Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Phillip, for the transmitter. Pm'd you some details
Old 09-25-2016, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King DORK
Phillip, for the transmitter. Pm'd you some details
thanks a ton I noticed my double A batt holder comes out of my 3prka so it can fit a recharge-able pack !!!
Old 09-25-2016, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

well the sc-r is all together and running I decided to go with a venom 5000 100C Lipo my last lipo was a venom 7200mah 100c and I really liked it plus the venom Warranty is Good. I decided to go with the 5000 cause it was not only cheaper but 10 grams lighter and still has more than enough juice.

I broke in the ball diff, and got the steering all connected, Im really happy with the futaba 3prka this turned out to be a solid stock short course truck.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default SCR-SP

Recognizing that this is not the for sale thread, note that I have 2 very lightly used SCR-SP kits for sale. If anyone wants them, make an offer. I will be listing them in the for sale section in the coming days.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

so the yellow springs didnt work out well, on flat ground there softness provided great traction but i didnt take in to account there ability to jump as they caused me two lose my first 6 heats in stock and mod, the ride height I wanted to run made the shocks useless to jump with, as they would not preload but bottom out, upon raising them they worked better but then made the truck fly awful it probaly didnt help that they turned out to be buggy shock's, lol dont say it, any way I put the factory rtr springs back on and for rtr there impressive, I plan to win my next race however there still not velvets.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 10-03-2016 at 04:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by traxxdigger
Recognizing that this is not the for sale thread, note that I have 2 very lightly used SCR-SP kits for sale. If anyone wants them, make an offer. I will be listing them in the for sale section in the coming days.
sweet at some point Im going to need to stock up on spare parts so it would be nice to have a complete spare chassis Im also in need of velvets so if the shocks are pristine and the price is right Id def give it serious thought Ive been checking the for sale thread to see if you posted, where are you at as far as price ???
Old 10-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

so I'm a little proud

https://youtu.be/N_MgmZYq9DA
Old 10-06-2016, 03:48 PM
Tech Regular

its amazing how much different/better with the factory springs, Im going to figure out a way to upload video, create a youtube account or something, honestly ive had several sets of big bores to 10mm racing shocks and thesse are the tightest as far as piston to shock body clearance no gaps I wish I could show you, I rebuilt them and put 25 rear 27.5 front, why arent aluminum ones like this ??? after owning pro specs Ive fell in love with the piston boldted on, some c clips allow the piston to shift up and down, any way I race tommorow I look to redeem my self theres nothing worst then putting a thousand into sct and getting smoked, I say that in the most humble way it didnt happen over night, those yellow springs made it uncontrollable, its butter, I'm pumped.

theres this new dyno coming out Ive been studying how they work and different software "alot" Im going to open a rc dyno shop do what I love you know...

well Im gonna get painting ill get pics up asap I really love this truck, I'm a grown man but I bring this thing to bed with me it makes me so happy.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 10-07-2016 at 01:21 AM.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

The best SCT I have owned, too bad there's not as much activity here any more. I guess everybody moved on to the "newer better truck".
Old 10-06-2016, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I agree with you. This truck was really good. I wonder how it would compare today.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by thecman26
The best SCT I have owned, too bad there's not as much activity here any more. I guess everybody moved on to the "newer better truck".
I couldnt agree more this ones a lifer yeah its just us lol kinda nice, I got big Love for the sc6 but Im not giving up my plastic/carbon composite chassis !!!
Old 10-06-2016, 08:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cnelson3
I agree with you. This truck was really good. I wonder how it would compare today.
its still direct competition, the trans mission case half the parts are still the same. the sc6 was out when I was in my 10.2 we were turning the fastest laps and jim crow still is, most of my competition is sc10's I got in this to put the brakes on that I'm the only Sc-r I have an entire rb5/6/sc/sc6 parts bin to my self at hobby town, our track is connected.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 10-06-2016 at 09:17 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

yeah dont get caught up in all that talk, not long ago the x factory was the only mid motor out there and the bigger company's said they were wrong, and rear motor was all there really was and now all of a sudden its only for loose low traction lol, truth is they needed progress and xfactory was the first to realize the way forward the bigger company's were looking for a buck. if cavalri was still in his 7 times champion 10.2 maifeld wouldnt be the current champ, the Sc-r was always the better sct tho IMO

2013 reedy truck race of champions was dominated back to back by K cars one of my fav tebo performances !!! a race only fit for the best in the world Rip Mr. Reedy

Id also like to note that the team durango was capable of both mid and rear and was the most tune-able the other Jim would show up on random friday nights and lay the smack down thing was dialed you were eventually able to get it brand new for only 150$

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 10-07-2016 at 01:25 AM.
Old 10-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Tech Regular

something told me to wait on cutting out my body and painting last night cause I'm really close with the gentlemen who own's a shop next door and they happen to race stock cars and are track nuts, anywho I didnt have a body siscoors or knife, however just got done useing air tools from the shop and for ounce I have the perfect0 body

I'm surprised to because the Dad is mad at me for showing his son sct racing I guess he already forks out a lot on the stock car, oops !!!

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 10-07-2016 at 12:18 PM.
Old 10-08-2016, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

PhilipBGreen, check your pm's I sent you one awhile ago. I also race at HobbyTown every once and awhile with my sc-r.

Are you looking for Big Bore Velvets or regular? I have some regular ones and and a few different sct springs and all of the buggy colored springs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.