R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Mamba Monster esc cutting out , ??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/420396-mamba-monster-esc-cutting-out.html)

Gen 07-27-2010 03:03 AM

Mamba Monster esc cutting out , ???

i have a brushless 1/8th buggy with a mamba monster and 1800 kv motor ,and am using a High Draw futaba brushless servo with steering ,now i feel when i push my car hard with lots of turning (Ie BASHIN) ,

it cuts out for a milli second every now and then ,but i notice it.. is it the motor and servos suckin too much power at the same time ,i heard stories about external batteries and becs ,is it for this reason ??????????

CSaddict 07-27-2010 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Gen (Post 7724512)
i have a brushless 1/8th buggy with a mamba monster and 1800 kv motor ,and am using a High Draw futaba brushless servo with steering ,now i feel when i push my car hard with lots of turning (Ie BASHIN) ,

it cuts out for a milli second every now and then ,but i notice it.. is it the motor and servos suckin too much power at the same time ,i heard stories about external batteries and becs ,is it for this reason ??????????

I had a brand new MMM with a bad BEC out of the box. Take your car and turn it all the way to one side and see if your receiver light flickers. Mine cut right out and the light blinked. Brought it back (after changing the servo and receiver!) and my LHS gave me a new one that works great.

CSaddict 07-27-2010 03:07 AM

Oh and the on/off switches go bad. Its the first thing I remove before installing them.

Gen 07-27-2010 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by CSaddict (Post 7724517)
Oh and the on/off switches go bad. Its the first thing I remove before installing them.

so you saying short out the switch ,,solder wires together ?????

BillySnarf 07-27-2010 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Gen (Post 7725161)
so you saying short out the switch ,,solder wires together ?????

Yes I believe that is what he is saying.. I did the same thing.. solder them together, put some shrink over it or electrical tape and tuck it away.

kman16jr 07-27-2010 10:04 AM

i cut off my switch and and just shrinkwrapped it so it will turn on as soon as plug in the battery.My wires are just twisted together and have heatshrink over the wires and then ziptied the wire to the positive or negative wire so it does flop around.:nod:

kman16jr 07-27-2010 10:05 AM

i can take a pick if you want to see it .:nod:

kman16jr 07-27-2010 10:15 AM

here are some pics of mine.:nod:

skerry1 07-27-2010 01:01 PM

I had one do this and it was because I had something binding in my servo and it was trying to draw too much power. Turn your servo left and right and make sure that the linkage isn't hitting anything. Hope this helps.

Gen 07-28-2010 02:38 AM

thnks ,will try

GGREAVES 04-29-2014 03:58 PM

I know nobody has posted here for a while.
I am having a power cut issue with 2 different mamba monster ESC. When I am running for reasons I cannot see the power totally cuts out, sometimes just the motor power and the servo still runs, or everything cuts out and nothing runs. You wait a few seconds and the ESC re initialized and beeps back to life.
I have removed the on/off switch on both, but they are still doing it. It has even happened mid air, the power cuts and brakes lock on.
What should I do? I have cleaned the internal board of the ESC, my receiver, checked for damaged connections... Everything I can think of.
Help!!!!!

rotachoc 04-29-2014 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by GGREAVES (Post 13224024)
I am having a power cut issue with 2 different mamba monster ESC. When I am running for reasons I cannot see the power totally cuts out, sometimes just the motor power and the servo still runs, or everything cuts out and nothing runs. You wait a few seconds and the ESC re initialized and beeps back to life.
I have removed the on/off switch on both, but they are still doing it. It has even happened mid air, the power cuts and brakes lock on.
What should I do? I have cleaned the internal board of the ESC, my receiver, checked for damaged connections... Everything I can think of.
Help!!!!!

Is it getting to hot and shutting down maybe????

I have a Losi 8ight-e 3.0 with the
Mamba Monster 2/2200kv motor not running external BEC,internal BEC is set at 6v,I ripped off the fan on the Mamba monster2 and Castle Creations Cooling Fan & Shroud and replaced them with NEW Muchmore Racing Motor/ESC Cooling Fan 30x30mm MR30FAN
Hitec HS-7955TG Digital Servo,
Futaba 4PLS S-FHSS Telemetry Radio/R304SB Receiver
I've had this about a month and no problems with it yet,(touch wood).

spookie 04-29-2014 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by GGREAVES (Post 13224024)
Help!!!!!

Did you try another set of batteries? My emaxx used to do that when the batteries started getting close to the lvd. setting. The batteries sag voltage, then rebound and off you go again.

GGREAVES 04-29-2014 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by rotachoc (Post 13224548)
Is it getting to hot and shutting down maybe????

I have a Losi 8ight-e 3.0 with the
Mamba Monster 2/2200kv motor not running external BEC,internal BEC is set at 6v,I ripped off the fan on the Mamba monster2 and Castle Creations Cooling Fan & Shroud and replaced them with NEW Muchmore Racing Motor/ESC Cooling Fan 30x30mm MR30FAN
Hitec HS-7955TG Digital Servo,
Futaba 4PLS S-FHSS Telemetry Radio/R304SB Receiver
I've had this about a month and no problems with it yet,(touch wood).

No it's not getting hot. Cooling fan is running fine on ESC and motor and they are both not hot to touch. They run about 120 degrees.

GGREAVES 04-29-2014 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by spookie (Post 13224621)
Did you try another set of batteries? My emaxx used to do that when the batteries started getting close to the lvd. setting. The batteries sag voltage, then rebound and off you go again.

I have different type of batteries. All 4 cell and above 5000mah. It does it no matter what battery I run.
Also it does it when I land flat on a large jump, but it's unpredictable.