Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread >

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just picked up a SC-R roller from a buddy(he is sticking to 4x4)
Raced it for the first time last night and it was great. indoor clay that I never run, running in sportsman stock 17.5 boosted class in blinky mode.
Novak 17.5 geared 75x26, N on the timing was getting smoked on the straights by all the boosted guys but I was eating them up on the infield
out of 20 trucks got in the a main and finished 6th, not bad for a new truck, new track, running blinky with all the boosted.
Just saying that I am super happy with this truck it is amazing to say the least. i have to change my whole driving style to more agressive.
I was racing a LCG Slash that I was doing great with...I thought. I was just out of reach of the top 3 guys at the track. They better look out now cause i am comming for them
Old 12-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

I have been looking for the difference between the SC-R that I have and the SC-R SP, what is the difference?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dirtman71
I have been looking for the difference between the SC-R that I have and the SC-R SP, what is the difference?
Copied from Kyosho, with part numbers so you can upgrade specific things if you want......

SC-R SP Features:

Velvet Coated Big Bore Shocks: Kyosho is well known for silky smooth shocks and the Triple Cap Big Bore Shocks included with the Ultima SC-R SP are no exception. The shock body consists of three major components, a top cap, velvet coated threaded bodies, and a lower cartridge. The velvet coated shock bodies feature a threaded spring pre-load collar for quick and easy adjustment. The threaded adjuster features an O-ring that prevents the preload settings from moving, which ensures consistent performance from start to finish. The lower shock cartridge allows for quick and easy maintenance of the double O-ring seals. (KYOW5304GM & KYOW5305GM)
Re-Designed Slipper: New shape and material efficiently transfers the power through the drive train to the tires increasing the overall traction. Newly developed slipper clutch system new shape and new materials. (KYOUM570/KYOUM571/KYOUM572)
Offset Motor Mount: Balance is the essence of any racing chassis and the offset motor mount centers the weight of the motor giving the perfect side to side balance. (KYOUM523/KYOUM524)
Bullet Proof Brace: A re-designed machined aluminum front hinge pin brace allows the highest security in protection and durability. (KYOUMW519)
Tungsten Balls: Tungsten diff balls, long lasting, reliable and durable diff balls made from the toughest material currently available. (KYO97030)
Hard Ends: Hard 4.8mm ball ends for increased security in the roughest race conditions. (KYO97021H)
Re-Designed Servo Saver: Current race conditions require even more aggressive turns and maneuvers. The strengthened servo saver is extremely reliable and will transfer all the drivers steering commands accurately, holding the position without any issues. (KYOLA221HB)
Clamp Wheel Hubs: 6 contact points spread the load on the wheel to prevent stripping and the larger, flat mounting surface keeps the wheels running straight and true. With New Gun Metal color matching the SP scheme. (KYOLAW30GM)
Old 12-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

thank you

I read all that on the sight but was hard to tell what was realy "new"
After cross referance on the part # i see what i got

thanks that was a big help
Old 01-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am interested in getting one of these trucks in place of my SC10. Where online can I find setup sheets and what optional parts should I order if I get the SC-R SP? Are there any parts that break frequently that I should stock extras of?

Also, I assume the wheels from my SC10 will work on it?

Thx!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SAMCRO
I am interested in getting one of these trucks in place of my SC10. Where online can I find setup sheets and what optional parts should I order if I get the SC-R SP? Are there any parts that break frequently that I should stock extras of?

Thx!
The kit has been discontinued but Stormer Hobbies has one in stock
http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...s&pn=KYO30854B

as for the wheels, the SC10 uses bearings in the front and pins in the rear
the Kyosho uses hexes all around

Hope that helps
Old 01-01-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thx!
The SP is solid and you shouldn't need much. I have yet to break my SC-R. If anything grab some springs that work at your track.

There's a used SP on the For Sale threads now from a great seller. I bought my ZX5 FS2 from the guy and it was like new.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
The SP is solid and you shouldn't need much. I have yet to break my SC-R. If anything grab some springs that work at your track.

There's a used SP on the For Sale threads now from a great seller. I bought my ZX5 FS2 from the guy and it was like new.
What is the latest kit if the SP is discontinued? My SC actually has the hex conversion. How does the Kyosho truck compare to the SC 10? My SC10 seems bobbly and gets sketchy when I get it going fast
Old 01-01-2013, 09:16 AM

Trader Rating: 470 (100%+)

Sp is the latest until the new one comes out hopefully later this year. The truck really does not compare to the sc10. It is dialed!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

What is the latest kit if the SP is discontinued? My SC actually has the hex conversion. How does the Kyosho truck compare to the SC 10? My SC10 seems bobbly and gets sketchy when I get it going fast
I owned a FT SC10 before my SC-R. The wheels would fit, but the offsets might be different. The SCR uses Slash rear wheels on the front and back.

Both trucks are awesome. I just wanted to run the same brand buggy and SC.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)
Default k car

My friend bought an SC-10 and I bought the Ultima-SC so Ive drove them both out of the box rtr and in my opinion the kyosho is the better car as far as over all handling and weight distributution. I would rather race the ultima out of the box than an sc-10.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can find a spring chart for the big bore truck springs?
Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (99%+)

Jwood7 I'd be interested in seeing a chart also if you find one on the big bores I'd like to see how they compare to other springs also.

back to the rim deal I myself try and run the 2wd slash fronts all the way around to get a little extra width and stability outta the truck.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

im getting the sc RTR what batterie do you guys recommend. Also anything else I need to buy? thanks
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goodhews
Having nothing but problems with kyosho cvd's. For a while I was just having an axle snap every 2-4 weeks. But, went to the MIP cvds broke the driveshaft right off. Switched back to the kyosho cvd's finished the night. Saturday I ended up breaking 2 driveshafts, and then today at a totally different track broke 2 more driveshafts....

Not sure why my axles have stopped breaking, but really wishing the driveshafts would stop.
It's an SP, with a 13.5. I run my diffs on the loose side. I drive slow and relatively easy on my vehicle
That's strange. Could it have to do with the way you have the slipper and diff adjusted? I race stock & mod sc, stadium truck, and buggy every week and have been doing so for quite a while. I have sc-r sps, an RT5, and an RB6. I do occasionally break an axle, the FFM lifetimes help a bit, but I've never broken a shaft.....worn out a few, but never twisted ot snapped one. Our track is fairly Kyosho partial and that is not a common problem.....I've never seen it happen. One of the locals is a fully sponsored Kyosho driver and I haven't even seen it happen to him and he practices every day pretty much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.