluminum Front Spindle Carrier Set (10 Degrees)
$59.85 - HB#67216 - Aluminum Front Spindle Set

A $169.10 upgrade that offers no increase in performance at all, only durability.

$129.99 - Tekno RC Lightened LCG Chassis for Hot Bodies D8 Buggy

$130.00 - HB67349 Stock 4mm Aluminum Chassis - D8

$142.50 - HB67533 Lightweight 4mm Aluminum Chassis - D8

These are just a few examples of how our price point truly stacks up.
Of course there are some lower.. and some higher. But given the quality of our product we are on the lower end of the price scale when measuring value per dollar.

For someone to state that our price is "outrageous", they would have to be either uninformed about our product or they could just be.... well...
outrageous!


So it’s outrageous for me “a consumer and potential buyer of your product” to think that a 200.00 chassis upgrade is outrageous? On a car that is 299.00…. 2/3rds of the cost of the car… Please…

If I’m not mistaken the one piece motor mount is still required right? Interesting you the manufacturer leave the 30 dollars out..You have no way to determine the “vast majority of VE8 owners have already purchased this” …in addition it does not change that fact you need this to use your product. After everything is said and done (tax/freight) my 200 is a hell of a lot closer than your 142.88..I’m a consumer and that’s part of the upgrade…

Please stop with the marketing mumbo jumbo..

“The HHH Ve8 Lightweight Aluminum Racing Chassis is the most significant performance upgrade you can provide to the HotBodies Ve8. Period”

How many championships do you have? What HB team drivers have switched to your product? How did you quantify your findings? I can go on if you want..

How is your price comparison relevant to what “I” said?…

169.10 for the HB upgrade is “outrageous” in fact no different than your product cost..but of course you would have to quantify that “performance upgrade right”…. but I better be careful I might get another manufacturer in here telling me “a consumer a potential buyer of that product that I’m uninformed or simply outrageous”
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasiisaM View Post


So it’s outrageous for me “a consumer and potential buyer of your product” to think that a 200.00 chassis upgrade is outrageous? On a car that is 299.00…. 2/3rds of the cost of the car… Please…

If I’m not mistaken the one piece motor mount is still required right? Interesting you the manufacturer leave the 30 dollars out..You have no way to determine the “vast majority of VE8 owners have already purchased this” …in addition it does not change that fact you need this to use your product. After everything is said and done (tax/freight) my 200 is a hell of a lot closer than your 142.88..I’m a consumer and that’s part of the upgrade…

Please stop with the marketing mumbo jumbo..

“The HHH Ve8 Lightweight Aluminum Racing Chassis is the most significant performance upgrade you can provide to the HotBodies Ve8. Period”

How many championships do you have? What HB team drivers have switched to your product? How did you quantify your findings? I can go on if you want..

How is your price comparison relevant to what “I” said?…

169.10 for the HB upgrade is “outrageous” in fact no different than your product cost..but of course you would have to quantify that “performance upgrade right”…. but I better be careful I might get another manufacturer in here telling me “a consumer a potential buyer of that product that I’m uninformed or simply outrageous”
I have spent A LOT of money on my ve8. Way more in upgrades than the car cost. I will say the HHH chassis is by far the best value. Especially considering I have cracked THREE chassis. At $30 a pop plus shipping, I am already at the cost of the HHH chassis.

The ve8 cost $299 because quite frankly, the quality is a bit lower than other cars imho that don't need upgrading. However, the car is one of the best handling cars I have driven. Just upgrading front and rear hubs and knuckles cost 2/3s of the car and I believe those are a must for those that race in cold weather.

Those that pony up for the great work on this chassis know what we are getting and I think it makes all the difference in the world for an above average club racer.

People have to remember that it cost a lot of money to make high quality products on a small scale for a niche hobby like RC. Every other quality chassis upgrade cost roughly the same.

I am not sponsored by HHH, but in dealing with Harley and experiencing the quality and time he put into this much needed upgrade, I can objectively say it is well worth the money.

If you don't see the value, don't buy it. However, don't bash it either.
__________________
Cars I've Owned: Tekno EB48 & SCT410, AE 8.2e, AE SC10 4x4, MBX6e Tekno V4, Xray 808e, Xray 8Te, Losi 810e, Losi SCTE 4x4, Losi 22, Hot Bodies Ve8, Losi 8te, and plenty of Traxxas

Sponsors: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, and my wife's bank account.
Edumakated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #11
Tech Addict
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edumakated View Post
I have spent A LOT of money on my ve8. Way more in upgrades than the car cost. I will say the HHH chassis is by far the best value. Especially considering I have cracked THREE chassis. At $30 a pop plus shipping, I am already at the cost of the HHH chassis.

The ve8 cost $299 because quite frankly, the quality is a bit lower than other cars imho that don't need upgrading. However, the car is one of the best handling cars I have driven. Just upgrading front and rear hubs and knuckles cost 2/3s of the car and I believe those are a must for those that race in cold weather.

Those that pony up for the great work on this chassis know what we are getting and I think it makes all the difference in the world for an above average club racer.

People have to remember that it cost a lot of money to make high quality products on a small scale for a niche hobby like RC. Every other quality chassis upgrade cost roughly the same.

I am not sponsored by HHH, but in dealing with Harley and experiencing the quality and time he put into this much needed upgrade, I can objectively say it is well worth the money.

If you don't see the value, don't buy it. However, don't bash it either.
Where did I ever bash the product?
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:14 PM   #12
Tech Master
 
makaluch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver, Wa.
Posts: 1,084
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

It seems the HHH chassis is a nice option if your track has big jumps or is high speed and rough. It also allows you to run your batteries in a 2x saddle configuration. Harley is a top shelf guy and his products are exceptional, but not mandatory for all.

Although it seems balance is an issue on the stock chassis, it's not. The stock V1 chassis is great with metal skid plates...it may stress crack at the battery box but it's inexpensive to replace. HB has updated the chassis with a beveled battery box that seems to be holding up so far. However, the part number is the same as the original with the straight walled battery box. As of now it's hit and miss whether you'll get the updated one in a kit or as a part.

I think the only mandatory upgrade would be aluminum rear hubs. I hear they're fragile if you clip a pipe or land hard on one rear wheel. Honestly, if your track is rough and has huge jumps that you can't land consistently, look at another e-buggy. The VE8 will cost too much to make it as tough as the others. The good news is: out of the box the VE8 will turn under anything out there.

Edit: If you want the best handling e-buggy out there, the VE8 is the right choice. The perfect ride at the perfect price doesn't exist. For the serious racer the VE8 will not save you lots of money, but it will give some drivers a leg up on the competition.
__________________
RhinoLacrosse.com | TheBigRC.com | DavesRCTracks.net

Last edited by makaluch; 08-04-2010 at 12:29 PM.
makaluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:31 PM   #13
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,610
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I have been racing my ve8 for two months now and I have only two upgrades. The aluminum skids and aluminum servo arm. The only thing that has broken is the servo arm. The car is plenty durable when driven correctly within reasonable ability of the suspension and not the ability of the motor. Too many people are over driving these and causing their own issues. I did forget, I had to upgrade the motor mount due to the stock one sliding.
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
Tech Addict
 
MasiisaM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasiisaM View Post


So it’s outrageous for me “a consumer and potential buyer of your product” to think that a 200.00 chassis upgrade is outrageous? On a car that is 299.00…. 2/3rds of the cost of the car… Please…

If I’m not mistaken the one piece motor mount is still required right? Interesting you the manufacturer leave the 30 dollars out..You have no way to determine the “vast majority of VE8 owners have already purchased this” …in addition it does not change that fact you need this to use your product. After everything is said and done (tax/freight) my 200 is a hell of a lot closer than your 142.88..I’m a consumer and that’s part of the upgrade…

Please stop with the marketing mumbo jumbo..

“The HHH Ve8 Lightweight Aluminum Racing Chassis is the most significant performance upgrade you can provide to the HotBodies Ve8. Period”

How many championships do you have? What HB team drivers have switched to your product? How did you quantify your findings? I can go on if you want..

How is your price comparison relevant to what “I” said?…

169.10 for the HB upgrade is “outrageous” in fact no different than your product cost..but of course you would have to quantify that “performance upgrade right”…. but I better be careful I might get another manufacturer in here telling me “a consumer a potential buyer of that product that I’m uninformed or simply outrageous”
It’s funny how I share my opinion on a price point and HHH comes in a storms me with I must be ignorant on their product offering or just “outrageous” for having an opinion on their price point..but then when the response has some solid questions. It’s ignored..

Not at all shocking…....
MasiisaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:38 PM   #15
Tech Elite
 
BillyCaldwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: OKC, Oklahoma
Posts: 4,005
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell
Default

I would recommend the following upgrades:

Front and rear aluminum kick-ups.
Aluminum servo horn

This being my first 8th scale I was expecting the car to be kinda lazy, compared to others I had drove in the past. IMO it drives like a super sized 10th scaled 4wd.
__________________
Maclin | VP-Pro USA
BillyCaldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hotbodies Ve8 Thread joelwhite Electric Off-Road 13618 04-02-2017 07:46 PM
FS/FT VE8 1 Race D8 & VE8 Hop Ups, Ace 112 Tower & HB 112 BB's looking for 4S Lipos ffpm46 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 05-23-2010 01:07 PM
Ve8 vs Castor ex1 m4rs Electric Off-Road 16 02-13-2010 12:36 PM
Hot Bodies d8t...New Reedy 121vr 2035...Some hop ups...Nice Bodies..Just Rebuilt!! mist467 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 01-24-2010 09:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:30 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net