Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread >

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

she's officially complete the matching front an rear hub carrier's are beautiful, I think mip gets its hex's from st cause the gun metal is a perfect match, the B fast worked out great with the mip thanks to the shop across the st, I said I wasnt going to get the carbon fiber kit But screw it this truck deserves it, I really thought I was going to get it for my birthday, but they tricked me cause I wouldnt leave it alone lol, the carbon kit an screw kit is my next move then I'm good, I know a lot of people are into whats new, but just like real cars they come all different ways old and new are capable of winning, its all on how its set up, an what its meant to do, dont count this old beast out !!! this is a booming industry an only getting stronger but I feel some of yall are brain washed , its ok tho cause I am too a lil, any way track side is our biggest an best track I even think its on the map for the pro's not sure, but its not far from me, I bought my esc an servo from there I plan to spend alot more time there, its a really awesome track Hope to see some of yall there ill upload some pics shortly...

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 11-10-2016 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Tech Regular

Well this is it guys, just need to put the rear shocks on and the electronics in it.

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread-kyosho-1.jpg

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread-kyosho-2.jpg

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread-kyosho-3.jpg

[ATTACH]1382336[/ATTA
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread-kyosho-4.jpg   Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread-ana.jpg  

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 09-08-2016 at 03:54 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:43 AM
Tech Regular

Back side... I love the fact that the motor centering balance kit came with an aluminum extended top shaft from factory, as it could have been a steel extended top shaft, an the stock steel one was quite heavy !!!

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread-76yo4.jpg

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-23-2016 at 06:52 AM.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:15 AM
Tech Regular

thinking about grabbing one of these Hope its worth the weight there's one on CL Brand new un opened for cheap...

http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/illuzi...ma-sc-overtray
Old 08-23-2016, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Unless you are going to run the truck in the mud it isn't needed.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kraig
Unless you are going to run the truck in the mud it isn't needed.
thanks, def weight that's not needed then !!!
Old 08-24-2016, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

I finally got it out of my head that I have to pay 160 for velvet's, well that's what they want for the sc6 version 79$ a set, but I guess the last edition scr-sp came with big bore velvets with a blue cap ring an collar and the shock body is the same size as sc6 or is the same shock I should say but its 15$ less, then there's the 12mm original version an those can be had for 100 or so I got my eye on them, there's nothing wrong with the ones I have now an I can see winning with them but Velvets are considered the best in the industry how can I not have them. obviously I'm kidding but the first kyosho sct I drove had them an is the reason I fell in love with the sc-r the handling.

also my LHS has a carbon composite chassis that had a 53$ price tag I guess its 10 grams Lighter, I asked them to match AMain an they said they couldnt I thought AMain bought hobby Town or vice versa when's the merger supposed to happen cause AMain has it for 29$ they also had a clear ultima sc body and that was 50$ it had an inch of dust on it and the card board tag was all faded, its like new body's don't even cost that much, an beside my brother and I think cj who drives an sc6 any way are the only one's in kyosho sct's witch I like but I couldnt get a deal on that either.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-24-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Tech Regular

I'm thinking about cutting in to my chassis with "precision" to position a shorty pack Horizontally in the chassis opposed to running a full size stick pack the long way down the middle, or the way the chassis intended.
For some reason I always felt the Higher Mah full size pack gave me a more constant an consistent voltage there for Lap times, witch probably is not true so I think I may Give the Highest Mah lowest ir shorty pack I can find a try, on top of that side way's, thing is I will lose some options on weight distribution IDK well see.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-25-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

I understand R/C racing has its own identity & heritage, and I know the people who originated the sport do a good job of protecting that Heritage, and that it's roots revolve around Buggy's, at least in off road, for instance our ultima Sc-r Deriving From the 87 world champion Ultima buggy Lineage to the RB we see Today, any who Its a real Blessing that thee originators Decided to give us an off road Racing machine that mimic'ed full scale 1:1 Racing, Real world full size, Mixed with the proven performance of the heavily R&D R/C Buggy's, that's how we got the R/C SCT's we also see today.

Here's a video of the "real" stadium trucks/SCT/desert trucks witch are all one in the same just set up different. and therefore I also believe that our R/C SCT's Are the Real Stadium Trucks,so when people say "what happened" to the stadium truck class in R/C, I whisper under my breathe the SCT is the real stadium truck class and were alive and running strong . Before there were "R/C SCT" they actually had R/C Buggy race's at these events Like you'll see Here in this first video @ 48 second's, filmed in 1989, enjoy the Japanese company Toyota Built & Funded Team Toyota's, Toyota nippon/denso/yokohama sponsored sct witch dominated sct racing for years with 260hp 4 cylinder's & 300hp v6's witch were up against 6-700 hp competitors. I wish kyosho would make a replica kit of the iron man stewart toyota !!!

https://youtu.be/SNCEkxkYIf4

https://youtu.be/4g_BzAZfGak another good one !!!

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 08-26-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

another fav !!!

https://youtu.be/G13k3kMWCLE
Old 09-15-2016, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

this is the longest it ever took me too build, the electronics are in, the motor is soldered up it all looks really good I have every carbon composite part kyosho made on the way beside the carbon fiber parts kit diggity design makes,I figure since its a lifer and will be passed to my son I may as well go all the way, still need radio and batt thinking about grabbing one of those fly sky for now are they ok considering ?

ill post some pics soon.

Last edited by PhilipBGreen; 09-15-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

after a lil research on radios the fly sky is out I'm sure its great for the price but Im thinking futaba 3prka, 3pl,3pv. sanwa mx-v, ect ect
Old 09-17-2016, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Phillip, hey bro, I've been a Spektrum guy since they came out. Never had a glitching issue through many many electronics combos. If you're not looking to spend a lot I'd suggest checking the for sale forum for a good condition used DX3R/4R Pro or a Airtronics/Sanwa MT4. More features than you'll likely ever use. I did a inexpensive LiFe battery mod ($13) with my DX3R Pro and it's been amazing.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by King DORK
Phillip, hey bro, I've been a Spektrum guy since they came out. Never had a glitching issue through many many electronics combos. If you're not looking to spend a lot I'd suggest checking the for sale forum for a good condition used DX3R/4R Pro or a Airtronics/Sanwa MT4. More features than you'll likely ever use. I did a inexpensive LiFe battery mod ($13) with my DX3R Pro and it's been amazing.

my first radio was a dx4c and I loved it, I had 2gs invested in a really nice set up for my sc10.2 and I sold it all for 400 bucks tool's and all, Ill never make that mistake again.

I prolly should have looked in the for sale section seeing how I was looking to get a Bang for my Buck but I got caught up in the now with only a hundred to invest so I grabbed a futaba 3prka from my LHS.

however it does except a Lipo or Life pack so I can still do the mod it came with an on and off switch how do I do the mod ?
Old 09-22-2016, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

your going to laugh when you hear this, but I assumed the mod you were speaking of had something to do with putting a small battery pack in the chassis to power the Rx so it didnt run off the "the main Batt' lmao

I believe now what you meant by mod was a recharge-able pack for the transmitter lol

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.