R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   2004 ROAR Electric Off-Road Nationals Coverage (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/42176-2004-roar-electric-off-road-nationals-coverage.html)

Brandon Rohde 06-06-2004 10:53 AM

2004 ROAR Electric Off-Road Nationals Coverage

Hey everyone! We are on our way to the '04 ROAR Electric Off-Road Nats right now... only about 19 more hours of driving left :( I will do my best to post some live updates on what is going out throughout the week. If there is Verizon cell phone coverage at the track, I will post live from the track. Otherwise I will post every night back at the hotel. If anyone has any questions or wants to find anything out, just post it here and I will do my best to find out!

KINGZJ 06-06-2004 01:21 PM

Where are the Nats at Brandon?

Later
Jesse

craziracer 06-06-2004 02:36 PM

its at new mexico cant spell the name of it

timmay70 06-06-2004 03:42 PM

Albuquerque, NM

more info here

stebog 06-06-2004 07:11 PM

Hey Brandon, a few notes.

Cell coverage is pretty good at our track, haven't specifically checked Verizon though, Sprint and T-Mobile are the most common carriers amongst our members.

No internet access at the track. Did a little war driving last week and the closest I found a WAP was half a mile to the west but it was a private residence.

We were unable to get on Comcasts install list by the time we thought of putting in net access.

BTW, I'm Steve Griego, ARCOR club member. And I'm sitting here by the computer half dead, we barely finished up at the track less than an hour ago.

STEALTH 06-06-2004 08:21 PM

If anyone can post picture while at the Nationals (Action shots, Pit tables, Team Huddles, etc.) I am sure we would ALL appreciate it. Now if anyone can record some complete video clips of the A-Main races, we would All be EXTREMELY Grateful!!! :nod:

Here is a site that I am told hosts video clips and does a good job of it:

rcpics.net

Best of Luck to Everyone racing at the Nats!
;)

stebog 06-07-2004 06:29 AM

Track is complete and open for Mod Nats practice.

Free-for-all practice is Mon-Wed 9 AM to 6 PM, open to all Modified Nationals participants.

Controlled Practice on Thursday 9-6.
Qualifying on Friday and Saturday.
Mains on Sunday.

Good luck everyone.

PS Come see me near the tech area to buy extra practice tires, traction is insane and to tell you the truth, the club ordered a bit more than needed.

http://www.arcorraceway.com

JoshR 85 06-07-2004 08:46 AM

HeY!!!

Brandon who's gonna be running the spring bling in green bay this weekend then since your gonna be gone??? Hope you have fun out there man!!!!

RC Scoring Pro 06-07-2004 12:09 PM

Josh, Brandon is just one of the owners, there are other people capable of running the races. Brandon wasn't even at last years race. I think he was in too much pain from a motocross crash. We all know he never crashes, right Brandon ?

Good luck in NM!

Aaron Waldron 06-07-2004 05:48 PM

I really wish I was going to this one..unfortunately, finals are this week, and I have family coming down to CA for graduation..school is more important than toy cars, but my heart is definitely in New Mexico!

Good luck to the whole Losi team, bring those trophies back!

mafiaracers 06-07-2004 07:39 PM

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
Ischool is more important than toy cars

Hey man.....they're not toys, they're high preformance racing machines...dude, get it right man!;)

Aaron Waldron 06-07-2004 08:17 PM

Haha nope..they're toy cars. It's a hobby for fun, and it will stay that way!

Brandon Rohde 06-07-2004 08:20 PM

Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

Brandon who's gonna be running the spring bling in green bay this weekend then since your gonna be gone??? Hope you have fun out there man!!!!

JoshR,
The spring bling will still be run. We have a great crew at Dirt Heaven and a lot of people to help run the races. As Doug said, I am only 1/3 owner, there are two other equal partners in it as well. I am bummed I am missing our own race, but because it got rained out this was the only weekend that we could work out. Last year I ended up in the hospital for surgery 2 days before the race, and it went pretty good with other people helping out.

Brandon Rohde 06-07-2004 08:21 PM

Originally posted by STEALTH
If anyone can post picture while at the Nationals (Action shots, Pit tables, Team Huddles, etc.) I am sure we would ALL appreciate it. Now if anyone can record some complete video clips of the A-Main races, we would All be EXTREMELY Grateful!!! :nod:

Here is a site that I am told hosts video clips and does a good job of it:

rcpics.net

Best of Luck to Everyone racing at the Nats!
;)

STEALTH,
I have a few cameras here and will be posting some pics throughout the week. I will also try to get some short video clips from the camera as well. I think it has 30 second captions, so I could at least get a lap or two in. The camera is brand new, so I will have to mess with it a bit yet.

Brandon Rohde 06-07-2004 08:23 PM

stebog,
The track was awesome so far I thought! Looked like it got a bit chopped up, but by the time we left the track crew was taking care of that. I'm sure everyone here is appreciate of all the hard work you guys put in!!! Nice drivers stand too :)

Hey, if you or anyone you know has a USB cable for digital cameras (the new smaller end on the camera side), do you think I could bum it? I forgot mine, and I need one of those cables to put some videos online.