Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread >

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Adamska27 View Post
Is this the same as the old putnam brushes?

Those were awesome at the time, dare I say legendary brushes for stock
Yup - we diversified into a full-blown shop (www.rcspeedshop.com) since the brushed motor days. Still blueprint and dyno tune brushless motors as well as manufacture our 6 Dirt Oval cars.

We are currently expanding more into Off Road parts, accessories, kits, etc;

Stop by our site and check us out - we have ultra-competitive prices and are adding lines and products on a daily basis.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pimpin View Post
Very high bite surface!!
10 minute a main
Approx 90deg F outside
20deg endbell timing
26/78
17.5 blinky

Came off at 200degF
200F! Yikes...nice run though.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Todd Putnam View Post
Stop by our site and check us out - we have ultra-competitive prices and are adding lines and products on a daily basis.
I might just have to do that, you surely had the good stuff when I left off, glad you're still around
Old 03-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

So i heard. Is that my old scr?
Yes it is...still your same setup as well. I know you know how to build them. Congrats on. Your win in truck too...great job at cactus.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Cactus Classic 2013 - 17.5 Blinky Short Course

#2 Matt Gilbert - Yellow/Blue
SpeedtechRC.com Kyosho SCR-SP
SpeedtechRC.com 6500mah 70C Lipo
Speed Passion Reventon Pro Esc
Speed Passion MMM 17.5
MIP Diff Kit
MIP CVD Kit
Proline Ion Tires - MX compound F/R
Proline Renegade Rims - Slash Rears F/R
Proline Flotek Body

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aM-KOIY7TM
Congrats Matt! That is actually one race I watched until the end.

Originally Posted by Adamska27 View Post
I might just have to do that, you surely had the good stuff when I left off, glad you're still around
There is nothing to see there Adam, that is not the shop you are looking for...move along.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi View Post
200F! Yikes...nice run though.
Thanks. And yea the temp was def higher than i would normally run but for a 10minute a main i didnt want to gear down and lose all my power. The speed passion motor actually never faded the whole race so it all worked out.

Originally Posted by lbckevin View Post
Yes it is...still your same setup as well. I know you know how to build them. Congrats on. Your win in truck too...great job at cactus.
Thats cool to hear! And thank you!

Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
Congrats Matt! That is actually one race I watched until the end.
Thanks kraig. I had to strap it up in the last half of the race to win that one. Raced lavery clean in the beginning then got done dirty a couple times later after i got by him.

Hoffmans roof slide pass on me was epic!!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

anybody got an idea of the ball park gearing for a med size outdoor clay track. I have a tekin gen 2 10.5t motor and a Tekin rs pro esc. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:05 AM

Trader Rating: 470 (100%+)

Try 21/82!!!!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Posvar View Post
Try 21/82!!!!
Thanks!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Hello all.

Have a small issue. Coming off the straight onto either a sweeper or a 90 degree left turn my rear end washes out. I have to go in, dive the truck in and kind of counter steer it o I don't loose it. Any suggestions.

Diff isn't tight
-2 rear camber
Soft tires
28mm ride height
30 weight oil front and back.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
Hello all.

Have a small issue. Coming off the straight onto either a sweeper or a 90 degree left turn my rear end washes out. I have to go in, dive the truck in and kind of counter steer it o I don't loose it. Any suggestions.

Diff isn't tight
-2 rear camber
Soft tires
28mm ride height
Go -1 on the camber front and rear. U very well may not have the contact patch u need for accelerating out of the turn and this causes your rear end to just keep rotating. A longer camber link might help u out as well but I don't know what ur set up is right now.

32 mm front ride height and 28-30 in the rear. Your diff shouldn't be too loose. When u "diff out", u are essentially putting all the lateral force on the outside tire and then whatever tracking the inside tire makes is pushing the truck forward. Depending on how the traction is, your just making the situation worse.

For oil, I run 32.5 front and 27.5 -30 rear so ur not off there.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
Hello all.

Diff isn't tight
-2 rear camber
Soft tires
28mm ride height
raise the rear inner ball stud
funny you don't mention 90 degree RIGHT hand turns...
if it only does it to one side I'd look for "issues"
Old 03-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Regarding weighing the corners of our truck and the affect of shock collar adjustment.
U should weigh the corners without springs. Then after the springs are on adjust collars for the same balance. Frankly I doubt most of us would ever feel a weight difference on the four corners. But I am reassured in the back of my mind somewhat when I get it "close enough" on the scales when laying out components and such, and let the collar thing just be a height/shock adjustment. When you move the collar it's the same thing as the guy stuffing that big wrench in the back window of a nascar, (weight "jacking") so in fact adjusting the collars does shift the weight balance of the car (we all know that). Doesn't mean squat if your not rubber side down ALL the time. I also believe lighter is better so I generally "balance" my car with the components and only use lead when neccesary.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

anyone want a SC-R with Big Bores lots of extras and 0 run time? R10 esc with 7.5 or 17.5 VST motor, with kyosho 2367 servo. fresh painted body.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cnelson3 View Post
Go -1 on the camber front and rear. U very well may not have the contact patch u need for accelerating out of the turn and this causes your rear end to just keep rotating. A longer camber link might help u out as well but I don't know what ur set up is right now.

32 mm front ride height and 28-30 in the rear. Your diff shouldn't be too loose. When u "diff out", u are essentially putting all the lateral force on the outside tire and then whatever tracking the inside tire makes is pushing the truck forward. Depending on how the traction is, your just making the situation worse.

For oil, I run 32.5 front and 27.5 -30 rear so ur not off there.
Originally Posted by asc6000 View Post
raise the rear inner ball stud
funny you don't mention 90 degree RIGHT hand turns...
if it only does it to one side I'd look for "issues"
Thanks. Its only the left hand turns as those are the only turns that I have issues right after the high speed runs. Any other left 90 turn at low speed its fine.

Tract is hard packed slightly dusty with good traction.
I'm not really running anyone's set up just put things where the tune with camber links suggested for what I was looking for. (Side bite) its always done it though.

I got the lipo all the way in rear (5000mah) with the stock kit rear springs. I did raise it a bit and put a 4000 mah lipo and it seemed as it didn't do it as often, maybe I was bottoming out?? Someone suggested me to put my rear top shocks in the middle or outer hole in the top tower since I'm on the inside hole..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.