Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
hobbyking.com RIP-OFF >

hobbyking.com RIP-OFF

hobbyking.com RIP-OFF

Old 07-20-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Initiate

Part of the risk for buying extremely cheap packs. I have ordered twice from them and have no complaints.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tb62 View Post
Gonna try that but I have a thing about fires.
That is why you should be using a lipo sack .
Old 07-20-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

ive bought twice from there and have at least 10 batteries from them and have had no problems until last week but it was actually my charger
and atleast its better than buying a reedy 3s or thunder power 3s (thats what i run)i can buy three more and next week shipping for one of those
Old 07-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Failure rate is about 3 Percent... I have order about 100 batteries total from them between me and my buddies...
Old 07-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I've ordered from the 3 times, lipos twice, total of 6. One was deleiverd with a very low cell which I've managed to rescue and now have performaing like the others.

Their warranty is stacked in theoir favor unless you follow it to the letter. Literally, the 1st thing to do when you open the box is check voltage - I use a cell checker that connects to the balance conn and shows all the cell voltages. If the cells all don't have 3.5-3.8v, you should send it back right then. This is kind of a mystery with HC/HK - they claim they test 100% of the cells, so how do these low cells keep getting out to buyers? Speculation is some cells are being accidentally shorted during construction and this is the reason for the occassional low voltage cell. These low voltage cells will prob not provide the same life cycles as one that's not been shorted.

Plane guys on RC Groups routinely send these lipos with a low voltage cell(s) back and seem to routinely get replacements. Either chalk it up as the cost of doing business and order an extra lipo or two or play the game by their rules, check them and send them back as needed.

I will be ordering from them again.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Nowhere on their site does it indicate a warranty for LIPO must be made the day of delivery.
http://hobbycity.com/hobbyking/store/lipo_policy.html

Read #1
Old 07-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
Hhhmm , imagine that . Guess he missed that part .
Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

I'm new to Hobbyking/HC, and I'm wondering.. what's up with those extremely low prices? I've seen those brands elsewhere for atleast 4 times those prices.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dj_sparky View Post
I'm new to Hobbyking/HC, and I'm wondering.. what's up with those extremely low prices? I've seen those brands elsewhere for atleast 4 times those prices.
Those are the regular prices . People buy them and crank the price up to sell .I was going to buy a bunch and sell at reasonable prices but had to spend the $ on other stuff .
Old 07-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

My turnigy lipos have all been fine. They are dirt cheap, so you are risking some quality control... But I've never had a problem.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
Those are the regular prices . People buy them and crank the price up to sell .I was going to buy a bunch and sell at reasonable prices but had to spend the $ on other stuff .
Ahh, that makes sense. Thank you.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj_sparky View Post
cuz they sell in volume.......give ppl something for reasonable price and the word spreads so the more they sell, makes sense
Old 07-20-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Rookie

This topic is getting off the point. I did miss the link from their terms & conditions page for the specific LIPO warranty exclusions. In my haste, I neglected to read through every aspect of their T&C. My point, as stated was Buyer Beware, that's all, just a heads up. The whole ordeal is disheartening. Working for a manufacturer of an American made product, we value customer loyalty. Something lost in translation.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

This topic is getting off the point. I did miss the link from their terms & conditions page for the specific LIPO warranty exclusions. In my haste, I neglected to read through every aspect of their T&C. My point, as stated was Buyer Beware, that's all, just a heads up. The whole ordeal is disheartening. Working for a manufacturer of an American made product, we value customer loyalty. Something lost in translation.
Exactly how is this "buyer beware" ?

Maybe be aware to read the terms and conditions before buying something . Hobby King did exactly what their T&C state .
Old 07-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Briguy View Post
Exactly how is this "buyer beware" ?

Maybe be aware to read the terms and conditions before buying something . Hobby King did exactly what their T&C state .

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service