Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whats up with Amezcua's XXX-CR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trx-1racer
I never said the car was bad out of the box.

I said THAT car was expensive. I stand by my comment. It might just be the most expensive car you can build using factory parts.
or you could get the buggy for 99usd from rcmart http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tea...cPath=420_1264

and all the hopups from here http://www.tcmodels.net/index.php?pa...hk=1&Itemid=71

and not spend much at all
Old 07-27-2010, 11:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by positronic
or you could get the buggy for 99usd from rcmart
They're and have been out of stock quite a while. I think it was a one off run to get them so cheap.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Unfortunately, Travis just got to build the cars the week of the race, so he didn't get his trademark paint job on the car. And we are currently sourcing a new decal maker so we didn't have any for him for his car.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

will those big bore shocks work on an sct truck? I think they'd be trick on my mod class corr truck
Old 07-28-2010, 12:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nikos2002
not really that expensive - 189.99 ready to race.
Yeah its pretty pricey, the carbon fiber T-plate alone runs $40 not to mention the carbon fiber shock towers and the big bore shocks!

I just may have to pick me up a set of the big bores even if I end up buying an RB5 for this up coming indoor season! They look sweet!
Old 07-28-2010, 02:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroLuver
will those big bore shocks work on an sct truck? I think they'd be trick on my mod class corr truck
Eventually i believe the goal is to have them on all of the cars

Last edited by rob martin; 07-28-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jarkkom
They're and have been out of stock quite a while. I think it was a one off run to get them so cheap.
The buggys have been out of stock for less than a week now, they have trucks in stock, I'm sure they will get more soon they have every other time they ran out, I got the buggy, truck and 4wd from rcmart.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I ran my buggy stock out of the box last winter and ran up at the top of the region with it, the car is completely dial out of the box with the standard setup, the first time I drove it, I was like "wow" very stable, very easy to drive.

I saw a few posts about it being a clone, and a clone it is not, there is not one b4/losi/kyosho part that directly fits the buggy, it is it's own design, but took ideas from what has been work in the industry. It is well thought out, and put together with quality materials. I ran the crap out of my 2wd buggy last year and the platics are lasting, my universals still show almost no wear, the diff lasts a long time...again very impressive.

Hop-up parts, I do realize the cost, but in the case of the CNC caster blocks...they won't break....they won't wear either...so when you think of it that way, sounds like a great investment to me.

I think the best part about this car is the shocks, the standard shocks are a work of art, I could not believe how smooth, easy to assemble and make smooth and the attention to detail that these shocks had, I was blown away and now TQ is pushing the bar with the big bores of the same design.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for all the constructive comments about our product,this really gives us a direction on how to move forward. Option parts are developed to help increase performance,sometimes they are needed and some times they aren't.Jhon Loguidace one of other full factory drivers TQ and won 2w mod at the Chitown Shootout with one option part on his car and that part will be included in the Factory Roller which is coming in the near furure.Bling is bling and gives an option to the guys that like it.The Big Bore Shocks will be avaliblle for sale in the coming weeks and will be added to all of our Factory Rollers along with some other factory optiion parts in the coming future.

Last edited by Local racer; 07-28-2010 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I never said the car was bad out of the box.

I said THAT car was expensive. I stand by my comment. It might just be the most expensive car you can build using factory parts.
What I was saying the car is good without all the optional parts. Yes when you get all the hopups it does get exspensive but it's the same with every car and truck out there. I ran my truck for a long time before I got any optional parts. I'm not one for putting a lot of bling on my cars. In Travis case if you were getting the parts free wouldn't you get all the parts too?
Old 07-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I'm not sure why the aftermarket bling thing is influencing the idea that this is an expensive car. A RC10 B4 can be constructed almost entirely out of aluminum and sheet carbon fiber with aftermarket parts if one were so inclined and if AE made those parts you can bet some of them would be on Cav and Mayfield's cars too. Travis being new to the team and likely the most accomplished driver using the car was probably given all of those parts to evaluate.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Thanks David,you are correct with that asesment that Travis is giving a feed back and it will pay of big.Our team and the factory are really working hard to make this one of the most competive lines in the market.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Davidka
I'm not sure why the aftermarket bling thing is influencing the idea that this is an expensive car.
I hope you're not saying THAT car isn't an expensive car, because it is.

I'm not sure why everyone is trying to make my comment out as something bad. No need for the defense mechanism to kick in. Why would you want to hide the facts? This thread is about Travis' car, not a stock out of the box car.

Why not say: The car is exceptionally competitive right out of the box and little to nothing is needed for it to compete on a national level. TQ has also added the ability to customize the car to your liking with many aftermarket parts that will make the TQ SX10 the most high end luxury 2wd buggy ever made.

That car with those parts and the price tag for those parts make it the most expensive 2wd buggy I think I have ever seen and I've been doing this for 25 years.

I think its also fair to say that I would love to have it.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Why not say: The car is exceptionally competitive right out of the box and little to nothing is needed for it to compete on a national level. TQ has also added the ability to customize the car to your liking with many aftermarket parts that will make the TQ SX10 the most high end luxury 2wd buggy ever made.

That car with those parts and the price tag for those parts make it the most expensive 2wd buggy I think I have ever seen and I've been doing this for 25 years.
Because this thread was started about an XXXcr incorrectly in the first place. It says ^^that^^ repeatedly over in the "TQ racing goes electric".

If that's the most expensive 2wd car you've seen in 25 years then you haven't been around. Local Racer and I used to race with some guys that had CRAZY expensive custom rigs back in the day, we still beat em' with stock RC10's, eh Luther?

Travis' car is a test sled, everybody that races knows that. The kind of feedback that TQ is probably hoping for is to know if the added stiffness of the aluminum parts made enough of a difference to mold those parts in the stock kit out of stiffer plastic, that sort of thing.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hope you're not saying THAT car isn't an expensive car, because it is.

I'm not sure why everyone is trying to make my comment out as something bad. No need for the defense mechanism to kick in. Why would you want to hide the facts? This thread is about Travis' car, not a stock out of the box car.

I think its also fair to say that I would love to have it.
The kit is not expensive...at all. 190.00 for the buggy. The FT B4.1 is like 260.00 the X6 is 350.00. So the Tq 2wheel really expensive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.